What plastic is a disc made of..?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What plastic is a disc made of..?

Postby luma » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:48 am

As the question says, I'm pretty curious about what type of plastic a golf disc is. (As you know there are many different types...)
Maybe it's a question to the material experts out there...I would imagine the exact mixture is a pretty well kept secret by the respective disc golf company, but maybe someone knows just the plastic type without any additives...
I'm just a little too busy at the moment to do an analysis of the plastic at my university, so that's why I'm asking :)
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Re: What plastic is a disc made of..?

Postby JR » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 am

This thread came up last year i think. DuPont materials have been used and Discraft Z is BASF Elastollan series TPU. Champ is TPU too and so should be Opto. Hytrel is Pro and Star is a Hytrel TPU mix. Was base plastic polyethylene? Vibrams are mostly rubber and some Rattlers are too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby luma » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Damn you're a walking library :D is there anything you DON'T know about disc golf? Thanks very much :)

ps: I played with some Finnish guys a week ago at the Berlin Open, they were some nice guys :)
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:13 am

cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion