"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Beer

Postby bcr123psu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Is it this one? If so, I thought it was just their Grande Reserve in a different bottle (or with a different stamp, if you will):

bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby JR » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:06 am

dgdave wrote:Like their tripel?

Some Belgian breweries use the term Blond others Tripel and i don't know if there is an established distinction but both are light in color although the Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante is cloudy too. So bcr123psu this is a different product. Grande Reserve is even better on tap. Unfortunately i've only had it once in Sweden.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby dgdave » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 am

Is it like the white label?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:12 am

Only in the broadest sense this is way better than the Grande too. Unless you can get the Grande on tap that is then it is an even match. So shared top place out of Chimay and thus most highly recommended. Doubly so for lovers of Belgian beers. And that means everyone not just the ones that normally go for tripels and blonds because this is way tastier and multifaceted. Dangerously drinkable too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bsnone1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am

Now I haven't come close to digging through all 90 pages of this thread, however, my favorite beer on the planet was released in my area this week. Bell's Hopslam (Double IPA). Pretty amazing stuff.

Other favs:

Surly IPA (out of Minnesota, only available there)
Odell Mercenary DIPA
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Alesmith IPA
Decheutes Abyss
Founders Breakfast Stout

And pretty much anything brewed by Dogfish Head, Bells, Sierra Nevada, Surly, Oskar Blue or Brooklyn Brew Co.

Once I finish my degree, I'm going to start home brewing.
bsnone1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle

Postby chunk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:35 pm

speaking of hop slam, i just picked up two six'ers at wegmans. anyone will to trade some hop slam for some pliney???
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby bsnone1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Pliny and Heady Topper are the two that I really need to get my hands on... I had a connection for Pliny but then they stopped distribution to Washington state. I'm hoping to make a California trip this summer to cross that one off of my list. If any New Englanders want to do a trade for some Heady Topper I've got Hop Slam, '12 Descheutes Abyss and Dogfish 120 (from both June '12 and December '12) available for trade.
bsnone1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Recent escapades: Spent way too much money on a bottle of Brewdog's Dog A, Imperial Stout. Not usually a fan of stouts, but this one was a really positive surprise, even if I already had high hopes for it. It was surprisingly mellow and restrained, without knowing it was 15.1% alc. I would have guessed it to be less than 5%. Just all kinds of good, and lasted me for a good two hours. =)

Also tried a St Austell Proper Job, India Pale Ale. Definitely went to my personal top 5 list, even though many IPA drinkers don't seem to particularly care about it. Very fruity flavor, but the thing that struck me was how the taste of the hops was brought up slowly. Usually a beer that's as big on hops as this one is kicks your tastebuds into submission right from the get go, but the Proper Job built up really smoothly, taking its time, belying just how hoppy it ends up being. Probably one of the best IPAs to offer to someone who hasn't had one yet, giving them a smooth start. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:17 am

So tasty after a hard dinner service at work..... 8)
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby Wordgie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Anything by Stone, especially the Bastard line. I haven't had a bad Terrapin, Cigar City or Widmer either.

I'm more into ales, especially strong ales. Lexington's bourbon barrel ale if freaking incredible! Probably one of the best is Dogfish Head's Pallo Santo. I think it's 12 or 13 percent and is very smooth.

This is the time for Octoberfest/pumpkin beers. So far I've had the Sammy and Yuengling Octoberfest, Terrapin Pumpkinfest, Cisco's Pumple Drumkin (surprisingly good), Erie Johnny Rails, Cigar City's Good Gourd (not much pumpkin flavor, but a spiced up strong ale), Southern Tier Pumking. All solid, great tasting beers.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby Wordgie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Oh yeah, if you do Untappd, add me

https://untappd.com/user/Wordgie
Wordgie
Noob

Postby Monocacy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Wordgie wrote:Probably one of the best is Dogfish Head's Pallo Santo. I think it's 12 or 13 percent and is very smooth.

Yes, I tried Palo Santo Marron recently and it definitely worth of sipping slowly. One of the benefits of playing at Seneca Creek is stopping by the Dogfish Head Alehouse and Restaurant afterwards.

Wordgie wrote: is the time for Octoberfest/pumpkin beers.

Flying Dog "The Fear" Imperial Pumpkin Ale is quite good.

Flying Dog "Horn Dog" Barleywine this evening. Yeah, I like to support the hometown brewer.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.