Dynamic Discs line of discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Dynamic Discs line of discs

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:08 am

Curious to know if anyone on here has thrown a Fuzion Judge. I'm eyeing some with the Glass Blown Open stamp. Any reviews?

And my pink gummy Trespass is really breaking in well and has lost some stability to where it will flip up a little from hyzer. Where it really shines is on uphill shots or slight anhyzers that barely flex back until the end. The same can be said about my clear Lucid Escape, just shorter, less fade, and more glide,
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby 7ontheline » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:49 am

Fightingthetide wrote:Curious to know if anyone on here has thrown a Fuzion Judge. I'm eyeing some with the Glass Blown Open stamp. Any reviews?

And my pink gummy Trespass is really breaking in well and has lost some stability to where it will flip up a little from hyzer. Where it really shines is on uphill shots or slight anhyzers that barely flex back until the end. The same can be said about my clear Lucid Escape, just shorter, less fade, and more glide,

I'd recommend the GBO fusion Judge. I've got a couple 175s. They fly similar paths as my fresh classic firms 175 with a hair more fade, and of course I'd expect them to be more durable. I picked up two slightly used firm judges to start and after three months my driving putter is laser straight with no fade, now my jump/40'+ putter, and my go to classic firm has half the fade of a fresh judge (which isn't much). My plan now is to start driving with the fusion and occasionally drive with the straighter classic firm in hopes of it developing some turn. :arrow: So far, classic firms lose LSS faster than HSS, I hope the fusion beats in the same way.

I love the trespass for go far! I've got a well seasoned bio hyzer flipper @169 that is capable of 425-450' for uphill/calm/tailwind only, a slightly seasoned 171 bio for flatish throws with some turn into 10mph headwinds to 400' or flex shots needing some fade around 425'. I just got a new 170 fusion that is as stable as my fresh 175 lucid but with better glide for big hyzers. Lastly, I've got a 167 lucid that I'd like to sell, it goes stable straight into moderate headwinds but doesn't glide as well as my 171 bio and greatly overlaps my 175 lucid renegade and star orc for less than 400' control driver distance.

Once I get more practice with the fusion trespass, I maybe dropping the flippy D1 which flies like my fresh D3 for FH distance as the trespass mold already goes as far with a more controllable smaller rim and better glide.

Can anyone compare the Escape to a C-TD/flippy Orc?
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Bought a GBO Judge. Excited to try it out.

I can't really compare the Escape to a flippy Orc, but I can say it's similar to a C TD. It excels at line-holding. I rarely get mine to flip up from hyzer unless there is some headwind, but it will hold a slight anhyzer for the entire flight. It will even turn from flat if thrown at 100%. From what I remember with TD's, that's pretty much the same deal, but TD's might be a tiny bit better into the wind.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Any news if DD is releasing a base-line plastic for their drivers? I'd love to see a Pro-like blend for Escapes and Trespasses.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby 7ontheline » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:06 am

Picked up a 170 pink lucid renegade this weekend and its nothing like my yellow misprint 175 lucid renegade. The 175 yellow will flex and flies very much like my 175 Tulsa orc, 350-370, on golf lines with a late moderate fade or stable straight into a 10mph headwind on a flatish throw. The 170 pink is a hyzer-flipper and I would not throw it into a 10mph headwind unless I needed 50-70' turn to the right before a late pan out to flat. After one day of testing, I'd say the 170 flippy pink flies similar but longer lines as my well seasoned QJLS but with enough late fade to keep it from burning out where my well seasoned QJ would keep tracking right. This is a great anny disc, longer than my Fury by a good bit but with a full tick more HSS and tick more LSS too. On a full power tailwind slight hyzer flip with the 170 pink renegade, it flipped up and over tracked 30-40' right then faded forward to 400'+. There are some tunnel shots I haven't been able to reach without some tricky flex or able to reach with my JLS that I'm excited to throw.

From what I've read, I think the stable 175 yellow renegade might have been a freak as it flies closer to a light weight lucid trespass. I'd like another renegade to compare and will probably do a little more reading to hear what others are seeing as the norm. I was initially thinking that this might compliment my trespasses in that the renegade doesn't go as far but now I'm happily thinking they go far just understable far 8)
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby PMantle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 am

I have two lucids and now one bio Renegade, and all three appear to fly exactly the same. :banghead:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Give them some time to break in. Maybe that will help show some differences. The clear blends of Lucid seem to be more stable and wear down like iron whereas the transparent blends are less stable, softer, and easier to break in...at least that's been the case with my Trespasses and Escapes.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:43 am

Fightingthetide wrote:The clear blends of Lucid seem to be more stable and wear down like iron whereas the transparent blends are less stable, softer, and easier to break in...at least that's been the case with my Trespasses and Escapes.

Interesting, my clear yellow renegade is stable while my translucent pink renegade is understable. Hmmm...

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zeike524 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:51 am

WOW the moonshine escape really is much more overstable. At 420' power the disc sat up but never even thought about going one inch right.
zeike524
Noob

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Just got my 175 moonshine in. It's mildly slick, but not bad. It's also softer than my sparkle Lucid.

Haven't thrown it yet, but I'm expecting it to fly slightly more overstable, if not truly stable.

Moonshine - white
Lucid - red

Last edited by Fightingthetide on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby PMantle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 am

Some kind of DD challenge is coming here in a couple of weeks. Going to bring cash like I'm hitting a strip club.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby limonsock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 am

Fightingthetide wrote:Any idea where the disc golf courses are in China? Just curious...and interested, actually.

No courses yet in China, but I'm guessing some will pop up in the next few years. Ultimate is growing like crazy there; and one of the main companies supporting the ultimate scene is Yikun sports, the maker of the discs shown by wlord. These guys are bringing (and selling) discs and a basket to all the ultimate tourneys, and if they can find the space im sure they'll set up a course asap. Unfortunately, space is a very hard thing to find in China
Ive got a proto of the red dragonish one and its very nice plastic and super overstable, but flew farther than anything I've ever thrown into the wind.
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Postby Tokyo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:26 am

So what does a renagade compare to in innova or discraft line?
Tokyo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champ Teebird

Postby PMantle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:40 am

Tokyo wrote:So what does a renagade compare to in innova or discraft line?

Slower(barely) Tern. Less stable Wraith? Flight almost like an Archon, but not that goofy shape. Nothing from Discraft. My only complaint is: I have three and they are exactly the same. For once, I was hoping for some variation. :lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby aerodriver » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Anyone else have a board-flat Classic Hard Truth? It's a lot flatter than my flat top DX Roc, just curious how they are flying. Won't get out to the field for a few days to test it with my Warships and against my beat X Buzzz.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Westside Warship

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment