What's in the bag 2012 edition

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby JR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:35 am

Many thinner putters are fine past 150' including a new Aviar P&A and if it fades too much APX is the most Rattler like thinner putter.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11526
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby DiscinFiend » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Distancce Drivers
Backhand
x4 Star Destroyers (169-171) - Various Stabilties
x1 Champion Roadrunner (175) - Rollers
x1 C-Line PD2 (175) - OS (Only gets put in the bag on very windy days)
Sidearm
x1 Champ Firebird (Domey) (175) - OS
x1 Champ Firebird (Flat Top) (175) - Very OS
x1 Champ Krait (175) - Stable

Fairway Drivers
x1 Champ Banshee (175) - OS
x1 Champ Brinster Teebird (175) - OS (between the Banshee & 12x Teebird)
x1 Champ Teebird 12x (175)- Stable
x1 Champ Leopard (175) - Understable
x1 Champ Teebird 12x (172) - Overhand

Mids
x1 Champ Gator (179) - OS
x1 Champ Roc3 (180) - OS (less OS than the Gator)
x4 DX/KC Roc (Flat Top) (180) - Various Stabilties

Putters
x1 Champ Rhyno (175) - OS
x1 Star Aviar Driver (175) - Stable, All Apraoches
x2 Champ Aviar (175) - Putting

I'm on the search for some new putters, most likely gonna be DX or McPro Aviars but I may also try the KC to see if I like the bead. The Champ Aviars just get to slick when they're wet & seem to spit out more than baseline plastic putters.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: Greenfield, WI
Favorite Disc: KC Roc

What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:18 am

What does your Krait do that a beat Destroyer doesn't? And what do you use your Banshee for as opposed to your Firebirds? I could see you dropping two molds and still doing just fine...if you wanted to.

Lastly, have you picked up a Classic Judge? They are easier to putt with than a KC Aviar IMO because they seem shallower, but still have a bead.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby DiscinFiend » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:What does your Krait do that a beat Destroyer doesn't? And what do you use your Banshee for as opposed to your Firebirds? I could see you dropping two molds and still doing just fine...if you wanted to.

Lastly, have you picked up a Classic Judge? They are easier to putt with than a KC Aviar IMO because they seem shallower, but still have a bead.


I have used my friends Judges & really liked them, so I might have to pick up a few. Your right there is overlap with my Banshee & Firebirds so I'm going to drop the Banshee & just power down a Firebird. My Banshee seems to serve the same purpose as my Firebirds just with a little less fade. As for the Krait, I just don't like Destroyers for forehand for some reason so that's why I picked up a Krait. It is used exclusively for forehand shots but I'm actually looking for a disc to replace it. I was thinking of either getting an Orc or Surge to replace the Krait b/c I want something slightly slower.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: Greenfield, WI
Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:24 pm

DiscinFiend wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:What does your Krait do that a beat Destroyer doesn't? And what do you use your Banshee for as opposed to your Firebirds? I could see you dropping two molds and still doing just fine...if you wanted to.

Lastly, have you picked up a Classic Judge? They are easier to putt with than a KC Aviar IMO because they seem shallower, but still have a bead.


I have used my friends Judges & really liked them, so I might have to pick up a few. Your right there is overlap with my Banshee & Firebirds so I'm going to drop the Banshee & just power down a Firebird. My Banshee seems to serve the same purpose as my Firebirds just with a little less fade. As for the Krait, I just don't like Destroyers for forehand for some reason so that's why I picked up a Krait. It is used exclusively for forehand shots but I'm actually looking for a disc to replace it. I was thinking of either getting an Orc or Surge to replace the Krait b/c I want something slightly slower.


What else are you looking for in this new mold? Just slower? What kind of stability?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby DiscinFiend » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:
DiscinFiend wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:What does your Krait do that a beat Destroyer doesn't? And what do you use your Banshee for as opposed to your Firebirds? I could see you dropping two molds and still doing just fine...if you wanted to.

Lastly, have you picked up a Classic Judge? They are easier to putt with than a KC Aviar IMO because they seem shallower, but still have a bead.


I have used my friends Judges & really liked them, so I might have to pick up a few. Your right there is overlap with my Banshee & Firebirds so I'm going to drop the Banshee & just power down a Firebird. My Banshee seems to serve the same purpose as my Firebirds just with a little less fade. As for the Krait, I just don't like Destroyers for forehand for some reason so that's why I picked up a Krait. It is used exclusively for forehand shots but I'm actually looking for a disc to replace it. I was thinking of either getting an Orc or Surge to replace the Krait b/c I want something slightly slower.


What else are you looking for in this new mold? Just slower? What kind of stability?


Slower but still a distance driver & a disc less OS than a C PD but more OS than a Champ Teebird.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: Greenfield, WI
Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:21 pm

DiscinFiend wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:
DiscinFiend wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:What does your Krait do that a beat Destroyer doesn't? And what do you use your Banshee for as opposed to your Firebirds? I could see you dropping two molds and still doing just fine...if you wanted to.

Lastly, have you picked up a Classic Judge? They are easier to putt with than a KC Aviar IMO because they seem shallower, but still have a bead.


I have used my friends Judges & really liked them, so I might have to pick up a few. Your right there is overlap with my Banshee & Firebirds so I'm going to drop the Banshee & just power down a Firebird. My Banshee seems to serve the same purpose as my Firebirds just with a little less fade. As for the Krait, I just don't like Destroyers for forehand for some reason so that's why I picked up a Krait. It is used exclusively for forehand shots but I'm actually looking for a disc to replace it. I was thinking of either getting an Orc or Surge to replace the Krait b/c I want something slightly slower.


What else are you looking for in this new mold? Just slower? What kind of stability?


Slower but still a distance driver & a disc ess OS than a C PD but more OS than a Champ Teebird.


Haha...well, I've got a beefy 11x Champ that's pretty OS if you don't crush it. I know what you mean though. Have you looked at Escapes? It might be a little less stable than you want, but they are incredibly workable, glide really well, and carry quite a bit of distance...and power down well too.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby DiscinFiend » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:
DiscinFiend wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:
DiscinFiend wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:What does your Krait do that a beat Destroyer doesn't? And what do you use your Banshee for as opposed to your Firebirds? I could see you dropping two molds and still doing just fine...if you wanted to.

Lastly, have you picked up a Classic Judge? They are easier to putt with than a KC Aviar IMO because they seem shallower, but still have a bead.


I have used my friends Judges & really liked them, so I might have to pick up a few. Your right there is overlap with my Banshee & Firebirds so I'm going to drop the Banshee & just power down a Firebird. My Banshee seems to serve the same purpose as my Firebirds just with a little less fade. As for the Krait, I just don't like Destroyers for forehand for some reason so that's why I picked up a Krait. It is used exclusively for forehand shots but I'm actually looking for a disc to replace it. I was thinking of either getting an Orc or Surge to replace the Krait b/c I want something slightly slower.


What else are you looking for in this new mold? Just slower? What kind of stability?


Slower but still a distance driver & a disc ess OS than a C PD but more OS than a Champ Teebird.


Haha...well, I've got a beefy 11x Champ that's pretty OS if you don't crush it. I know what you mean though. Have you looked at Escapes? It might be a little less stable than you want, but they are incredibly workable, glide really well, and carry quite a bit of distance...and power down well too.


I've never thrown an Escape but I will have to check it out.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: Greenfield, WI
Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby Flipflat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Rec bag and only bag:

Pro D Zone (broken in to straight but still with good fade)
Wizard
Soft magnet

Roc (super stiff DX, non plus)
Panther
Eclipse

Blizz Boss
Teebirds X2 (champ, dx)
JLS
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Detroitish
Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby butter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:42 am

2.5 years in, have been trying to learn BH drives for over a year. Said F it a month ago, my FH drives are just too consistant and accurate. So I'm FH drive, BH approach/mids.

173 Champ Firebird --> Beef
168 S-PD - new --> Main Driver, line shaper
166 S-PD - beat --> Distance lines, hyzerflip
171 Dx-Ex - super beat --> Perfect FH anhyzer disc, turnovers
168 Pro Leo --> BH driver, touch FH shots

174 FLX Drone --> Beef
180 S-MD2 --> OS (for me)
172 P-MD2 --> Don't use much, mostly short FH shots than pan out and land like a feather
172 X-Comet --> Turnover, touch shots

175 Zero Hard Pure -->Approach, Drives
175 Old X plastic Challenger --> Putter, NEED A REPLACEMENT!!
175 New X Challenger --> Floppy, risky approach, jump-putts
butter
Noob
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:12 pm
Favorite Disc: Dx EX

Re: What's in the bag 2012 edition

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Since I realized that high speed drivers aren't for me my bag is so much easier to work with now. Been doing field work and course work getting a feel for my bag and everything. Don't play a lot of tourneys but me and the guys play a ton of doubles together. We always have bag discussions out there. lol

My bag for 2014 and probably for a while now. I am testing Judges however.

Control/Fairway Drivers
175 Discraft Z Predator(x2)
167,175 Latitude 64 Gold Line Fury(x2)
175 Discraft ESP Cyclone
174 Discraft Pro D Cyclone
174 Discraft Elite X Cyclone


Midranges
175 Innova Champion Roc3
180 Innova Star Roc
175 Innova KC Pro Roc(x2)
175 Discraft Z Comet
175 Discraft ESP Comet
170 Discraft Elite X Comet


Putters
175 Dynamic Discs Classic Blend Judge(x3)
175 Gateway Eraser Wizard(x2)
175 Gateway RFF Wizard(x1)
175 Gateway Evolution Wizard
175 Discraft ESP Zone
175 Discraft Pro D Zone


Utilities

174 Latitude 64 Gold Line XXX
170 Discraft Elite X Cyclone
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Truth

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests