best disc golf manufacturer

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

best disc golf manufacturer

Postby milangee » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 am

What is the best disc golf manufacturer? I just played the game for the first time and want to get my own starter set....but I have no clue what makes a good set.
Last edited by milangee on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
milangee
Noob

Postby DiscinFiend » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 am

Its really a personal preference, when it comes to what companies/company each person chooses to throw. There seems to be a general consensus though of a few brand that just aren't as good as the others though (Quest, Aerobie, Halex, Lightning, Ching). But you really can't go wrong with Vibram, MVP, Discraft, Innova, Lat 64, DGA, Dynamic Discs, Westside, Discmania, Millennium or Gateway. I've noticed that most people tend to throw a mixed bag (multiple companies). The exceptions to this is that if a person is sponsored by a company they usually only throw that brand, but many are allowed to throw other companies associated with that company as well. For instance Innova sponsored players are allowed to throw Innova, Discmania & Millennium discs. DGA sponsored players can throw DGA & Discraft. Lat 64 players can throw DD (Dynamic Discs), Lat & Westside.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Re: best disc golf manufacturer

Postby PMantle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:26 am

In my bag right now:
Innova
Discraft
Latitude 64
Westside
MVP
Dynamic Discs
Millennium
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby zeike524 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 pm

In my bag right now:
Lat 64
Dynamic Discs
Westside
zeike524
Noob

Postby zeike524 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:01 pm

But as stated before its really just personal preference and what works for you.
zeike524
Noob

Postby ELItheICEman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Is anyone else the least bit curious how this topic made its way into the Body Conditioning and Injury forum? Is it just me?

I started throwing spring of last year (2012) and just built my own three-disc set. I made sure to include a putter, a mid-range and a driver. I happened to choose Innova for two very good reasons: 1) I understand their flight numbers very well compared to, say, Discraft's; and 2) the store I bought them from had no other brands available. Heh.

If I were to make a recommendation based on other people I've introduced to the game, I'd recommend an Aviar (Innova) of sorts for the putter, a DX Leopard (Innova) for the driver, and a Z-buzzz (Discraft) for the mid. Overstable putter, stable mid, and stable-understable driver. Seems to be a good enough formula.
ELItheICEman
Noob

Postby PMantle » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:57 pm

ELItheICEman wrote:Is anyone else the least bit curious how this topic made its way into the Body Conditioning and Injury forum? Is it just me?

Yes.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Cryu » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Try out what feels the best in your hand...
I started out with a 2009 european open innova destroyer collectors edition, was trying to buy a beach frisbee for catch.
Silly mistake, but it introduced me to this awesome sport. Been using 95% Innova products ever since.
Tried many discs from other manufacturers too and they weren't too bad. Its just what you get used to.
Cryu
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Leopard

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury