Some advices for drive

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Some advices for drive

Postby caslavak » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Hello,
I've stucked at pretty poor length of my drives (about 80 m for backhand and 105 m for forehand). Could you provide me some advices how to progress in future training? I play DG about 3 months, 2-3 times a week. I use powergrip (4 fingers under the rim, if you want, I can post here pictures)
Thank you for all your advices!
caslavak
caslavak
Noob

Re: Some advices for drive

Postby JR » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:15 am

You lack a follow through step in both styles. It indicates that you could have more speed in the legs. More steps would help. Getting the elbow a little closer to the target before straightening it could help. Have you tried to stop the wrist quickly to let the disc pivot? Forehand has the wrist bent to the left a lot after the disc has left. I would tighten the leg muscles and the center of the body to remain more upright.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby caslavak » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:06 am

JR wrote:You lack a follow through step in both styles. It indicates that you could have more speed in the legs. More steps would help. Getting the elbow a little closer to the target before straightening it could help. Have you tried to stop the wrist quickly to let the disc pivot? Forehand has the wrist bent to the left a lot after the disc has left. I would tighten the leg muscles and the center of the body to remain more upright.

Thank you, I'll try it today. :wink:
caslavak
Noob

Postby mattjaderston » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:10 pm

One small critique is that you pull the disc a little high across your chest. I gained 20 M to my drive when I start pulling a little lower as demonstrated by Pro WIll Shusterick at 1:21 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cUNsWOYSI

It should allow you to access your core muscles and use you legs for strength.

Hope this helps.
mattjaderston
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova Beast

Return to Video Critique