pure(ly) awesome

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby JR » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Softs are tacky and flexible to a degree meaning pretty much but not the floppiest of discs. Hards are planks and slickish.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 am

JR wrote:Softs are tacky and flexible to a degree meaning pretty much but not the floppiest of discs. Hards are planks and slickish.

My local store had the new Lat 64 mid in stock in Zero Hard, and it actually wasn't too slick. It was actually somewhat velvety.

I ordered 2 Hard Pures for putting. I've tried to get on board with taller, slower putters, but my style (and lack of practice and playing) doesn't seem to work well with them. I'll give these a shot.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 am

Fightingthetide wrote:
JR wrote:Softs are tacky and flexible to a degree meaning pretty much but not the floppiest of discs. Hards are planks and slickish.

My local store had the new Lat 64 mid in stock in Zero Hard, and it actually wasn't too slick. It was actually somewhat velvety.

I ordered 2 Hard Pures for putting. I've tried to get on board with taller, slower putters, but my style (and lack of practice and playing) doesn't seem to work well with them. I'll give these a shot.

I just picked up 2 of the ZHard Pures as well and they are my putting dream. When it comes out of my hand I know that its doing exactly what I told it to. If you like stiff putters like me these are the best available right now.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

pure(ly) awesome

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:18 am

Thanks! Looking forward to gettin them in the bag.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby CurSpider » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:21 pm

I use a factory second gold line pure as a midrange disc for approach, up shots and of the tee under 200ft or so. Love the feel and durability of this plastic.
For putting I use several of the test material 2 pures, as they just feel great also.
Apart from having to a just a little as I tend to putt low with pures this really is a do it all disc inside 220ft for me maybe further for others.

Love them.

Sent from somewhere and sometime in a TARDIS...
CurSpider
Noob

Favorite Disc: Westside Sword (VIP)

pure(ly) awesome

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu May 02, 2013 5:31 am

How does ZHard compare with TM2?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:17 am

Fightingthetide wrote:How does ZHard compare with TM2?

I've never felt TM2, but I was thinking I'd heard it was the same thing renamed... Someone here may be able to tell you for sure though.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Thu May 02, 2013 8:24 am

TM2 became Eze, and so far I've heard that ZHard isn't the same plastic as Eze.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby dgdave » Thu May 02, 2013 11:57 am

Eze is gone
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Oh okay, I was thinking someone told me Eze became ZHard and the old Zero was ZSoft.

Like I said, I'd never felt TM2 or Eze so I didn't know. Thanks for the clarification :)

I know when I first started throwing Pures they were only in Grip and Zero. Grip was awesome for driving and Zero did not fit my putting at all. I gave them up and never looked back until my wife picked up a Zhard the other month and said "You need to look at this..."
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby keltik » Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 pm

Crosseyed0811 wrote:I gave them up and never looked back until my wife picked up a Zhard the other month and said "You need to look at this..."

that is kinda funny right there...
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby vto » Thu May 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Crosseyed0811 wrote:Oh okay, I was thinking someone told me Eze became ZHard and the old Zero was ZSoft.

Well, it's sort of like that, but not quite. The Zero Soft is a bit softer and gummier than the old Zero (which is a shame, since I really liked the old Zero, and I think this Zero Soft is too soft). And a friend of mine has both EZE and Zero Hard Pures, and they feel very similar, but the Zero Hard seems to be slightly harder than the EZE. The surface texture and feel on EZE and Zero Hard is similar enough to say that ZH is probably just slightly tweaked EZE to make it even stiffer.

I think I'd like a Zero Medium between those extremes..
Quasar, Nuke, Predator, Orion LF, Orion LS, Roc, Comet, Sinus AP, Pure
vto
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Postby JR » Thu May 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Zero Hard is slickish and EZE is quite tacky for a plastic disc but nowhere near as tacky as the softs which are somewhat floppy unlike EZE and certainly far away from the plate like Zero hard. Zero hard? Mucho hard.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri May 03, 2013 2:33 pm

JR wrote:Zero Hard is slickish and EZE is quite tacky for a plastic disc but nowhere near as tacky as the softs which are somewhat floppy unlike EZE and certainly far away from the plate like Zero hard. Zero hard? Mucho hard.

So they really are that hard and slick?

I called my local store to see if the 2 that I ordered arrived today, and they did. I had them check, and they just said they were Zero, but didn't say that they were Zero Hard. I have a feeling they didn't specify which kind of Zero when they ordered (grumble). I'll see how they feel in the hand.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby aerodriver » Fri May 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Here is the picture I believe I posted over in the Lat64 thread regarding the EZE vs. Zero Soft plastic rigidity.

EZE (Before they put out TM2/Zero Hard)

Zero Soft
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Westside Warship

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment