Big Course Lymonyte! criticize this if you're bored.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Big Course Lymonyte! criticize this if you're bored.

Postby limonsock » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:35 am

Idea for a summer bag from farthest fliers to shortest. Probably going to be a lot of overlap due to a strong desire to throw lots of different discs after a yearlong disc golf hiatus (due to there being way too many people in shanghai to be able to throw anywhere outside of an empty soccer field which i recently found) ; although i like to limit the bag to 12 or 13 discs.
Good drives for me hover around 400' with bosses/katanas.

*Blizz Boss: Haven't thrown it yet but supposed to go pretty far; should be in maybe section but i'm too excited about it
Champ Boss: distance with lots of movement which will end left. (star boss will be waiting at home too, who's gonna win!?)
Star Katana: lots of movement and can move right
_beat Pro Wraith: can i learn to bomb the hyper-flip/turn it right w/o it rolling? 150 Xcal instead?
Star Xcaliber: Far and Straight and far and straight and farther and straight and farther and left and farther and down
S-PD: not as far but more accurate and pretty darn far
_QOLF: Super fun in field testing, much less fade than PD. easier to throw pd? distance driver till i can throw far again?
_ORC: Flick bomber? Can it fly like a banshee but farther? Both I have are super OS. should really be in maybe section

*S-FD Can I enjoy a control driver? Does it hold a right turn w/o flipping?
DX banshee forehand control driver
*Star Banshee: Can this beat into as controllable as its DX brethren?

SG: MD1: Always come back to it. Does everything.
_ESP comet:2 seasons in and still not sure why i bought these, essentially trying to force myself into liking this disc.

WIZARD or 2

Key:
*haven't thrown yet but will be waiting for me
_could very well be a failed experiment although could very well be awesome

Maybes which mysteriously escaped this list although they were previously in the bag/seem interesting but seem unlikely due to the history of discs that i have enjoyed
-Eaglex: has never been great to me, but never been too disappointing either.replaced by QOLF?
-Ape: not too much testing due to similarity to boss, seems to be able to hold turn longer tho...
-ZNuke: bombity straight but feel crowded in the distance driver section Does what the xcal does easier/farther/less reliably. kinda fill the gap between what i want xcal and katana to do. which isnt that big of a gap. should i drop the nuke or both of those? current thinking is that those 2 can cover a wider range of shots than one 1 nuke
-150 class xcal: thinking this could become a go to turning super bomber. Put this with the nuke instead of heavy xcal/katana? can bosses handle all the overstable super bomb duties? Xcal is more reliable but not so far and PD can cover lots of those xcal shots.
-Light pro katana: thing can bomb w/o power therefore "more controlled" BUT I turn it over into a roll 70% of the time by mistake. It should probably be donated to a weaker thrower but i love its potential! also: sky roller?
_150 class CD. Looks like its got quite the nice turn followed by mild but reliable fade. Kinda seems like what I want the FD to be but didn't throw it until after ordering FD
- MIDS: going to go field test a bunch of mids soon. lots of 150 md1 testers and rocs; as well as some buzz's and 2 fav md1s
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Re: Big Course Lymonyte! criticize this if you're bored.

Postby limonsock » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:44 am

Blizzboss
Star boss
Champ boss
Star Katana
PD
Wraith?(ill buy a flow/sword if i see a perty one)

DX Banshee
Starbanshee: sounds interesting, haven't thrown yet tho
FD? got one waiting at home now i just need to be there with it!

SG md1
150 class md1s?
Mako? : it flew like a longer wizard in some test throws. is it longer enough to justify a spot in the bag tho? gotta try it on the course. i want something just like it that goes 20-40ft farther.

Wizard!
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Longer Mako=Coyote=win! Although the sparkle Z type plastic Squalls are pretty damn pimp too. The SG MD 1 is pretty much a Mako. What would you do with a 150 MD 1? The light weight is great for long distance out of jump putts and not much else unless you need a get out of trouble longish disc with only a few inches of arm movement available but not as much fade as the Blizzards have. Well Starlire Roady fades but not so much as the ones you carry and i still would not recommend it. 150 MD 1 is pretty damn flippy and glidey so high faaaar right gliding throws or rollers may be ok. D won't survive as a roller probably.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby limonsock » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:29 pm

I feel like my md1's are MUCH more overstable than the MakoI threw. I need to put some good power into them to go straight, and they really want to pull out of an anny line, while the mako just seemed to hold every line I tried. The coyote seems like an interesting option.
I was thnking the lighter weight md1s because i was recently given some 150class team disc mania ones and form field testing they seem like they can fly on super far turnover lines. Im pretty sure they're in p plastic, and they dont want to come back as much as my sg's (although they fly very different lines than the Mako from what i can tell).
limonsock
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 am

Yeah there is a small difference in the MD1s being more overstable than the Makos i have.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby limonsock » Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 am

PPD? sounds cool! Goal this summer is to learn more understable discs like the fd and some lower weight stuff maybe too.
Will a PPD overlap with an SFD?
limonsock
Noob

Postby JR » Wed May 22, 2013 11:19 pm

I don't know what the majority of S FDs are like because i had an overstable one and have seen very differently shaped ones. P PDs lately have been reported to be made in a softer quickly breaking in plastic then becoming close to the non overstable kind of S FDs. P PDs have been made flat and hard earlier and somewhat domey and soft and both can be broken in to maintain anny well.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby limonsock » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Distance Driver:
Dont know, just lost my new star boss and was loving it, now trying z-nuke, ape, champ boss, star katana.
Yikun Overstable

Drivers:
SPD: os'ish. CPD necessary?
SFD: straightish. Starting to end straight rather than fading. maybe still needs to meet some more trees. Thining of trying a CFD; do these go straight then fade?
Lucid renegade: understable and long

Mids
SG-MD1.one beat and one new for stable and overstable
Star comet : understable

Putters
Classic Judge: got 2 firms right now, the fly like ultrastars. Thinking of adding the soft as long as it is still stiff. Need to fondle some
Wizard: still in the bag but not sure why. think the judges will kick these out completely soon. They do stay in the basket better than the judge, but i hit the chains more using the judge so that cancels out the wizards grippiness. as soon as the judge forehand approach is down these should be out of the bag completely.
Light aviar: utility
limonsock
Noob

Postby limonsock » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Distance driver
Nuke: all out d
Drivers
SPD: Kinda beat, long and straight with a strong hyzer finish
CPD; new, Straight straight straight left left left
SFD: turnover driver
i want a CFD to do what my sfd did when it was new: straight straight straight then a tiny left or just straight, now the sfd keeps turning!
Star Banshee: Flicks and big hyzer
Mid:
SG-MD1: bread and butter, straight flying super mid
SG-MD1: new: more overstable (although the new one just put in the bag flies a lot like the beat one, maybe orange was a bad choice)
Comet: hold that right turn, hold it, hold it...
Putters:
Classic Judge: oh my goodness this disc is fun! does what I want. Putts well besides the occasional bounce out. flicks super accurately
Wizard: cant really take it out of the bag... Holds a right turn on a back hand very nicely

Other stuff gets sprinkled in and not used much. Think a boss may be necessary for overstable bombs but would like something even more drasticly overstable.
limonsock
Noob

Postby limonsock » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 am

Nuke
PPD
SPD
CPD
SFD
CFD
MD1
Classic Judge
limonsock
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion