Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby aggietex08 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:38 pm

I tried to search this thread but couldn't find the order of stability difference between the plastics. I have recently switched to all latitude disc (I'm a bit OCD) and am currently throwing all Gold Lines with the exception of my recycled Pure (straightest flying putter ever) and soft sinus. Starting with most stable to least stable would it be...?
Opto
Zero Hard
Gold Line
Recycled
Zero Soft

Thanks for any feed back.
aggietex08
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pue

Postby aerodriver » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:52 pm

I would say recycled is more stable than Gold Line in my somewhat limited experience. I might rate it ahead in stability to Zero Hard as well. For me, Gold Line has always been the least stable of the plastics as far as being able to turn it over and having less HSS.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Postby aggietex08 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks, would recycled be more stable than Opto as well? Also what is HSS?
aggietex08
Noob

Postby aerodriver » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Not sure about that. I'd say Opto is most stable of them all.

HSS is shorthand for High Speed Stability, which by my understanding is how much the disc turns or tracks right after a clean release. For a disc with positive high speed stability, the line the disc travels at speed given the proper release is like a scythe or candy cane. A disc with negative high speed stability it looks more like a softened question mark.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Postby aggietex08 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Thanks aerodriver. I love my recycled pure but wanting something a bit more stable to throw off the tee on short holes as well as something for hyzer approaches.
aggietex08
Noob

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:27 pm

aggietex08 wrote:Thanks aerodriver. I love my recycled pure but wanting something a bit more stable to throw off the tee on short holes as well as something for hyzer approaches.

For winds, even the most stable Pure won't cut it. I love my flat champ Rhyno for those shots. Others on here can suggest options as well.

Another disc to consider is the Judge. It's a Pure with a small bead...or so I think. It has a bead that's really not too noticeable IMO. Now, it won't be nearly as overstable as a Rhyno, but it will be super straight like the Pure, with a little more bite at the end when new. For driving putters, I'm throwing: Champ Rhyno, Fuzion Judge, and a Classic Hard Judge (beat).

Your mileage may vary. Find a mold you like across all plastics and stages of wear and stick with it.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby limonsock » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 am

is a stag as overstable as a predator?
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Postby PMantle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:36 am

Pure with a bead is just not right. The profiles are not similar at all. If anything, the Pure is a Zone with shoulders to make less stable(over for you people that speak this way). I have some pics I think
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby zeike524 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:00 am

Stag is not overstable. Numbers are decieving. Very straight disc with some fade at the end. If a big arm throws it it will go right.

If looking for a rhyno type driving putter look at the Sinus.
zeike524
Noob

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 am

If you're looking for a more overstable Pure, try the PA2 from Prodigy. It's a great disc, but it doesn't cover the same amount of lines that the Pure does for me. It will certainly stand up to the wind better than any of my Pures will though.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby aggietex08 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:27 am

Thanks for the replies. I have a soft sinus I have thrown once but it felt weird to throw as a drive since its texture is soft. Too bad they don't make a GL, Opto or Recycled Sinus. The putter material just feels off if you are not putting for me, even the hard. Might just have to tone down my pain and see if that works.
aggietex08
Noob

Postby zeike524 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:07 am

They can't get the Sinus to a legal weight in the premium plastcs. So until they make a 175 air sinus ill just keep buying them every couple months or so.
zeike524
Noob

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:54 am

Jeronimo wrote:If you're looking for a more overstable Pure, try the PA2 from Prodigy. It's a great disc, but it doesn't cover the same amount of lines that the Pure does for me. It will certainly stand up to the wind better than any of my Pures will though.

I had a couple 10-15mph headwind drives around 270' this weekend with my PA2. Thrown flatish into that wind and they still faded a hair, great compliment to a straight flier like the pure or judge.

I tested the recycled pure for putter drives and found it to be equally HSS to my fusion judge but slightly less LSS, basically overlap. I really like the recycled's buzzz like feel in hand but prefer the judges bead for putting so I went all judge (fusion for drives, hard for upshots and putts, and soft for scary roll away greens).
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:20 am

How slick is the Fuzion Judge vs other plastics and other straight driving putters say MVP or Opto Pure?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 am

JR wrote:How slick is the Fuzion Judge vs other plastics and other straight driving putters say MVP or Opto Pure?

I would say just about the same honestly.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment