19%
10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock
7%
all the pink ones I can find :)
12%

Total votes : 69

Re: Comet lovers

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 pm

gremlin75 wrote:Well looks like Discraft is finally putting the ESP comet into their regular line up instead of just doing Limited Edition runs every now and then (OK so they only did 2 LE runs but you know what I mean)

:idea: Looks like we need a new poll now that esp is going to be in production.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby BLURR » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:55 pm

So...I snagged a 177g Cryztal Comet from the local PIAS over the weekend...and I am very sad to report that it flies like a turd. I think it's the gumminess of the plastic that makes it fly so oddly.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby victorb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 am

BLURR wrote:So...I snagged a 177g Cryztal Comet from the local PIAS over the weekend...and I am very sad to report that it flies like a turd. I think it's the gumminess of the plastic that makes it fly so oddly.

glad I haven't bought any yet then, was tempted to buy a couple from LSDiscs last weekend but passed. I have plenty of esps and glows to last me for a while so I don't really need them, but they are pretty.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:36 pm

victorb wrote:
BLURR wrote:So...I snagged a 177g Cryztal Comet from the local PIAS over the weekend...and I am very sad to report that it flies like a turd. I think it's the gumminess of the plastic that makes it fly so oddly.

glad I haven't bought any yet then, was tempted to buy a couple from LSDiscs last weekend but passed. I have plenty of esps and glows to last me for a while so I don't really need them, but they are pretty.

Yeah...the Cryztal is not that great. The new runs of the glow are a nice firm blend of Z and have worked great for turnovers for me without the worry of odd wobbling I get from gummy Z. I am really liking the Midnight Z Comet as well. Between the Midnight and the Glow that I carry, I probably throw them for 90% of my midrange shots.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby SkaBob » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Oh god, they made midnight Comets? Man...vanish for a few years and you miss all sorts of things! Never was a fan of that plastic...
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby BLURR » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:50 pm

SkaBob wrote:Oh god, they made midnight Comets? Man...vanish for a few years and you miss all sorts of things! Never was a fan of that plastic...

The midnight comet's are the bomb. Leaps and bounds better than the Cryztal.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby clard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 am

Has anyone thrown the new production esp comets? I got 4 of the le esp ones from the 3rd run, and I'm hoping they didn't screw with the mold or blend too much because they are fantastic.
clard
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Yeah, mine is just as good as my 3rd runs.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby clard » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 am

I ordered one of the new esp, and it is far less hss than my 3rd runs. I have 3 178-180 3rd runs that will hold pretty much dead straight to 300' on a flat release. My new one turns really early, and I really have to flip it to make it hold straight at all. jubuttib, how does yours fly, and what weight/color is it? Mine is 179 and pink.
clard
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:47 am

Mine's kinda sorta pink (it's not a really vibrant pink though), 176, and has as far as I can tell the same HSS as my 178 3rd Run, meaning just a slight turn when pulled hard. All of my 3rd runs have a slight turn, the only ones I've thrown that don't turn at all are Z Comets, and some X Comets.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Stringbean » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:17 am

I need to pick up a Comet. Three years in and I have never thrown one. Where should I start in terms of plastic / weight? My workhorse mid is a 167 gram QMS.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby JR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:28 am

Who knows since your bag and preferences are unknown. If slick is not a problem Z if it is ESP and if faster wearing to more flipping and straighter (yes even straighter finish) is needed X.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:31 pm

I'd go with a Z (they're the most neutral of the Comets), then add an X next to it.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby ranger » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:00 pm

ugh

me too
ranger
Noob

Favorite Disc: Nuke

Postby centipod » Sat May 10, 2014 11:07 am

Got my first Comet ace today! Green and sparkly 180g Elite X, 210 ft, under the hanging branches and smack bang in the middle of the chains! Oh its a beautiful thing! My buzzzes in the bag are getting fewer and fewer and the ones that are left are hardly used anymore. One newish overstable Z and one überflippy D.
centipod
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rattler and Comet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment