Innova Atlas

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Innova Atlas

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 pm

Agricolae wrote:
7ontheline wrote: ... I think the inner rim might make for cleaner releases than MVP's curved early release design if that rivet doesn't slice a finger :P

I need another mid-range like I need a hole in the head, but do you think there's any chance that rivet thing might give a grip/pop/spin advantage? Namely, by tucking the tip of the rip finger in behind it? I wonder. One, or two, throws would tell the story, I think.

I was thinking the same thing except the tip of the index IN the depression of the rivet.

andrew wrote:This is sure to add to the DGCR Makes Me Bang My Head Against the Wall thread...

Some folks are really sensitive, funny how all can dish it out but some aren't so good on taking it. I'm going to predict 500 post before someone actually throws the sucker and has a review.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby keltik » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:24 am

andrew wrote:This is sure to add to the DGCR Makes Me Bang My Head Against the Wall thread...

the thread for this over there has absolutely exploded...
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Spinthrift » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 am

keltik wrote:

the thread for this over there has absolutely exploded...

. . .with vehement ignorance. Not even any entertainment value.
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby Stringbean » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:55 am

It will be interesting to see how far Innova takes this. They could potentially have a whole line of two-piece discs. Not sure if they have the capacity to produce that many molds along with the current line.

I wonder if they could do a blizzard flight plate along with the overmold rim. Don't know if the rivet thing would hold with bubbles in the flight plate.

I like the flight of the tangent but it is really hard to get forward thumb pressure in neutron plastic. Looking forward to trying one of these out.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby discspeed » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Innova has spies everywhere trying to procure the gyro secret formula....
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Leopard » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:59 pm

discspeed wrote:Innova has spies everywhere trying to procure the gyro secret formula....

SHOOT THE GODDAMN ZOMBIE, CARL!!!!!
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby 7ontheline » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:10 pm

If those tourney winnings from this weekend are eating a hole in your wallet, you still have time to get in on the 10 japan open fundraisers from discgolfvalues auctions on ebay. With a little over a day left they currently range $50-$102 :roll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Release-10- ... 4856c85a0a
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JHern » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:18 pm

As we've already discussed, "gryo-technology" is bullshit. But the grip looks great, and the soft outer plastic probably also sticks to chains nicely. Still nice to see Innova actually working on the innovation end of the spectrum, instead of just turning out more cheap-looking plastic the old-fashioned way. Trouble is, everybody else is still producing better plastic than Innova in almost every category (even Lat64 is making better blizzard plastic), with the possible exception of the nice gummy Champ blend for which they altered the "3" molds. I'm not sure they're really going to out-perform MVP in this category.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby EL-KABONG! » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 am

I thought innova was the company that DIDN'T make discs that looked like toys.
EL-KABONG!
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: SWORD

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:40 pm

luma wrote:Problem with MVP is, that they are not that big of a company and can't put as much effort in product development and everything like bigger companies.
If what you mean by "product development" is "put products out", then yes. I think of it more as a deep focus on the products they make, and making sure they make the right, which MVP does better than pretty much any other company...
Stringbean wrote:That's probably how they got around MVP's pending patent. Wouldn't this cut down on the consistency problems related to PLH?
If anything I'd expect it to increase problems.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 pm

I need to film mine before throwing it and long days and poor sleep with almost cracking dry skin in the fingers in 59f is not ideal to say the least. It feels quite stiff and not surprisingly too slick in the middle now that a piece of soft rubber would provably slip out of my hand. I need to film mine because it is colored roughly in the colors of the finnish flag with eo stamp. It is a candidate for video project. It will be next week before i can theoretically recover to be able to throw it properly. Shape seems nice enough and it feels good in the hand. Sorry about the lack of real data.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:11 pm

Plus mold but not the worst slant and a tacky outer rim helps in gripping the disc. King cobraish flight in having hss standing up to wind low lss and a late fade with good glide. Takes some oat but in a sidewind it will glide wiiiide if the wind hits the bottom of the disc. I do not have distance references yet but it seemed like a long disc. For anything but headwinds off axis torque forgiveness and not going far this might be easier than the flat md2 c lines. A preliminary thumbs up for those who do not mind aesthetics of the joint between the plastics.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:39 am

I played 18 holes at Vihioja, Tampere yesterday in winds. It is a very gyroscopic disc that tends to push straight through hyzer or anny for a very long time. It will flex out of an anny late if there is any height so i'd say it performs much like a new Rancho Roc in LSS but more straight pushing when it is not flat. The Atlas seems to be faster and longer with similar glide and good HSS. It won't flip for me at full power. Something else is needed for quick sideways movements and the Atlas is great for straight flights with some user error tolerance. FH seemed to work too but it is not hard to get to wobble if you're not careful but still it won't flip hard even in a headwind.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:36 am

Is so very very pretty... Going to give this one a run for its money today. =)

Rest of the bag is overmold stuff too this time, I'm trying out a full MVP set just for kicks now that I finally got a good Volt. 2x textured Soft ION, smooth Soft ION, smooth Medium ION, Medium Eclipse ION, Medium Proton Anode, FR Proton Vector, Neutron Vector, Neutron Axis, Neutron Tangent, Neutron Tensor, 2x Neutron Volt, 2x Neutron Shock, 2x Neutron AMP, 2x Neutron Nano. Apart from the lack of distance drivers this actually feels like a decent bag. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby money 21 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:50 pm

i picked one of these up the other day and honestly i am not sure what i think of it. the one i got is 174 gray center red rim. the glide sucks but the accurracy is good. in other words it holds the line you put is on but only seem to get putter like distances. i really like it for up shots ine the 150'-200' distances. going to spend more time with the disc as i don't have any tourneys for a while.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment