Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:06 am

As is mine (the super beefy part, EO C-PD2), but I'm getting the distinct impression it's short because it just doesn't have any glide. My Stilettos are easily as or more overstable, but they go a lot farther because they have plenty of glide.
Last edited by jubuttib on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:34 pm

I saw jori hätinen throw piippos stiletto and there was good glide but he has a lot of oomph. The c fd is not glideless as long as it goes fast but it will slow down fairly soon and start the fade and drop earlier than any kind of s fd. So it depends on who is throwing.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Cryu » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Tried my friends blizzard line DD2, flipped over like crazy, felt much like blizzard destroyer. Thinking about moving to heavier discs...
Cryu
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Leopard

Postby JR » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Blizzards vary a lot in some molds. Dd2 is flippy my early destro is more overstable than normal max weights at 134! Quasars vary from less flippy but still flippy to great distance hyzer flipper so a high plh one might work for you. Longevity could be a problem because the stability changes a lot with minor plh differences and tuning is touchy.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:02 am

Yeah, it's not the weight itself that causes the flippyness, it's the fact they tend to mold up with a different shape. If you can find a high PLH blizzard disc there's no reason why it can't be overstable.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby DiscinFiend » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:03 pm

I throw two Discmania discs, both I've picked up in the last year. I rarely replace any discs in my bag unless they get to beat in & I add a new one (I like to cycle). I like to spend a lot of time doing field work with discs when I get them. I compare them to the current discs I carry for that slot in my bag to see how the new disc compares to what I'm currently using. I got a C PD & I only had to throw it a few times & it was clear to me that it was a better disc than my Champ Orc. I mostly threw my Orc for sidearm shots & occasional backhand shots that needed to fly farther than my Teebirds but shorter than my Destroyers. I could tell the PD had more glide & it just felt better in my hand than the Orc. This is the first time in a a few years since a new disc I was trting kicked another mold out of my bag so quickly. I also have a C PD2 which I really enjoy throwing also, it replaced my Champ XCal. I'm very glad I started trying Discmaina molds that I ever tried before. In the past I've used a S CD which was okay but it couldn't compete with my other discs, I don't think the PD or PD2 is coming out of my bag for a long time (if ever) & I'd highly recommend people try them. I've heard a lot of good things about the P2 & I'm looking for a new stable driving putter so I'm gonna pick one up & see how it flies.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Postby disco » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:09 pm

How is the inside rim-angle on C-MD3. 90 degrees, or more?
disco
Noob

Favorite Disc: gator

Postby jubuttib » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:33 pm

The disc is incredibly similar to the MD2 anyway, so it's a slight +mold like all MD2s are.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby maskedavenger » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:09 am

Anyone care to speculate what are the new things for DM for 2014? Some hints here: https://twitter.com/JussiMeresmaa

I think they could use a really overstable midrange or fairway. Or continue with glidey discs like FD and TD2. "PD3", a 11-speed stable yet glidey disc could be nice.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Joz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:04 pm

I got a feeling it is beyond discs. I do recall Jussi and Mark mentioning Discmania aimed to take a bigger look at the US in the future. This may be part of it.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby maskedavenger » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:50 am

Yeah I was going to write "besides expanding in the US" and I know they are also expanding the DiscGolfPark model in Germany etc. (although thats more Innova Europe business than Discmania, but Jussi is the connecting person).

Hard to imagine they would not relase any new models for 2014, though. Any thoughts on that, what are they missing in their lineup? Of course there can be only a certain amount of discs when you look at the different characteristics and combine them... no what am I saying look at Innova, nevermind
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:33 am

maskedavenger wrote:Anyone care to speculate what are the new things for DM for 2014? Some hints here: https://twitter.com/JussiMeresmaa

I think they could use a really overstable midrange or fairway. Or continue with glidey discs like FD and TD2. "PD3", a 11-speed stable yet glidey disc could be nice.
They do need an overstable mid (MD3 ain't it, even though I hoped very hard), they also need FD2, a disc that flies like the 2nd run C-FD does, meaning a neutral to slightly overstable fairway driver. Stable glidey 11 speed kinda sounds like a domey DD to me if I'm honest. Very under appreciated disc that one.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Joz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:39 am

I would like a less beefy PD2. Jussi mentioned he was going to fix the issue with the MD3.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Joz wrote:I would like a less beefy PD2. Jussi mentioned he was going to fix the issue with the MD3.

Did you talk to Jussi too? I'm looking forward to this.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mutteriwiritys » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:20 am

I'm wondering that were do I need the great FD when I could have P-PD, S-PD and a C-PD covering all my driver needs. Or would they.
mutteriwiritys
Noob

Favorite Disc: FD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment