Your thoughts on Champ TL vs Opto Saint

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Your thoughts on Champ TL vs Opto Saint

Postby Yig » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Not necessarily which is "better", but how do you feel they compare to each other. Just curious what others thought. It has been quite a while since I owned a TL.
Last edited by Yig on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DX Birdie 175g, Opto Pure 170g, VIP Warship 168g, DX Leopard 146g, Medium Trak 157g, Medium Lace 163g, RHBH , RHFH , RHOH

Just friggin do it.
Yig
Noob

Favorite Disc: Old Champ Cobra

Re: Your thoughts on Champ TL vs Opto Saint

Postby JR » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:22 pm

I cannot honestly compare them because my Saint is a blue gl that often are way flippier than other colors and plastics. My champ tl ca handle a little headwind being heavy but i get at best past 400' with fast discs. Considering your bag and the variations in Saints the air version makes me wary to comment. It could be anything stability wise because air discs are hard to make.

The TL is a straight then fade disc. Some Saints are that and others s curvers from hearsay. Mine is a roller at my power but with a lot of fade when flipped to flat for such an understable early part of the flight mileage varies based on the individual disc.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion