Over stable mid

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Over stable mid

Postby LuckyEagle405 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 am

So I'm looking for an over stable midrange that flies like a longer gator. I love the amount of fade from a gator but need something that can get out further before it fades out. I would like to have something capable of getting out to 300'. Just based off of looking around online I'm thinking either a mace, a wasp, or one of the over stable dynamic disc mids. Any other suggestions? An what do you guys think of those few?
Grip it and Rip it
LuckyEagle405
Noob

Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: Over stable mid

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:05 am

Wasp won't be overstable enough, Hornet would be closer, but I'm thinking that if you actually want longer distance with the same overstability, you're probably going to want an overstable fairway driver. Champ Banshee? Opto Trident?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby PMantle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:29 am

LuckyEagle405 wrote: Any other suggestions? An what do you guys think of those few?

While Inbounds has the Gator and Sentinel being basically the same, I can throw the Sent farther. The two I have are very overstable too. I like them better than Wasps.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Over stable mid

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 am

A flat Roc3 thrown high enough will be overstable at 300'. But that might not be the line you want. I vote Champ Banshee too.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Stringbean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:43 am

Prodigy M2 may do the trick.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby Stringbean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:47 am

There were clear 12x Champ Teebirds with a tie-dye like design produced about two years ago that were like shorter firebirds. Those would be perfect for what you are looking for.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:22 am

Stringbean wrote:There were clear 12x Champ Teebirds with a tie-dye like design produced about two years ago that were like shorter firebirds. Those would be perfect for what you are looking for.
Yup, got one of those (without the tie-dye though), almost turned me off of TeeBirds because it just happened to be my first one. Not really a practical solution though, considering how hard they are to find. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Stringbean » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:32 am

jubuttib wrote:
Stringbean wrote:There were clear 12x Champ Teebirds with a tie-dye like design produced about two years ago that were like shorter firebirds. Those would be perfect for what you are looking for.
Yup, got one of those (without the tie-dye though), almost turned me off of TeeBirds because it just happened to be my first one. Not really a practical solution though, considering how hard they are to find. =)

That was my first Teebird as well. For a long time, I couldn't figure out why people said that Eagles were better in the wind. To this day, I have never been able to turn that thing over. It's still a meat hook despite two years of use.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby zeike524 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 am

The DD verdict even though a little hard to find right now will release in a couple months. I have two and they are like mini meat hooks and i can throw them up to about 320-330

But for easier distance and the overstability the banshee and the trident are both great suggestions.
zeike524
Noob

Postby PMantle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:17 pm

zeike524 wrote:The DD verdict even though a little hard to find right now will release in a couple months. I have two and they are like mini meat hooks and i can throw them up to about 320-330

But for easier distance and the overstability the banshee and the trident are both great suggestions.

I am saving up paypal for one of these.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby LuckyEagle405 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks guys. I may go with the m2 or the banshee.
Grip it and Rip it
LuckyEagle405
Noob

Postby LuckyEagle405 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Any comments about the mace?
Grip it and Rip it
LuckyEagle405
Noob

Postby zeike524 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:56 pm

The mace isn't that overstable. I replaced my mace with a truth. The verdict is definitely more overstable.
zeike524
Noob

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:39 pm

So that's the verdict huh?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby PMantle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Haha. I had no idea until today that only one stamp is out. No wonder I saw none at Disc Golf World when I was in KC this week.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Equipment