Westside Giant

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Westside Giant

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 pm

The latest TP Giant I bought is kinda like yours too Kern... My Opto's from day 1 haven't changed though.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Booter » Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 am

Kern,i have had one vip giant do that to me as well. I first bought it from a friend lightly used,threw it for several rounds and it flew nice and stable,it wouldnt flip and i was using it for fh shots as well. Then one day i threw it fh and it just turned and then went straight,i chalked it upnas a shitty throw. I threw it bh later in tue same round and it flipped on me hard and almost burned into the ground. I threw it a few times more to make sure i wasnt just throwing shitty but sure enough,i was throwing it on a hyzer just to get it to flip flat. It still had some bite in the end but it reminded me of a very beat up spd. Lots of turn and still some lss.

I took it out of the bag and left it alone for a while and just stuck new giants in the bag since then. I recently took it back out to throw for a flippy giant spot and now it doesnt flip as easy anymore -__-

Idkwtf is wrong with it
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Jeronimo » Fri May 03, 2013 11:36 am

What Booter described JUST happened to me too. Used to be a pig, last two rounds this week it became a Katana...
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby discspeed » Fri May 03, 2013 5:12 pm

I don't like this talk...my VIP has been my favorite headwind D driver in years. I haven't put a hard hit on it yet...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Booter » Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Ive not had this happen with any other giants both tp and vip. It just so happened to be that one vip that had a dip in the flight plate.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby zeike524 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:27 am

I have pounded the crap out of my VIP giant over the past few months and still flies like the day i bought it.
zeike524
Noob

Postby cjc » Tue May 07, 2013 6:33 pm

I had the same experiences with my TP Giants. They were great for about 2 months and then they lost almost all of their overstability.
Last edited by cjc on Wed May 08, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
cjc
Noob

Favorite Disc: champ max

Postby zeike524 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:34 am

I will see how long it takes my giant then. Good thing the DD store is down the street so i can get more anytime i need.
zeike524
Noob

Postby biggietalls35 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:58 am

Has anyone thrown the VIP air giant?
biggietalls35
Noob

Favorite Disc: innova teebird

Postby mejlholm » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:37 am

Can definitely recognize the thing with loosing some of the stability. The thing is that these discs wear in pretty nicely. I've now got a good setup with giants that are between stable and brutally overstable. I've got swords for flipping, but they may also be replaced with the giants sometime in the future if they keep wearing in.
PDGA | Bag | Drives

Wizard | Roc | Eagle-X | Sword | Giant
mejlholm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby JR » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:37 am

How do worn Giants and new Swords compare in distance, power requirement, HSS and LSS?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby mejlholm » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:43 am

Giants are slightly shorter in distance, requires more power, but keep more HSS than a new Sword. LSS seems to be less than new - but probably around the LSS of a Sword (haven't looked at that specifically).
PDGA | Bag | Drives

Wizard | Roc | Eagle-X | Sword | Giant
mejlholm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby JR » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Sounds useful.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment