new - Ducky Disc Golf Scorecards - iPhone App

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

new - Ducky Disc Golf Scorecards - iPhone App

Postby dustinkirk » Wed May 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Actually, two years ago I posted my first attempt at making a scorecard app and I received some great feedback.

Two years later, I'm now announcing a major overhaul...

I've pretty much taken all of the feature requests over the past two years and designed a new app around them. It is clean and simple, yet allows you to record as much detail about your game play or practice sessions as you would like.

Over the past few months I've been heads down nights and weekends trying to get this ready before Memorial Day weekend. I'm really happy with where it is at...

- Support for unlimited players and custom course lengths
- Record throw level details such as penalties, flight path, and disc angle
- GPS integration for distance measurements
- Note taking
- Several sharing options
- Disc Inventory
- etc.. (see the full feature list on the Apple App Store)

Ducky Disc Golf Scorecards Website: http://turboducky.com/ducky_disc_golf_scorecards.html

There is still plenty of things to do and up next is statistics and reports. I would like to invite you to check out the app and let me know what you think. Next week I'll be posting some free promo codes to the forum to celebrate the official launch of Ducky Disc Golf Scorecards.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dustinkirk
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rock

Re: new - Ducky Disc Golf Scorecards - iPhone App

Postby PMantle » Thu May 23, 2013 6:26 am

Looks cool. I have few options on windows phone.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby bcr123psu » Thu May 23, 2013 10:46 am

Does the user have to enter their disc inventory and figure out the disc stabilities, flight paths, etc?
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby dustinkirk » Thu May 23, 2013 11:08 am

bcr123psu wrote:Does the user have to enter their disc inventory and figure out the disc stabilities, flight paths, etc?

Currently Yes. This disc information is typically available from each disc's manufacturer although they often use propietary ways of describing disc properties (I've tried to unify them as best I could). While I haven't gotten to it yet, one of the items on my to-do list is the ablility to have this information auto-filled after selecting the manufacturer and disc name.

I first wanted to get all of the data input aspects completed and get the app really stable. Currently I am working on the statistics and reporting features for the app. After that will come online backups, followed by auto-filling data for Discs and Courses. It takes a lot of time to implement, but my goal is to have these items completed by September.

-d- Dustin
dustinkirk
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rock

Return to General Discussion