Tell me about the lat 64 fury

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Tell me about the lat 64 fury

Postby punch » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Want to know what your opinions are on the fury. How far are you throwing with it? What shots you use it for? What plastic you like it in. I use champion plastic mostly due to the rough terrain I usually play in. Thanks.
Rhyno - Shark3 - Leopard - Teebird - Mamba
punch
Noob

Re: Tell me about the lat 64 fury

Postby PMantle » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:51 pm

Had mine less than a week, but it's already my calm to downwind main driver. Mine is opto, and while I don't really like Z or Ch. in drivers, I really am digging opto. May pick up a GL if the affair continues. Going to add some Escapes to the driver lineup in my speed 9 bag.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:05 pm

I hate it like I hate the roadrunner.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby discmonkey42 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Not a fan, mine just burns right. Not a form issue, just a super understable disc. I've heard reports of it working better for others, so maybe some run differences or I just have a freakishly flippy one.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby discmonkey42 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:40 pm

I picked up a max weight Opto version today at a tournament. Definitely not as flippy as the gl I originally bought. Thrown with a good amount of hyzer, it flips up flat and then tracks right quite a ways. The opto actually does come back at the end given enough height. It's just not a max power disc. I can see it being a good choice for lower power throwers or as a finesse disc. Don't think it will make the bag, I was really hoping for a longer leopard, and it's definitely not that. It reminds me of a beat sidewinder I had a long time ago.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby JR » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 pm

That sounds bad. I wonder what the normal stability of the Furies are because my only GL silver Fury can take a full power shot from me going to 400' flipping to flat from about 3-4 degrees of initial hyzer. Mine is a great disc except in the winds so less speed, distance HSS and LSS than a Beast which is on average 15'ish longer for me needing around the same but possibly a hair lower apex than the Fury. The PLH sshould not droop down low even though there is a little of it in mine. Mine has a decent dome.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:39 am

Mine is more stable than my Escape which is not what I wanted at all. Of course, this Escape is used. Maybe the one I have coming in will be more stable.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby logjammin » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Infinite discs gives the flight ratings as 9 7 -2 1
but Latitude64 rates it 9 6 -2 2 .

Does it depend on which type of plastic it is, or just on who is doing the rating?
logjammin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cheetah

Postby logjammin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:14 am

Interesting side note: I used to drive a 64 Fury (made by Plymouth) a long time ago. And I will probly be driving a Latitude 64 Fury soon.
logjammin
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:53 am

logjammin wrote:Infinite discs gives the flight ratings as 9 7 -2 1
but Latitude64 rates it 9 6 -2 2 .

Does it depend on which type of plastic it is, or just on who is doing the rating?

And do any ratings match the flight of any discs?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby logjammin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:52 am

Well dude, we just don't know.
logjammin
Noob

Postby rphancock1 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 pm

The first Fury I bought was unbelievably understable. Turned over faster and harder than the Underworld I use, and much more so than the River. I read lots of people talking about how it flies straight and holds an anny line.. Mine had to have a solid hyzer release to not turn into a roller. I thought maybe it was me, but I throw tons of under stable discs really cleanly and they all fly as expected.

So, after I lost it, I replaced it with three more out of curiosity.. A first run Opto, first run GL, and regular GL, all around the weight I'm used to, 170ish. All three fly very straight, with a slight under stable turn late in the flight, and a gentle fade back at the end. I guess the first one I bought was a mold consistency problem. New ones are great, very easy to make hold the turnover line on an anny, and will probably get pretty flippy with some beat in.
rphancock1
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:47 am

Welcome and thanks for the heads up. My GL silver Fury turns less than my Rivers and i certainly hope that the majority of Furies fly like mine and your new ones. How do your current discs differ in shape to your old one? Is the older one flatter and is the outer edge lower?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rphancock1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:46 am

Well, I'd love to answer that, but the old one is somewhere in the tall grass on hole 16 at Tyler State Park, haha. Although I do plan to look again next time I'm there.. It was useful as a hard right turning disc, though I like the new ones better. I think that the Opto plastic is a touch more stable as well, btw.

I had a similar situation with the two Rivers I have.. One is way more stable than the other, and it's also the one that's older and more beat in.. The newer one turned over when thrown flat immediately; felt just like an Underworld. The old beat in one still barely turns.
rphancock1
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:09 pm

I was hoping that you'd remember the shape differences. Latitude has a lot of shape thus flight path variation within the same mold.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Equipment