Stringbean's Bag (UPDATED)

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Stringbean's Bag (UPDATED)

Postby Stringbean » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:13 pm

This is Innova heavy, but not intentionally. Most stores in my area only carry Innova.

Putters
Aviar - No Bead Champ - 180 gram
Aviar - Big Bead Champ - 168 Gram

Mids
Panther - Champ 171 grams
Roc - Star San Marino 180 grams
Super Stingray - Champ 180 grams
Gator - Star 175 grams

Control Drivers
Leopard - Star - 171 grams
Eagle X - Star - 168 grams
Teebird - Champ - 175 grams
PD - C Line - 172 grams
Valkyrie - Champ - 171 grams

Drivers
Wraith - Pro Beat - 168 grams
Wraith - Champ Fresh - 168 grams
Destroyer - Echo Star - 175 grams
Villian - Opto - 167 grams
Last edited by Stringbean on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: Stringbean's Bag

Postby JR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:37 am

Some overlap but otherwise a good bag.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Stringbean » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah, it's hard to let go of some discs. The Pro Wraith and Valk cover the understable driver category but the Valk has a more reliable fade and is good for low ceilings. The Pro Wraith is good with controlled oat for a late turn that doesn't fade back.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 pm

I was thinking more of TB/EX being close at least a worn EX and SS/Roc overlapping.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Stringbean » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

My Max weight T bird won't turn over in the wind. It's just long and straight. My EX definitely will.

Star Roc has significant fade. SS has very little fade. I have a beat DX Roc that has an almost identical flight as the SS but the SS goes about 20 feet further.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Re: Stringbean's Bag UPDATED

Postby Stringbean » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Putters
Aviar - No Bead Champ - 180 gram
Summit - Medium - 172 Gram

Mids
Panther - Champ - 171 grams
Roc - Star San Marino - 180 grams
Super Stingray - Champ - 180 grams (I have tried hard to kick this out of my bag - Ibex - DX Roc - QMS - Squall - Skeeter... no dice)
Gator - Star 175 grams

Fairway Drivers
Leopard - Star - 171 grams
JLS - 172 grams
Teebird - 12x Champ - 175 grams

Distance Drivers
SOLS - 164 grams
PD - C Line - 172 grams
Wraith - Pro Beat - 168 grams
Tern - Champ Fresh - 175 grams
Last edited by Stringbean on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby Stringbean » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:55 pm

A few changes... added some Millenium drivers. The Summit is now my main putter, I like the low profile. Took out the Destroyer and added a C-PD for strong winds and spike hyzers. I've tried a lot of different mids but stuck with the same line up.

Some apparent overlap between the JLS and Leopard; however, the JLS is surprisingly stable and I am not able to throw annys like I can with the Leopard. The Teebird is beefy and I have yet to turn it over in any conditions.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Re: Stringbean's Bag UPDATED

Postby Stringbean » Fri May 31, 2013 9:11 pm

Putters

Summit - Medium - 172 - putting (might switch to firm)
Opto Pure - 176 - driving putter
ESP Zone - 175 - flick shots

Mids
Panther - Champ - 170 - anny bombs
M3 - 176 - when I need heavy fade
Super Stingray - Champ - 180 - utility mid
CE QMS - 174 - tight shots with no fade

Fairway Drivers
Leopard - Star - 171 - when I want to make the fairway my bitch
Teebird - Star - 167 - because it is really ugly and causes opponents to freeze
Teebird - 12x Champ - 175 (firebird stability) - I don't really need this, but when I do, people always say "nice" after I throw
Volt - Neutron - 168 (unusually flippy) - backhand shots that need to finish right because my forehand is shakier than a Michael J Fox handshake

Distance Drivers
SOLS - 164 - more reliable than Prodigy plastic in the wind
PD - P Line - 172 - because if you don't have one, you better have an OLF or you will lose
Orc - Star - 175 (flat & beefy) - when I want to hit a dirty stoner smoking in the woods to the left of the fairway
Wraith - Pro Beat - 168 - used anytime I want to finish first because it will do anything I tell it to
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Re: Stringbean's Bag (UPDATED)

Postby Stringbean » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Putters
Summit - Medium - 172 - upshots
Summit - Firm - 168 - putting
Opto Pure - 176 - driving

Mids
Gator (beadless Star) - 175 - overstable utility
QMS (Ontario) - 167 - straight to understable
QMS (Ontario) - 180 - straight to overstable
QMS (Rancho) - 176 - overstable

Fairway Drivers
Leopard - Star - 171
Eagle - Star - 171

Distance Drivers
SOLS - 164
QOLF - 166
Beast - Star - 173
Wraith - Champ - 168
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby aerodriver » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Now I know the Beast and Wraith are two different speeds, but what differences are showing between the two for you? I've been thinking about stepping up to a different driver as I've been turning over my Beasts more than I'd like and wondering if the Wraith has any more turn resistance, as it were.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Postby Stringbean » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:29 pm

The Beast is beat and has a lot of turn at this point of its life. It won't stand up to a strong headwind. The Wraith is still fresh and definitely more stable. I might put a Villain back in my bag with the gales of November closing in. Also looking to pick up a fresh Beast to get some stability back.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 am

aerodriver wrote:Now I know the Beast and Wraith are two different speeds, but what differences are showing between the two for you? I've been thinking about stepping up to a different driver as I've been turning over my Beasts more than I'd like and wondering if the Wraith has any more turn resistance, as it were.

Beasts from three years and more back turned more than new ones. Well IDK about DX new but the other plastics need to be thrown to 400' before they turn for me. Normally i get between 20-24 revs per second to the disc at 50+ MPH record being 57. So i have a good spin vs speed considering there are 600' throwers with 30 revs at 80 MPH. So is your Beast old and or light? Getting a new one or a heavier one and one that is not DX may help tons. The Beast wears slowly in other plastics as DX and i have used a 166 pro for years as the primary driver and it is still good. Amazing for medium plastic and testament to the ease of throwing the Beast in that i have not hit trees at high speeds (for me) that often. But i have and the disc shrugs it off really well. Better than many champ plastic discs in other molds.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby aerodriver » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks for the explanation Stringbean and JR. I've been throwing a 166g and 169g Star Beasts mainly and can get good rips where they turn when put on an attempt for an S-curve and don't come back, they just level out and fall. Useful, but not what I need out of my main driver!
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Postby JR » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:09 am

The next steps up in hss and the ability to pull out of anny while shorter aree s td and high plh opto flow with a high dome. Flow is pretty much parred for me with distance but being more power hungry faster and a hair less gliding due to the earlier fade and the std just fading out earlier means lasers are not an option with them. S td is at least 15' shorter on average and max and flater gummiercones flip a lot in c while s lines vary from straight to a little flipping.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Stringbean » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:21 am

JR, any experience with the Krait?
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion