PMantle's bag is set

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

PMantle's bag is set

Postby PMantle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:55 am

Haha, who am I kidding. I love buying new discs. Anyway, current bag is looking like this:

Drivers:

Esp Avenger - utility and forehand
Blizz Destroyer - open hole max distance
Champion Tern - Into wind distance
Star Tern - dead wind or slightly understable distance
Champion Mamba - long range left to right drives(I suck at forehand)

Fdrivers:
Z Tracker - overstable lines and some wood shots - get out of trouble
Champion T-Bird - somewhat overlaps with the Tracker, but I can throw it longer
Neutron Amp - understable
Champion Leo - straight woods shots

Mids:

S Sentinel - overstable woods and upshots
Z Buzzz - almost never throw it. I just don't see staright lines
ESP Meteor - L to R shorter shots and drives in the woods. Understable approaches

Putters

Classic Judge - used like a mid
Wedge - used like the Meteor but shorter
Cryztal Zone - skips and hard R to L upshots
Soft Magnet - all putts

Discs that sometimes make the bag:
Q-Scorp
Pro Destro
Astra
Wildcat
Ch. Beast
Star TL
Pro Dart
Soft Judge
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: PMantle's bag is set

Postby Flipflat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:08 am

What's your max distance/power?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby PMantle » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:25 am

Flipflat wrote:What's your max distance/power?

Max would be 350ish with that Blizz Destro.
We have a 344' hole that requires a small bit of R to L fade that I've reached a few times with the two Terns.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Stringbean » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:48 pm

You should try out a Vibram Summit. You might like it better than the Wedge. Easier to range and nice putting putter to boot.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby JR » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:51 am

As a putting putter i prefer XD and Spike to the Wedge and the Summit and the roughly as badly blowing by Dart. The difference is the shape and all of those are thin except the Dart is tall. The APX is normal in size and it flies better than all of those in calm weather and worse in the wind. Rattler is the tallest of them all and takes a hair more wind than the APX but not even medium winds. Ion and Anode are nice when not wet or cold. Which is why i prefer the roughly similar to 160s Anode, Rattler, straightest lighter Ions and Anodes flying soft x Banger GT. It might appear tall until you sink the thumb into the groove and boom it became thinner to grip and the forearm muscles became looser and the putts snappier and more accurate. And the soft X material works well for putting durability while being nicely grippy even in below freezing temps and a little grippy when wet. There are rubber Rattlers that are tackier but it does not help the wind performance or those people that have issues with the tallness like me. I would seriously recommend the soft X Banger GT to everyone. I bought a backup yesterday because i also drive with it even on my rocky home course and that spells nicks on the soft material. In driving the flip is a couple of degrees on harder drives.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 am

I must understand thin and/tall. My Dart is the thinnest putter I've ever seen. Use to carry it for longer putts and ups. Decided to try all putts with one putter, the Judge is the best approach disc I've ever used.

Still want to try a soft anode.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 pm

I only have a soft Judge so i don't know how the others work and i liked the soft when new but it lost HSS soon with drives. It seems like a very promising mold but it also seems to overlap with many older good discs like the Sole as an example. The Dart is thin in the wing and tall indeed in the middle of the flight plate which is no biggie for those with large palms and a hassle for the rest. The XD and the Wedge are much thinner in the center than the Dart. Judge falls in the middle of the pack height wise.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby PMantle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Tall in the middle? Is that the same as dome? I guess I am just not following.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Exactly that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Stringbean » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:17 pm

I like the feel of thin putters and hate domey putters. I guess that is why I do so well with the Summit. Thin rim and pancake flat. I prefer the medium to the firm. Have never thrown soft. Firm would be money if it had more grip but it slips out of my hands too much. Is it legal to apply a pine tar like substance to a disc?

Because my sidearm is so bad, I use it a lot for upshots and drives that need to finish right. I threw some real nice hyzer-flip turnovers on Friday night with it.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby PMantle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:31 pm

I don't notice that in the hand. I wish I could find a speed 1 Judge though.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby PMantle » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Traded for an Anode right before my round. Put it in play. While better for me than my Ion, I just don't think I can putt with Proton. That stuff's as slick as otter snot. Really did not need what I traded anyway.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:32 am

If blowing to the finger tips does not give enough tackiness to the grip you could lick the fingers like some do but that probably explodes health risks so i'd carry a water bottle and pour some on a rag, towel, soldering station mat, whatever and touch it before the throw and rub the fingers together to get the best possible grip by drying out the excess slickness. Using more moisture than is available from just blowing on the fingers gives more grip. Which reminds me to bring Ions and Anodes out for a test with that tip i got at Avery's clinic. BTW if you don't mind hurting the disc (at least if it ain't primo) you could moisten the fingers and rub it in dirt=sand paper fingers and scratches on the disc with immense grip. I mean you will not believe how tight the grip is. It scratched firm X Link. IIRC i also tried it Champ for almost as much scratching. Too bad Champ powdered and airborne is probably very carcinogenic. At least in the non molten state polyurethane is reported to be very dangerous from what i've read.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby PMantle » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:31 am

It's mostly my thumb. I wonder if I could sand a rough spot for thumb placement?
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 pm

That would happen automatically soon if you spat on the thumb and picked up larger grained sand with it and gripped hard and tossed the disc. What happens if you put the thumb in a position like Avery does almost vertically down above the flight plate?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion