Gateway rocks!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Gateway rocks!

Postby REV » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:36 pm

ok, my first post and i figured this would be a good one.

let me start by saying im a fairly new player, and while i dont know much i know what i like to throw.

anyway, i know Gateway makes some great discs, but i recently found out how great they are as a company too.

over a month ago, i was in Florida on a business trip, occasionally playing some frolf (as my friend, who got me into this, calls it) when i had some down time. i got a call from my fiancee that she was going into labor WAY too early and didnt know what to do, so i did what any guy would and got on my bike (KLR) and hauled ass back home. well, thankfully it was a false alarm, but in the process i got 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my arms from the 8 hour ride home. i ended up having to go to the hospital for the burns and dehydration! top it all off, when i got home my dog had apparently gotten a hold of my disc bag and DESTROYED all my discs, the bag and even my towel! now, the setup wasnt much to write home about, mostly stuff i could pick up at sporting goods stores from time to time (ie: innova and discraft, a few others) but they were all I had!

while i was in the hospital, i talked to the doc as he was suggesting light physical therapy to keep the skin and muscles from getting "tight" and i asked how long before i could play DG again. he told me that as long as i wasnt trying to kill drives, then i should be ok to start playing when i felt up to it (apparently, he was a golfer too). after i got home from the hospital, i was unfortunately let go because i left in the middle of a big meeting without warning.

whew. ok, now onto Gateway. my GF felt so bad she had contacted gateway and 2 other companies to see if there was anything they could do to help get me back playing. from what im told, Gateway was the only company that responded at all, and i am now the proud owner of (i think) every disc that Gateway makes!!!! now to get me a bag and ill be back on the trails in no time

i cant NOT thank them enough for their generosity, not to mention how awesome these discs are to throw! im not hitting chains yet, but 55 gallon trash cans FEAR ME
Give a man fire and he's warm for the night
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
REV
Noob

Favorite Disc: gateway. any

Re: Gateway rocks!

Postby PMantle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:37 pm

Man, what a great deal. Get out there and throw. The net needs more Gateway reviews. I never see much other than Wizard and Magic talk.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby REV » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:45 pm

working on that now. gotta say tho, those 2 are amazing...
Give a man fire and he's warm for the night
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life
REV
Noob

Favorite Disc: gateway. any

Postby Steve » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:00 am

From someone who has had third degree burns, good luck on your recovery.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby JR » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Welcome and cool story but too bad about your personal life. It sounds like just when you gained more disc golf time it is about to go away. I'd play to get some DG in reserve under the belt because when the baby comes it may take a while before you get to play. Beware of sun on burns.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion