Grip Enhancers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Grip Enhancers

Postby mgilbert » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for something to improve grip - not just for sweaty hands, but for the harder plastic discs in cold weather? I found a little information on a product called Chucker's Chalk, but isn't that only for improving grip when discs and hands are wet? I've also read about Gorilla Gold towels, which are used primarily by golfers, but they are fairly expensive. Any suggestions?
mgilbert
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cobra

Re: Grip Enhancers

Postby JR » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:01 am

Gorilla has beeswax in it and that is not too expensive. Idk how well the gorilla works since i have not seen it over here. Electrical warmers are often too weak. Ten and more watts is ok. Mark Ellis has experience of a different stuff that seems not to be available either.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Spinthrift » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:39 am

Bowlers grip cream works very well, and it only takes a very small amount. I paid $2 for it at a local bowling lanes.
http://www.buddiesproshop.com/p-276-col ... ually.aspx
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby mgilbert » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:43 am

Spinthrift wrote:Bowlers grip cream works very well, and it only takes a very small amount. I paid $2 for it at a local bowling lanes.
http://www.buddiesproshop.com/p-276-col ... ually.aspx

Thanks. I'm going to give that a try. I've ordered a couple of them.
mgilbert
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cobra

Postby JR » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:31 pm

How well does that work in the rain and freezing conditions? Not that i have found a supply in my country and i did look.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment