MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Postby dgdave » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm

I won a soft eclipse ion at my last event. The core is raise about a 1/16 incorrect slightly more over the overmold. Kinda weird. Its got a lot more turn than any other ion I've thrown minus the 1st production runs. Kinda bummed, bit it'll make a good disc for my son
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby jubuttib » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 pm

dgdave wrote:I won a soft eclipse ion at my last event. The core is raise about a 1/16 incorrect slightly more over the overmold. Kinda weird. Its got a lot more turn than any other ion I've thrown minus the 1st production runs. Kinda bummed, bit it'll make a good disc for my son
Woah, a new understable ION? Man, I wish I could find those. =(

I love my blue and orange soft IONs with the overmold down low, but don't really dare play with them that much (especially on our course), because I don't want to lose them. Being able to get something akin to them new would be pretty great.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Steve » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:00 am

mvp tensor = overstable mid
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Leopard » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Leopard wrote:Ha, Nano's not an April Fools' joke. I believe the news they've got for the fans is so freaking exciting that any speculation anxiety around the Nano will seem delightfully insignificant. Read this again in a few days, and then again later, and accept my apologies for being a vague little girl about it. Back to work!

Now's a good time to quote this.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby jubuttib » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:07 pm

Steve wrote:mvp tensor = overstable mid
Are the new Vectors that neutral or why would you need a more overstable mid?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby sunspot » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 pm

We got trolled.

I'm excited about their distance driver.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby discspeed » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 am

jubuttib wrote:
Are the new Vectors that neutral or why would you need a more overstable mid?

I'm really preferring the N Vectors over the Protons, and they are certainly more neutral. Either way, if you throw most Vectors flat and as hard as they want to be thrown they fly straight with a late fade.

I'm reserving judgement until I get the Tensor in the hand. Not a big fan of overstable mids, but to be honest there aren't a whole lot of good ones out there between the Roc family and it's clones and the ridiculous (Drone, Demon, most Gators).
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 am

Is it just me or did the profile look like it was in the Zone family? Never thrown a zone so I'm not 100% sure, but that was what I was thinking when I saw it.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby discspeed » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Crosseyed0811 wrote:Is it just me or did the profile look like it was in the Zone family? Never thrown a zone so I'm not 100% sure, but that was what I was thinking when I saw it.

Here's a good illustration. Sort of Zonish, but large diameter with a little better aerodynamics.
discspeed

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 pm

discspeed wrote:I'm really preferring the N Vectors over the Protons, and they are certainly more neutral. Either way, if you throw most Vectors flat and as hard as they want to be thrown they fly straight with a late fade.
Sounds like a slightly straighter flat orange FR Vector. The only Vectors I've put in my bag so far have been the domey FR ones, which were quite severely overstable. I do have a pink N Vector though and I'm eager to get to give it a go. =)
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby discspeed » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Forgot to mention in my post above the pics are of the Tensor and Vector.
discspeed

Postby jubuttib » Sun May 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Got my first round and some fieldwork in with the Tensor and Tangent, and I have to say I'm really pleasantly surprised. Especially the Tangent seemed like a fantastic disc, it looks like a large diameter Anode with an Ion bead, and flies like a putter the size of a mid. A tiny turn when thrown hard, after that it just holds and holds. It's almost good enough to go into the bag, kinda a shame the D-MD2 already exists...

The Tensor also feels and flies really nice, I had to get a light one (they didn't have heavy pinks) but it can take a rip without any problems, and has a nice, relentless kind of fade, but a very smooth one. It really likes flying on flex lines, and when thrown flat will always fade consistently. Wasn't expecting to like it this much. Still need more work with both of them, but initial impressions are very favorable.

Just a shame the drivers are so iffy, the Volt does about what I expected (basically it flies like my DGR S-FD), the Shock I got is just pointless (more turn and more fade than the Volt, but the fade comes in really late so this one is more prone to turning and burning than the Volt), and since the Volt and the Shock are this understable already the Amp really isn't exciting me at all. Still, gotta catch 'em all...

Still need to find a pink Amp and a pink Nano (got a blue one, the best flying and easiest to throw non-meathook mini I've ever tried) and then I'll have the whole set. Also been eyeballing the 2nd run Shocks, I understand they should be more overstable, so probably more useful as well. If that panned out I'd have a pretty workable pink Neutron bag, I love both of the putters and could probably cover almost any mid shot with a Tensor, Vector and Tangent, and with a straight to overstable Shock I could also handle quite a few driver shots as well...
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Wed May 15, 2013 8:43 pm

I have only a few throws with the Tangent and i played on an unfamiliar course without distance markings so i have no idea about the distance. I could not develop turn on a wet grassy course so i have no idea about what it will do on a full power throw. The fade came in superbly late and being very mild. It seems like a straighter Z Buzz fade wise neither turning on me or a slower non flipping probably shorter Coyote considering the glide is not better with the Tangent -not a lot less either at 176.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Stringbean » Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I picked up a black 168g Eclipse Volt and a red 172 Eclipse Tangent. The Volt was extremely understable... DX Leopard type of stability. The Tangent is nice, didn't get to throw it much but seemed similar to my QMS, possibly a bit more understable.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby sunspot » Thu May 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Stringbean wrote:I picked up a black 168g Eclipse Volt and a red 172 Eclipse Tangent. The Volt was extremely understable... DX Leopard type of stability. The Tangent is nice, didn't get to throw it much but seemed similar to my QMS, possibly a bit more understable.

The Volt is overrated and overhyped. It is not near as good as people make it out to be.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment