My Form

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

My Form

Postby 5QU166Y » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 am

I throw my Avengers 400' consistently, my Nuke 420' consistently, and my max distance with the Nuke is somewhere around 440' or 450'. Any input is appreciated.
5QU166Y
Noob

Re: My Form

Postby JR » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:42 am

Welcome you have good distance already and many good things in your technique. You can add the speed of the disc by reaching back farther if you look directly away from the target in the farthest point of the reach back. That allows the shoulders to turn farther back giving you a little more pull length by pushing the disc farther back. The longer the arm pull the faster and longer the throw.

Your left leg left the ground a little earlier than the disc ripped from the hand and there is some distance to be gained by either keeping the leg on the ground until after the rip or doing the Feldy kick. Which is moving the left foot at the height of the right knee from back to front and left to right parallel to the right knee or even more forward.

The arm would snap harder for more distance and spin on the disc=later fade, more flight time=longer flight if you move the right elbow closer to the target before straightening it. That happens when you increase the duration of the pause between the two stages of turning the body from reach back to the rip. They are the legs based first 90 degrees of turn so that the disc comes to the left side without moving the arm then the pause during which the body and legs do not turn much at all when the knees, navel and nose point to the left of the tee and the arm moves from the shoulder socket so that the disc comes to the right pec ending the pause. From there on the left leg pushes hard to start the second part of the body rotation and you know the rest.

Your final step length is for a faster run up because the shoulders were farther behind the leg leaving you leaning back. That raises the front of the disc adding drag making the disc slow down climbing up killing speed, glide and distance. You do not need to move much to become upright at the time of the rip.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique