Lucky and incredible throws

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Lucky and incredible throws

Postby luma » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:30 am

I'd like to start a thread where everyone can post lucky or amazing throws he caught on tape. Not just aces and stuff, but for example an ace after a tree kick, or something like my throw last weekend (Throw of my life so far :D :D :D ):

As the description in youtube says: The 6th hole of the German National Championship Finals 2013. At that point I'm tied for 2nd place with two others. On a golf line my Max Drive length is around 120-125 m so I had to go for the huge anhyzer. Wasn't a bad throw but just not long enough to carry the ceiling on the other side of the lake. You can't figure out what happened from the first angle, but the second camera caught it on tape (see it slowed down at the end of the video).
After all it was one of a couple lucky shots that secured me the 2nd place. Sometimes luck wins over skill....
luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Re: Lucky and incredible throws

Postby JR » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Congratulations it is pretty damn incredible to place so well with so little time in the sport. There are many great players in Germany after all.

Off the top of my head the craziest throw i have filmed was Arttu Sikanen at the President's Cup 2013 on SpinTV.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique