Beginner / Sidearm Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Beginner / Sidearm Bag

Postby JR » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:36 am

PD is a power driver by name for good reason. It takes winds but is not the longest disc especially at your power. Valk 150 Champ is longer at your power and other lighter discs like 150 Orion LF or 150 Avenger (not SS regular is my recommendation because i have not thrown SSs in other than FLX and it sux) should work too. Roardrunners could work in light weights too and light Beasts might be too power hungry unless the new Blizzard in super light weights has hit the stores. When i say light Roadrunner i mean mid 160s not Starlite 13x which seemed to be too understable even for 13-14 year olds that i loaned mine to. And then gave away as too flippy.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby MrSpeedyB » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 pm

JR wrote:PD is a power driver by name for good reason. It takes winds but is not the longest disc especially at your power. Valk 150 Champ is longer at your power and other lighter discs like 150 Orion LF or 150 Avenger (not SS regular is my recommendation because i have not thrown SSs in other than FLX and it sux) should work too.

Thanks JR!

When I was on a 150g kick, I was throwing DX Leopard/TeeBird/Banshee and it was a good combo. Just had a hard time switching between the 150g drivers and the 167g mids, which seemed to screw-up my timing.

So, I switched my drivers to the 167g range. I still have a 149g StarLite Valkyrie (domey) in my bag, and when I get the release right, it IS still my longest disc. Only problem is that it's screwing with my timing and release with my other, heavier discs.

Now that I'm all in the 167-168g range, I could really play rounds with just my Star Leopard & Champ TeeBird.

But I wanted another, faster disc as either a "utility" disc (thumbers, crazy meathook overstable shots, headwind) or a "wide open max D" disc.

With that background, would a 167g S-PD fit the "utility" role OK—or should I go with the 167g S Valkyrie for a hybrid max D/utility disc, OR stay with the 149g StarLite Valkyrie and just use it for wide open, max D shots? Also happy to settle on a combo of these three, if they all have a good purpose!
MrSpeedyB
Noob

Postby JR » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 pm

While the PD s-curves for more distance nicely when given power the name Power Driver means something. At 150 it would be a much more usable disc otherwise it will be too overstable think of a headwind driver most likely.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion