What Discraft plastic is Photon-Glo most like?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What Discraft plastic is Photon-Glo most like?

Postby MrTasses » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:46 pm

I have a Photon-Glo Buzzz and love the way it flies, but eventually it will become too beaten or lost. When I buy a back-up/replacement, I am curious how Photon-Glo compares to the other Discraft plastics. Does Photon fly and feel like pro-D? How does Photon wear compared to comparable Discraft plastic? I don't need the disc to glow because I have switched to bobber lights for any night rounds so if Photon flies and wears like pro-D plastic, I could save $3 a disc.

It might be useful to point out that I have Z plastic of the same disc (in this case the Buzzz) and do like it, but the Photon-Glo has a straighter and more predictable flight for me.
MrTasses
Tree Magnet

Well....

Postby Woodchuck » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:52 pm

Well Mrtasses, I really don't know just wanted to say hello.
Woodchuck
Noob

Postby roadkill » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:52 pm

I really like discraft's glow plastic. I'm not talking about it's glow properties, I'm talking about feel and flight. Two of the most controllable discs I've owned were discraft glow ( glow XL and photon wasp).

I'd say they're similar to D plastic but slightly more stable and slightly more durable. I prefer the glow plastic feel over candy.

It's a preference thing. For me the glow plastic's feel is preferable to the durability of Z. But the Z plastic will last longer.

I'd rather have a comfortable and controllable disc and replace it once or twice a year than have a disc hold up for 5 years but never feel right.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 pm

beat up a heavier x buzzz, its the buzzz that was the straightest for me.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:37 pm

My beat up 1st run Z Buzzz was a dart. flip it up from a hyzer and it would go straight forever. If turned, it would hold that gentle annie curve without progressing. Get a Z-buzzz, and throw it constantly, airshots, rollers, upslide-downs, tomahawks. Soon enough it will be gold.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pagan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:58 pm

I have two Photon Glo discs; a fairly new Talon, and a beat Wasp. the glo material has the grip and flight of a Pro-line D but a bit more durable. I'd say try a pro-line D in heavy weight.

Pagan
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Return to Equipment