Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 pm

I got a chance to throw some new MILL and thought I'd give a review. 33 degrees with only 10 mph winds and no snow is about the best we've had for a while... :lol:

150 1.3 Starlite QOLF. This is a bit less stable than the other QOLF's. It has just a touch more dome which gave me a little more glide/distance. Plastic is not hard Q, a little softer. I like this disc. As ZJ said before, they only come in darker colors. I'm going to put it in the bag and see how tough it is to find. I want to beat it up a bit since I'd like it a bit less stable.

167 S-Scorp (tye-dye). Even though it's a 1st run it's a little different than my other ones. This new S plastic is very nice and a little softer. The dome is a bit less than the others but it seems to have the same flight/distance. The S-Scorp is my main sidearm disc. Very reliable.

162 ZG-Quasar. There aren't any bubbles at the edge of the rim. That should help with wear. I got some heavier ones (162-164) to see if they would be overstable enough to throw sidearm as the 150-155's didn't seem to be. (But then my form sucks so that probably doesn't help...) It was stable enough for my poor form and I like getting the extra D. These are all "poppy tops" for what it's worth. :D Still testing it but it will probably replace one of my ZG-Scorps.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Flipflat » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:29 am

Picked up some 1.22 MJLS's the other day (white), not sure if it's the standard for the run but damn these are stiff, very similar to kc pro. A little on the slick side, and very little flex in the flight plate. A nice surprise seeing as all the stock runs I've ever felt have been on the soft side. The only other run that compares in stiffness would be the first run in M plastic, the ones that say "J" LS test run (ADiscand3Plates posted a pic a few pages ago), but I think these are stiffer.

Are all the 1.22's like this?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Stringbean » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:53 am

Yep, I have a white one as well. 172 grams, stiff and stable.
Summit - Judge - QMS - Leopard - Eagle - SOLS - QOLF - Beast - Wraith
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:34 pm

Has anyone thrown the newer SMS's? I have always thrown either the gummy QMS or the CE QMS. For me, the new SMS acts weird. When thrown into any headwind the disc wabbles badly. I'll throw a QMS (CE or Gummy) and it flies perfectly flat and straight. My first thought was OAT. But shouldn't I also have OAT with the QMS's??

ZJ, Solty, Steve, have you guys tried these?
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Hwicha » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:12 am

Nothing beats gummy QMS or CE QMS! Doubt that something ever will....
Team Millennium
Russian DG Association president
PDGA CC Russia
Hwicha
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Millennium

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:45 am

I think it's already been talked about in here but are any of the new sparkly QOLFs in bright colors?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby zj1002 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 am

@Frank - they were all in Blue, Purple and Black. I actually really like this run. The blue is fairly bright for blue. Its a run worth checking out, more of a longer teebird this time around. The black actually look pretty sick with the stardust, just not much for throwing. kinda lame innova ran those colors for an amazing disc.

@Steady - The new SMS are weird. Definitely not the normal MS flight you expect. If I recall it was domey, but really poppy top domey. The new QMS are pretty good, but definitely different from the old stuff. Luckily I have enough CE QMS to last 10+ years.

I am really hoping we see a new midrange some time soon. I would like to see a QMS3 akin to the Shark3/Roc3/Mako3. It would basically be a premium QMF(roc top).

I did hear that they have some freaky stable Q-Astras. I held one, but haven't thrown it. Basically they molded up crazy wrong. The wing pulled up really high and also gave it a plus mold. I think some more omega variations are coming as well. Excited for that.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks ZJ. Yes, the SMS does have a huge poppy top dome. I had to pull it out of the bag... I too have a huge supply of gummy and CE's so it's no big deal.

I really like the new Stardust QOLF. It's a little softer and has good grip. But unfortunately, mine are pretty dark. They are very predictable though. My 150's reminds me of the 1.1 SOLF, just a bit more overstable. Dead straight for most of the flight and then fades at the end. Holds up well into a headwind.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Steve » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:00 am

Haven't bothered with the new sms yet. I've been bombing around a collection of misplaced sharks lately. I also haven't gotten to try the new qolf yet either, I am pretty well stocked on the x-out sqolfs and have been drifting towards pd's.

Can any of you guys with influence get me some glow qms and qolfs?
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:23 am

The new QOLFs are pretty much identical to the ncie x-outs QOLFs
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:51 am

Omega big beads...

SS and AP...

get you some!
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:53 pm

zj1002 wrote:Omega big beads...

SS and AP...

get you some!

I saw that they just came out. I have a bunch of the 2.1 BB Omegas. I really like them. Overstable. Mine is beat to crap and it's still overstable.

Steve, I don't think they are interested in the glow stuff. At least not yet. I can ask.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby zj1002 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 am

Yeah I have some 2.1s. I seasoned one up really well and it is now my go-to approach disc. It doesn't go as far as my 1.11 APs, but I don't need it for that. Pretty much any straight to hyzer approach inside 200ft gets this BB Omega. I really had to learn to like it, because at first it wasn't what I expected. It was straighter than other aviar drivers I had thrown, but still had the great low speed sit-down. When I dialed that in, I knew it was staying

This is why I am excited for the AP Big Bead. It will be nice to have something I can really crank on and hopefully it will have more distance because of the plastic. I grabbed more AP Big beads and 1.13 APs this time around. Only got 1 of the new SS BB, just to see how the plastic was
zj1002
metroid cannon

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 am

Can someone school me on current runs of OLF's?

Looking to get one that will handle some headwinds to step between my Champ Beasts (400' max RHBH) and my Firebird.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Stringbean » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 am

I would also like some OLF schooling. How does it compare to an Orc? I currently have a SOLS / Orc tandem. Any advantage to going SOLS / SOLF?
Summit - Judge - QMS - Leopard - Eagle - SOLS - QOLF - Beast - Wraith
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment