pure(ly) awesome

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby zeike524 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:10 am

Really people go crazy over $70+ aviars all the time.
zeike524
Noob
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

pure(ly) awesome

Postby DiscSniper » Fri May 31, 2013 11:59 am

jubuttib wrote:
DiscSniper wrote:It makes me want to switch to a more mainstream brand like discraft that I know I can rely on to produce a consistent product from year to year.
HAH!


Ok, maybe I just think that's the case. I know nothing, I do this for fun...
DiscSniper
Noob
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:52 pm
Favorite Disc: Eagle 150 class

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby tjh0188 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Just bought two zero hard pures at 175. Love how straight they are! They are very flat so I am curious if this mold mutates into domier versions in opto and the recycled gold lines and what effects it has on flight. I'd like to putt with one, drive with one to break into more flippy and pick up a premium one to drive with that's closer to the way these fly right now.
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Favorite Disc: River

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby tjh0188 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Pics!
Image
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Favorite Disc: River

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby aerodriver » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:00 pm

tjh0188 wrote:Pics!
Image


They look glossy in the pic, how do they compare to the now discontinued EZE line? I have four Pures in that plastic and love it. Really chalky and consistent in the weather. My EZEs vary between orange and yellow as far as the flight plate shape goes, all my yellows are flat and my orange is domey. I have two zero soft Pures that are both flat.
Last edited by aerodriver on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Bellingham, MA
Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby vto » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:48 pm

tjh0188 wrote:Just bought two zero hard pures at 175. Love how straight they are! They are very flat so I am curious if this mold mutates into domier versions in opto and the recycled gold lines and what effects it has on flight. I'd like to putt with one, drive with one to break into more flippy and pick up a premium one to drive with that's closer to the way these fly right now.

Both Opto and RGL Pures have higher shoulder than Zero Pures, so they do feel a bit different, and they also fly more stable. The extra stability makes the Opto Pure a great driving putter, and I've read the RGL can be even more stable (and domier) than Opto, but I haven't thrown them personally. I personally use Optos for driving and the old Zero for putting, and I have one Zero Soft that's pretty nice for turnovers (it's quite warped :P).
Quasar, Nuke, Predator, Orion LF, Orion LS, Roc, Comet, Sinus AP, Pure
vto
Noob
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:42 am
Location: Oulu, Finland
Favorite Disc: Orion LF

pure(ly) awesome

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:12 pm

vto wrote:
tjh0188 wrote:Just bought two zero hard pures at 175. Love how straight they are! They are very flat so I am curious if this mold mutates into domier versions in opto and the recycled gold lines and what effects it has on flight. I'd like to putt with one, drive with one to break into more flippy and pick up a premium one to drive with that's closer to the way these fly right now.

Both Opto and RGL Pures have higher shoulder than Zero Pures, so they do feel a bit different, and they also fly more stable. The extra stability makes the Opto Pure a great driving putter, and I've read the RGL can be even more stable (and domier) than Opto, but I haven't thrown them personally. I personally use Optos for driving and the old Zero for putting, and I have one Zero Soft that's pretty nice for turnovers (it's quite warped :P).


I throw the exact same setup - Opto for straight drives, beat Zero for turnovers, and Zero for putts. I pair it with a slightly gummy, flat Champ Ryno for wind and forehand shots.

I'd also agree with the shoulders of Opto being higher than Zero. You hit the nail on the head.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby tjh0188 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:41 pm

aerodriver wrote:
tjh0188 wrote:Pics!

They look glossy in the pic, how do they compare to the now discontinued EZE line? I have four Pures in that plastic and love it. Really chalky and consistent in the weather. My EZEs vary between orange and yellow as far as the flight plate shape goes, all my yellows are flat and my orange is domey. I have two zero soft Pures that are both flat.


I have never felt an eze pure so i cannot compare to it, however they are a bit glossy to the eye but very rubbery feeling. seems to get small knicks fairly easily. maybe a tiny bit worse than SS wizards. I deflashed the red one the other night and took it out today. a tad bit closer to the turnover stability i like....
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Favorite Disc: River

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby PMantle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 pm

I got an Opto today. Used it in a small bag that had only one mid, so I was forced to use it for all short stuff. Wow. I can see this being my main approach disc. The only real adjustment I have to make is range. This thing just goes.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby aerodriver » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:09 pm

PMantle wrote:I got an Opto today. Used it in a small bag that had only one mid, so I was forced to use it for all short stuff. Wow. I can see this being my main approach disc. The only real adjustment I have to make is range. This thing just goes.


I drove my EZE Pure 250' on a hyzer line at my local course to put it within ten feet of the basket. It's very predictable on all lines and really doesn't mind extra power at all.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Bellingham, MA
Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby PMantle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:16 am

Amy reason I should not putt with opto? I did really well with it.
Pure and Zone may cover all my P&A duties.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:35 am

PMantle wrote:Amy reason I should not putt with opto? I did really well with it.
Pure and Zone may cover all my P&A duties.


Putting is a very personal thing... if it works for you go for it :) I just prefer the Zero Hard's feel for putting purposes.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby zeike524 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 am

Everyone and their dog puts with either a different putter or different plastic. Go with what feels right and works for you. I personally use grip line pure. Never met anyone else that does.
zeike524
Noob
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby PMantle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:20 am

I sure wish lat/west/DD was carried somewhere near here. I am going to Dallas in September. May have to plan ahead.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:35 am

Yeah, some people can't stand premium plastic when putting, but I've been rocking MVP for a few years now and can't say it's been a hindrance at all. The only reason to not use Opto would be if you couldn't grip it properly for putts. If it feels good then go for it.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests