Hey Texans...

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Hey Texans...

Postby zj1002 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 pm

The distribution center is not open to the public and also not located at the store location. The store inventory is its own thing, you won't ever see it online.

We do have in-store pickup available online, thats about as close as you get to the DC inventory :D
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Hitting Windwood Presbyterian in about 30 mins. Look for the guy that looks out of place with the jet black Grip bag if you want to join up! =D
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby dgdave » Tue May 28, 2013 7:02 pm

You should come to central OK
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 28, 2013 9:31 pm

I would love to. I'll check if my company has a facility around there :)
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Many thanks to the DiscNation crew: Zam (thanks for the love letter o.O), Zj, Jeff, and Shannon for a warm welcome and some good fun on the Austin disc golf scene. Zj is a hell of a shooter, but considering the caliber of courses he's surrounded by that's no surprise! The driving range at DiscNation is nothing short of incredible. Every site that sells discs should imitate DN in this regard. Test before you buy?? YES PLEASE.

Ended up playing Roy G and Circle C in Austin. Roy G was beautiful but very long and not quite as dynamic as I would have liked. It definitely deserves at least a 4/5. Circle C was nothing shy of amazing. I absolutely loved that course. Solid 4.5/5, maybe damn near 5/5. Houston scene was meh, not bad but not amazing. I could live with it but given the choice I'd take Austin hands down anyday. Managed to sneak up to Shawshank while I was down there too. Played a full 23 hole round with the owner Mr. Du Frane. He's a riot, and a damn magician when it comes to throwing rollers. That course... Wow. Beautiful, brutal, dynamic, but simple. He'll tell you straight up he designed the course to make you use every shot in the game, and he's not lying. Don't believe me? Call him up and have him play a round with you. The guys a disc golf madman, in the best way imaginable. He'll deuce holes you'll 4, just because you don't look at the shot the right way. Loved it.

One thing I can tell you with absolute certainty though is I will never scoff at someone again when they say they are having trouble gripping plastics. I've never had so much sweat on my hands during a round before. Everything about my normal pull was off due to grip, and it was severely frustrating. I could see playing down there in the winter, but forget about summer, I'm just not equipped for that climate! Also, when they warn you to carry water on the Texas courses, TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. I must have gone through a gallon without any urge to urinate all afternoon. All in all, a great trip. Very glad I was able to make it down.

P.S. Humidity sucks!
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Leopard » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself in Texas!
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Right back at ya Zam.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:11 am

Nice playing with ya man. Glad you enjoyed the shop and courses. The next day the temps hit 99. Be glad you left before that heat.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:53 pm

zj1002 wrote:Nice playing with ya man. Glad you enjoyed the shop and courses. The next day the temps hit 99. Be glad you left before that heat.

Trust me, I am. You pygmies can keep your jungle heat. That shit was crazy, after I finished Shawshank my shirt was drenched in sweat alone. I had to wring it out! I must of stank on the return flight that afternoon o.O

Oh and, I want a rematch Zj :twisted:
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby zj1002 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:21 am

Hah you can get a rematch. I didn't play so great either. Had way to many 25-35ft putts with weird/bad lines to the basket all day. But made the comebacks!

It was frustrating to have putts at the circle on almost every birdie hole but only come out with 2 birdies. Good ole texas terrain
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Go hit Shawshank some weekend afternoon man. You won't regret it. See if you can get the owner to play with you though, it'll be 2x as entertaining. Plus he's got some sick roller shots that will open your eyes.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby zj1002 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Yeah I want to go check it out. I hear its a blast. I have a lot of buddies I play with here at Texas State that are from Houston and play out there a lot with the owner
zj1002
metroid cannon

Previous

Return to General Discussion