Night's bag for end of 2013

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Night's bag for end of 2013

Postby Nght12 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi! I've been playing for about 6 years but only the past 2 really competitively. As it is I'm trying to minimize my bag and find the molds I trust in the various categories. I just recently slimmed down the #of molds in distance drivers and looking to do the same in midranges. I only have 2 putter molds, and I'm happy with it. So here goes, I definitely welcome criticism and tips.

Distance drivers:

175 VIP boatman(some wear, strong heads winds and big hyzers)
174 VIP Northman (moderate headwinds, brand new)
174 Tournament Northman (new, go to driver, very slight headwinds and slight tailwind and no wind. Can flip up to flat from hyzer or throw flat and get a straight s)
175 Champ Beast (new, bigger tailwind and bigger s curves)

Fairway Drivers:

174 Proton Volt (got mid season, still very stable)
173 Neutron Amp(got beginning of some, some wear. Drives that finish right)

Mids:
176 Tournament Tursas
175-180? Glo Champ Coyote
178 Atlas
178 Ti Buzzz
175 Neutron Tensor

Putters:

2x 173-175 Soft Proton Anode
175 Soft Proton Ion
175 Proton Ion

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Nght12
Noob

Favorite Disc: Westside Northman

Re: Night's bag for end of 2013

Postby JR » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:01 pm

The mids overlap fewer would be better. How far do you throw? There are longer discs if you have the power. Lots of westside where are you from? I live in the same town where westside discs reside. Whar do you use when it is raining or cold for putting where the grip is loose? Soft x banger is very much like your putters except with grip.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Re: Night's bag for end of 2013

Postby Nght12 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:10 am

JR wrote:The mids overlap fewer would be better. How far do you throw? There are longer discs if you have the power. Lots of westside where are you from? I live in the same town where westside discs reside. Whar do you use when it is raining or cold for putting where the grip is loose? Soft x banger is very much like your putters except with grip.

I'm trying to slim down my mids and get my form in proper shape, I used to throw terns and prodigy drivers and I never felt like I had good control with them, they masked a lot of form issues. I get my distance drivers out to 350+ and my fairways out to about 300. Mids are in the 260-290 range. I like the feel of Westside plastic and I haven't had any problems with grip and moisture.

I live in Illinois which is fairly far away from Finland, but I would love to get my hands on the discs with the Finnish names instead of the English for pure badassness' sake.

Nght12
Noob

Postby DiscinFiend » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Your Distance Drivers, Fairways & Putters seem solid but I think you have to many molds & to much overlap in your Mids. I'd say go Tensor, Tursas & then just choose which stable Mid you like the bets between the Coyote, Atlas & Buzzz to pair with those two. If I were you I'd go Buzzz, it's a very versatile Mid that many people love & has stood the test of time. I have an Atlas & it's a good disc I'm just not overly impressed by it, my beat Roc out preforms it easily so I doubt it will stay in my bag. I haven't throw a Champ Coyote in awhile but from what I remember it was a pretty solid disc, I just didn't like how the rim felt in my hand but to each his own.
Grip A-Series
Destroyer - PD - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Roc - KC Aviar
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep
DiscinFiend
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Roc

Postby Nght12 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:59 pm

New update
Added a tournament boatman mainly in case I shank one and lose it in a tourney.

Coyote and atlas are gone. Toying with a warship I picked up, will see if that removes the buzz.

Nght12
Noob

Postby aerodriver » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 pm

If you're like me, you'll like the additional glide from the Warship. Although Buzzz is more point and shoot, the Warship is very reliable with a nice Roc-like fade.
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Postby JR » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 am

Warship is not reliable in winds and Ti Buzzz should be even more straight in the winds thus more reliable than the more common Z Buzzes. I cannot see how one could substitute the Buzz with the longer and flippier Warship.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby aerodriver » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:11 pm

JR wrote:Warship is not reliable in winds and Ti Buzzz should be even more straight in the winds thus more reliable than the more common Z Buzzes. I cannot see how one could substitute the Buzz with the longer and flippier Warship.

Haven't had any reliability issues with my Warship in two months of having it. I haven't flipped it either. It does Roc-like lines for me. :problem:
PDGA #59212
NEFA #1910
Team Trilogy
aerodriver
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Trident

Postby JR » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Wow that is way more os than any that i have heard of. Mine does not flip at about 200' but it does a lot at 320'.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Nght12 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:18 pm

I have yet to flip the warship. Added. Added an esp buzzz and removed the ti buzzz. Definitely a big difference in flight there.

Nght12
Noob

Postby Stringbean » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:43 pm

How so?
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby JR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:43 am

Can you post a picture of your Warship i want to see how the more overstable Warships look like compared to mine? Who knows i might find one like yours here in the town that the company resides in :-)
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Nght12 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:36 pm

JR wrote:Can you post a picture of your Warship i want to see how the more overstable Warships look like compared to mine? Who knows i might find one like yours here in the town that the company resides in :-)

For reference it is a sparkle vip. From throwing a lot of Westside I know that vip is a fair amount more stable than the tournament brethren.

Nght12
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:47 am

Thanks a lot. Mine is a VIP without the sparkles bought at the release of the disc. Not having it in the hand going from memory the top of the wing under the outer edge of the disc looks very different from mine. Dome height seems to be in the same ball park. I don't recall mine having as much horizontal flat spot before the wing begins. Also mine has a more gradual less steep wing curve indicating a less HSS disc. Now that i know what to look for shape wise i'm sure i can recognize a current model from initial ones. Yours is clearly more overstable in shape and looks more like a thinner Mace than a Warship of the initial kind. I had no idea they had changed the shape and much less in such a major way. Rarely have i seen such striking shape differences within a mold. I have no doubts that the current model flies much straighter. If it has retained the great glide and distance and takes winds it might beat the Shark3 and the King Cobra for straight long mids that don't flip. Unless it is an understable example. From what i hear most Shark3s and KCs are nice and straight even with some wind and the Shark3 is even better.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Nght12 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:59 am

JR wrote:Thanks a lot. Mine is a VIP without the sparkles bought at the release of the disc. Not having it in the hand going from memory the top of the wing under the outer edge of the disc looks very different from mine. Dome height seems to be in the same ball park. I don't recall mine having as much horizontal flat spot before the wing begins. Also mine has a more gradual less steep wing curve indicating a less HSS disc. Now that i know what to look for shape wise i'm sure i can recognize a current model from initial ones. Yours is clearly more overstable in shape and looks more like a thinner Mace than a Warship of the initial kind. I had no idea they had changed the shape and much less in such a major way. Rarely have i seen such striking shape differences within a mold. I have no doubts that the current model flies much straighter. If it has retained the great glide and distance and takes winds it might beat the Shark3 and the King Cobra for straight long mids that don't flip. Unless it is an understable example. From what i hear most Shark3s and KCs are nice and straight even with some wind and the Shark3 is even better.

I'm able to get full power behind it. Inbounds rates it at 315 feet in terms of labeled flight path difference and that's close to what I get, it's straight and has yet to flip in the wind, but I don't get really hard core headwinds in my neck of the woods. I love it so far.

Nght12
Noob

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion