pure(ly) awesome

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri May 03, 2013 8:16 pm

The two I picked up are not Zero Hard after all (bummer), but they did feel really good in the hand. The flight plate had some sentence on it explaining the grip that had the word "Zero", however, they were tagged as EZE on the sticker.

They do feel good, but they aren't as stiff as I would like. If these turn out to be no good for putting, I'll probably reserve them to get beaten into understable driving putters next to my Opto Pure and my Champ Rhyno.
Last edited by Fightingthetide on Sat May 04, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sat May 04, 2013 4:07 am

Fightingthetide wrote:
JR wrote:Zero Hard is slickish and EZE is quite tacky for a plastic disc but nowhere near as tacky as the softs which are somewhat floppy unlike EZE and certainly far away from the plate like Zero hard. Zero hard? Mucho hard.

So they really are that hard and slick?

I called my local store to see if the 2 that I ordered arrived today, and they did. I had them check, and they just said they were Zero, but didn't say that they were Zero Hard. I have a feeling they didn't specify which kind of Zero when they ordered (grumble). I'll see how they feel in the hand.

Zero hard is softer and tackier than medium Wizards but not by too much for most loving stiff discs. Frankly if you prefer harder discs you prefer flexibility rating illegal discs so good luck with that. For a non premium plastic Zero hard comes impressively close to Champ/Z of the stiffest kinds when it comes to resisting bending done with the hands. They do not hold up against hits though think of good DX or soft Pro.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

pure(ly) awesome

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 am

Good to know. I'm heading out soon to give them a trial on the course.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby DiscSniper » Mon May 27, 2013 8:50 am

Handled both the Zero Hard and Zero Soft Pure's at a shop the other day. What a disappointing experience. The Hard is way too hard for my liking and doesn't have the grippy texture of EZE and the Softs are WAY too soft... Almost floppy. And, the one I handled was warped/bent. The Hard also had terrible flashing on it that would definitely require clean up. Why must they drop popular plastics that people like and bring out this new stuff? I'm sure eventually they'll drop these two plastic blends as well and irritate someone else who is trying to save up some putters for practice and consistent backups...

That being said, I'm now in the market for new/lightly used EZE Pures. Anybody got 'em and wanna get rid of 'em?
DiscSniper
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle 150 class

Postby jubuttib » Tue May 28, 2013 2:40 am

DiscSniper wrote:Why must they drop popular plastics that people like and bring out this new stuff?
Molding issues.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

pure(ly) awesome

Postby DiscSniper » Tue May 28, 2013 1:32 pm

jubuttib wrote:Molding issues.

Elaborate? I was perfectly happy with the molds in EZE. I guess this same combo was had when they discontinued Zero too...
DiscSniper
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 pm

DiscSniper wrote:
jubuttib wrote:Molding issues.

Elaborate? I was perfectly happy with the molds in EZE. I guess this same combo was had when they discontinued Zero too...
From their web page:
There has been some experimenting on our plastics during 2012 as some of you might have noticed. Our putter plastic Zero Line was replaced by Eze Line early in the year. The reason for this was mainly to be able to produce drivers and midranges in the same material we use for putters. Looking back at the season that is now ending, we have decided to go back to Zero Line because we were not satisfied with the final results. In 2013 we will offer Zero line putters in two degrees of stiffness, Zero Hard and Zero Soft. This is something we did in our early history and have received requests to do again.
I'm guessing too many x-outs.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Rumor is EZE plastic did not retain grippyness as it wears.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby zeike524 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:11 am

Yeah, i have a new and used EZE pure and they def. loose some tack over time. Mine isn't slick but does not feel the same as before.
zeike524
Noob

Postby zeike524 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:14 am

Speaking of OOP plastic who has some grip line pures they would be willing to part with?
zeike524
Noob

pure(ly) awesome

Postby DiscSniper » Wed May 29, 2013 6:25 am

EZE might lose some tack, but these two new Zero line putters are no good for me. One is too hard and slick, one is too floppy and soft.
DiscSniper
Noob

Postby keltik » Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 am

zeike524 wrote:Speaking of OOP plastic who has some grip line pures they would be willing to part with?

I'll sell mine for £100 each (that's GBP not USD). :twisted:

EZE Pures start off slick feeling. you have to give them some love before they gain tactility.

I now am very interested in these ZH Pures.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby zeike524 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:14 am

I already have a guy selling for 20-30 USD i just want moar
zeike524
Noob

pure(ly) awesome

Postby DiscSniper » Wed May 29, 2013 3:47 pm

That's insane. I love the pure, but I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of money for a couple of putters.

It makes me want to switch to a more mainstream brand like discraft that I know I can rely on to produce a consistent product from year to year.

Wizards are the same way. I can order a SSS that shows up hard as a rock and the next one comes nice and grippy.
DiscSniper
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

DiscSniper wrote:It makes me want to switch to a more mainstream brand like discraft that I know I can rely on to produce a consistent product from year to year.
HAH!
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment