Looking to step up from 150 DX Valkyrie driver

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Looking to step up from 150 DX Valkyrie driver

Postby diggadan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:22 am

HI there -

I've been throwing a 150 DX Valkyrie with moderate success, but I recently lost it over a water hole. I'd like to try something new. I don't have a lot of upper-body strength ... seems it takes me 2 throws on a drive to get where most guys do. I like a stable disc, and I throw leftie.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Danielle
diggadan
Noob

Favorite Disc: Shark

Re: Looking to step up from 150 DX Valkyrie driver

Postby aerodriver » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Try out a Latitude 64 River if it's available to you. Little bit slower and shorter, but you may see some added distance with the glide the River has. Opto Line has a bit more stable flight compared to Gold Line.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Re: Looking to step up from 150 DX Valkyrie driver

Postby JR » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Champ Valkyrie, River gold line, Fury gold line or a light Beast all could work depending on your power and disc spin to speed ratio. Beast likes power but in a light weight it might behave and at power it is longer than the Valk but if it isn't given enough power it will probably fade out and be shorter so YMMV and without knowing how you throw it is hard to judge. A friend of mine threw 250' with the Beast when he was getting the Valk to 230' but both were max weight. The Fury likes more power than the River but is faster and again longer given enough power. The River makes do with less power but being the slowest of the bunch may fade out. The River gets distance only with a lot of power that overcomes the drag so IDK. Sidewinders are better than originally and that is what i'd try first because they fade so little and need the least amount of power out of these.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment