Favorite Shots

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Favorite Shots

Postby klemle » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:17 am

Just wanted to open a discussion for everyones favorite shots to throw (other than an ace of course). My personal favorite (since my home course forces it a lot) is a big bombing hyzer (350') that arcs way out then hits the ground fast and skips to the pin. I love peoples looks of confusion when I can accurately place this shot.
klemle
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Boss

Favorite Shots

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 am

There's not much else like throwing a seasoned Roc high into a tailwind.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Favorite Shots

Postby luma » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Love to throw my Axis on a straight release and have it floating simply dead straight for 300' around 6-8' off the ground and then fade out just about 2-3' and landing at around 320'. Absolutely love seeing this shot through tight woods with that 10' wide gap, but also like it on an open field :)
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby Stringbean » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:56 pm

On those 300 foot, " ) " shaped holes... a beat Super Stingray on a hyzer flip, just shy of flat, then hyzering out with a gentle skip at the end. With its wide diameter and at 180 grams, it is a very gradual flip followed by a very gradual turn back to hyzer... fun to watch.

I played my first tournament in 7 months this weekend and played terrible... parking a hole with this shot was one of my only highlights.

Also love to throw annys through the woods with a seasoned QMS.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby JR » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Disc golfing a straight long shot with a driver and on an open field field practicing a distance s-curve at the correct speed and anny after the flip with nose connecting just right when you know it will not drop too soon and still keep up the speed to flex to fade a little for a forward dominant skip for ultimate air shot distance. It is a thing of beauty.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby veganray » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:32 am

Underhand horseshoe blade with a Z Xtreme from 100-160 feet. I nailed one from ~140 last Friday night at the Grange; the ear-splitting racket it made going in could be heard over both courses.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby inthedrift » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:54 pm

I particularly enjoy throwing a hyzer flip to turnover with a flippy driver. I also enjoy getting out of trouble with FH rollers.
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby cubeofsoup » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Putter on a gentle 200' turnover shot.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby Mark Ellis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:17 am

A perfect line to the basket. To "pure" a shot.

Not just a shot which works because somehow it makes it there but a perfect line, exactly as I planned it before the release. The correct speed, height and angle thrown with the right disc so that the flight mirrors the line of the fairway and gently floats to the finish.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby PMantle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 am

High anny around trees with a disc like an Underworld, Amp or meteor. Watching them lock on and never fade out, yet not land as a roller. Having no forehand to speak of, these are beautiful.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby klemle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:55 am

Wow, my co-workers probably think I am crazy sitting here at work in a dream state just thinking about all these shots!
klemle
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Boss

Postby DiscinFiend » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:15 am

Huge hyzer-flips for big d with my beat Star Destroyer.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Postby Monocacy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:Not just a shot which works because somehow it makes it there but a perfect line, exactly as I planned it before the release. . .

^^^This. Last weekend I scored a rare drop-in three on a tricky C-pin location, but my approach was "one tree over" from the line I was trying to hit. Just didn't feel right. :-|
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Extreme downhill distance shots. Nothing better than watching people throw katanas downhill to have them turn and burn when they hit cruise speed. Then I step up with whichever hss mid or fairway of choice and have it glide forever and never fade or burn... throwing challengers and d wasps in the mountains has an amazing place in my memory.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Terrence » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 am

My favorite shot involves that uncomfortable distance when I can power down with a stable fairway driver instead of a full power throw with a mid range disc. To maintain the same form and timing, to release out of that same "keyhole" with only lowered speed.
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Next

Return to General Discussion