BV finally has a bag for 2013...

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

BV finally has a bag for 2013...

Postby victorb » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:33 pm

mainly since I haven't played almost at all this year. I did actually get to play in my first tournament last weekend, so it's kind of the official start of the season for me. I may get to play in one or two more, depending on the status of my knee, and my powerlifting training schedule.

Drivers
175 Fuzion Trespass
173 Lucid Trespass
175 cPD
175 sPD, new
175 sPD, worn
175 pPD, newish - breaking this one in to flippy status
175 pPD, new - to keep a fresh one on hand
175 cFD, newish - this disc may make a worn pPD obsolete
175 sFD, worn - low power straight shots, rollers, long turnovers that won't fade back
174 z Predator, new - it's the beef
I need to add something like a Opto Villan to the bag for a max distance disc that won't flip as hard as the trespass into a stiff wind.

Midrange
17x x Comet, super beat
174 z Comet, beat
178 glow z comet, new
173 goldline Mace, for harder midrange drives
175 champ gator, for FH approaches and short spike hyzers - want to try the DD Truth when it comes out here

Putters
note: I'm going to get some hard classic Judges for putting soon hopefully
175 dyemax fuzion judge
175 classic soft judge, throwing putter, beat in for turnover shots
173 classic soft judges x2, putting only
176 medium summit, for forehand turnover/anhyzer putts/approaches. will use a judge when I get one beat in enough
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: BV finally has a bag for 2013...

Postby JR » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:05 am

Max D and overstable are mutually exclusive but for power throwers Z Forces are pretty good and early Quasars too. For insanity Quasar OS and the slower shorter Spirit might deal with anything but a tornado so Westside Giant might be a more sane at least longer option among the beefier than Force discs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby victorb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 am

The GL Giant and the Z Force are contenders for this slot. I know they aren't 'max D' per say, but for getting more distance than a control overstable driver these would be great. I'm a little hesitant to go back with anything Millenium after how many changes they made to the QOLF from 1.1-1.3 runs, so I doubt I'll even consider the Quasar. I might still give the villain a chance, but I've heard it compared to a TeeRex and I'm not sure that's quite what I'm looking for.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:01 am

What are your average ranges for the Trespass and the PD? I've been throwing an SPD and PPD and love both of them.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby victorb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:18 am

When I'm 100% I can get the trespass out to 425' (did so several times last weekend at least even, and I don't have my legs under me all the way yet), and sPDs consistently in the 385' range. pPDs I use more as a fairway distance and don't go much over 350' or so unless the wind if favorable.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:41 pm

I get similar, if not slightly shorter ranges out of my PDs, maybe I should check out the Trespass for some extra D.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:09 am

The initial batch had different quasars but forces are good. And the longest hard headwind handling discs i have thrown.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion