salient driver

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

salient driver

Postby money 21 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:27 am

i picked up a salient prometheus (sure i spelled that wrong) driver in trade the other day it is huge and heavy. I can't throw it any father then other drivers but that probabley because of the weight. It was very stable (as in flies very straight) with a mild late fade. Where it was really doing something different was as a fh roller it realley stands up well.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: salient driver

Postby Mike C » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:18 pm

It took me a few throws to get used to the feel of mine, but once I got comfortable with it I had some nice flights. Wasn't going quite as far as my seasoned 175g Quasar, but there is an 11g difference between the two and the Quasar is less overstable as well.

Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby jubuttib » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:54 am

Funny, I thought the maximum allowed rim width was 25 mm, but apparently not so, since the Prometheus and Double D have 26 mm rims.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:08 am

I thought so too. The Ninja had a 2.9cm rim, and couldn't get approved because of it.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby Yig » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:23 am

A local shop called WYSIWYG in Manhattan , IL. had the Prometheus when I stopped in the other day. They have a large field out back and allow you to test out used discs and they have a few new demo discs.

The Prometheus' they had for sale and demo are like a Blizzard or Opto Air style plastic , and the demo unit I tried out was 168g.

I only tried a few throws with it, and never felt like I had a good launch. I typically have trouble throwing wide rimmed discs, so I knew this wouldn't be any different. That said, I could throw it much further than I can throw a Destroyer or a Groove , RHBH.

If you can handle a wide rimmed high speed disc, I would think the Prometheus might be worth looking into .

I ended up buying a used Flick 2.5 to use for RHFH drives. :oops: Prometheus is not for me at this point.
DX Birdie 175g, Opto Pure 170g, VIP Warship 168g, DX Leopard 146g, Medium Trak 157g, Medium Lace 163g, RHBH , RHFH , RHOH

Just friggin do it.
Yig
Noob

Favorite Disc: Old Champ Cobra

Return to Equipment