Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby zj1002 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:41 pm

any of you MD2/MD3 lovers want part of my MD2 collection?

Off the top of my head it includes 2 proto C-MD2s(1 DGV, 1 USDGC), 1 P-line Xmas MD2, 5 opaque C-MD2, 5 flat jolly launcher MD2s(the new run), and 2 glow C-MD3. Most are used but in great shape, a couple are new.

If you are not in america i'll gladly still work something out as long as you pay for shipping.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Joz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:02 pm

zj1002 wrote:any of you MD2/MD3 lovers want part of my MD2 collection?

Off the top of my head it includes 2 proto C-MD2s(1 DGV, 1 USDGC), 1 P-line Xmas MD2, 5 opaque C-MD2, 5 flat jolly launcher MD2s(the new run), and 2 glow C-MD3. Most are used but in great shape, a couple are new.

If you are not in america i'll gladly still work something out as long as you pay for shipping.

PM SENT!!!
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby maskedavenger » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 am

Wow, what made you want to get rid of all that? :o
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby limonsock » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:38 am

when i first bought my SFD it would hyzer flip, glide rather far on an anhyzer line, then fade back ever so slightly for a big and relatively straight drive. Following a few good tree hits this disc now never comes out of that anny line, it just keeps on turning hard to the right. Will a C-line FD break into something more similar to what the SFD flew like pre breaking in?
although i love the turnover capabilities of the SFD, i need something to fill the gap between those and my PD's which will end left
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Postby JR » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:45 pm

IDK but the C FD starts out very overstable so if it did break in it would probably take several years. Unless you give it a crash course :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:26 pm

JR wrote:IDK but the C FD starts out very overstable so if it did break in it would probably take several years. Unless you give it a crash course :-D
"Can start out very overstable" is more like it. Mine is clearly more HSS and LSS than my S-FD, but it ain't overstable by any means.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:28 pm

Mine is big time overstable at least as much as a regular 175 C PD probably a little more than that actually at 167 and each of the ones at Frisbeepoint looked the same shape wise.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:44 am

EO stamped C PD2 172 is somewhat blizzard inside the wing in a thin layer and a very overstable disc. Fairly similar to Z Forces and the best long headwind OS driver that Innova makes. Short though because it is so OS much more so than my P PD2.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:33 am

Bah a head to head test with that C PD2 and my Z Force showed that the initial estimate was somewhat off. That C PD2 is much more LSS and earlier fading so about 15' shorter on average after skips. Since discs don't always skip the Force is much longer when the ground prevents skipping. The PD2 ended up about as much left because it tilts so heavily that it drops early despite skipping a fair deal. The power requirement of the C PD2 is even higher than that of the Force and mine tilted at 200' with flat release at full power dropping down at about 230-240' skipping to at best 300' but with controlled power less than that. Maybe 280' best. That is one meat hook of a disc. With my horrible powered FH annies were possible and the disc got decent distance but way less than my D2 because the PD2 is so much slower. D difference BH between the D2 and the PD2 is huge on average close to 65'. FH less because i can mask my crappy powered form with the PD2 on an anny line. With flat FHs there is more difference but not like with my BH perhaps 50'ish on average.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby maskedavenger » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 am

I have a 2013 "Jolly Launcher" C-PD2 that is overstable to all hell. Threw a short hole aiming for a forehand s-shot, let it go way too steep, it was almost vertical, good thing I chose this disc, as it fought out of that roller angle and faded in for a putt.

If the Stilletto is more overstable I cannot imagine what that will do. EO stamped one I got is nowhere near that stability. It is very stable (I would say a sliver less than the FR C-PD2s that came out in 2011), but nowhere near the microbubbly rimmed 2013 one I got. The Jolly Launcher one has a huge pop top dome too, I wonder if that has to do with it.
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:21 am

Just got some 2nd run C-FDs, based on their description they seem to be Jolly Launcher plastic (quite stiff) with a bit of bubble action going on in the rim. They feel good, but I have to say I was really surprised by the PLH difference when compared to my 1st run C-FD. That one is clearly more stable than my S-Lines, it does have some turn but not a whole lot. But it pales in comparison:

The one on the left is the 2nd Run. Don't know what to expect from these, haven't thrown them yet, but they're likely going to be quite stable/overstable. If the fade isn't too harsh I might be able to replace the TeeBirds I've been lugging around with these...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Discmania

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:40 am

Wow...that's a huge difference. Let us know how it flies.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Joz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:13 pm

The 2nd runs fly amazing. I have been stocking up on them for months now. Right now, I carry a first run c-line (Russian CFR), 2nd Run c-line, and s-line, all max weight. They complement each other very well. My 2nd run started out nearly Banshee stable; I'd say between a Banshee and an old CAL 11x TB. At first it wouldn't flinch in a 10mph headwind out to 400'. Now I get a nice predictable turn, but still a reliable finish to the left.

To let you know, there is already a third run. Jussi has mentioned the 3rd runs supposedly rate in between the 1st and 2nd runs in terms of stability. While I have several 3rd runs, and their parting lines are certainly in between the 1st and 2nd runs, I have yet to throw them to confirm.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:34 am

Joz wrote:Now I get a nice predictable turn, but still a reliable finish to the left.
Eagle-X type mojo or something like that?
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 pm

My eo c pd2 is super beefy and short because of the early harsh fade. More hss and lss and shorter than z force.

maskedavenger wrote:I have a 2013 "Jolly Launcher" C-PD2 that is overstable to all hell. Threw a short hole aiming for a forehand s-shot, let it go way too steep, it was almost vertical, good thing I chose this disc, as it fought out of that roller angle and faded in for a putt.

If the Stilletto is more overstable I cannot imagine what that will do. EO stamped one I got is nowhere near that stability. It is very stable (I would say a sliver less than the FR C-PD2s that came out in 2011), but nowhere near the microbubbly rimmed 2013 one I got. The Jolly Launcher one has a huge pop top dome too, I wonder if that has to do with it.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment