150 Lovers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby JohnnyBee » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm Loving my 150 Sparkle QOLF for FH as I'm working on that now. My PD's may be getting a little nervous. I also have a 155 Opto Air Saint I forgot I got earlier in the year that I will take and see how it flies. Also digging the 150 champ Mamba's, have had some bombs with them.
PD / Valkryie / Teebird / Eagle L / Leopard /Comet / Tensor / Tangent / Anode / Zone
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby JohnnyBee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:05 pm

I have been trying the Marmoset lineup and going all 150-159 for all my discs the past 2 weeks to see how mids and putters fly for me also. picked up a 150 Dx Rhyno to go with my Polecat, Ridge and Summit. I have a couple Ibex and an Obex, along with a couple of Dx Rocs I will throw. Still getting a handle on the mids in this weight, but I have been rocking the Ridge. Plus it is hilarious to see them in the wind, but I am making adjustments like I have for the past 3 years with my 150 drivers. I know I am one of the few who throws these, but I'm having fun and that's all i care about.

I would love to see 150 MVP products, but don't really think it will happen

ROCK ON 150's 8)
PD / Valkryie / Teebird / Eagle L / Leopard /Comet / Tensor / Tangent / Anode / Zone
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby Monocacy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:07 am

JohnnyBee wrote:I would love to see 150 MVP products, but don't really think it will happen

I would even settle for 160-165 MVP products. Lack of lightweight discs is what drove MVP out of my bag. It's a shame because they make some great discs. Tangent is the last holdout, but I'm hoping that a stable premium putter can take its place.

I still throw Banshee and Diamond in the low-mid 150s, but drivers in the low 160s seem to be the sweet spot for me (Star Mamba, Star TL).
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby money 21 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:36 am

discrafts limited 150 weight disc has limited some of there molds out of my bag. i used surges for years as my main distance disc and would still be if they came in a plastic besides d at 150. ( i am not counting the 150 class x surges that wre out a couple years ago). the one real good 150 drive i have found from discraft is the avenger in both esp and x. as these beat in i can see them pushing the vaulks and solfs out of the bag.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JohnnyBee » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Monocacy wrote:
JohnnyBee wrote:I would love to see 150 MVP products, but don't really think it will happen

I would even settle for 160-165 MVP products. Lack of lightweight discs is what drove MVP out of my bag. It's a shame because they make some great discs. Tangent is the last holdout, but I'm hoping that a stable premium putter can take its place.

I still throw Banshee and Diamond in the low-mid 150s, but drivers in the low 160s seem to be the sweet spot for me (Star Mamba, Star TL).

Yes, I would be happy with those weights to. I have a Neutron Tensor at 166 and Tangent at 167, a couple of Stormtrooper Opaque Proton Ions at 165-67, and a couple of 168 Anodes, but would love to see something a little lighter out of all of them. I am more consistent with my mids around 165-170, and have a few in that range. i'm messing around with the 150 mids to see if I'm missing anything. I will probably keep at least one 150 putter in my bag for long putts.

i was surprised by my 150 rhyno today, being the first one I had thrown, but very consistent for me. Despite the 150 tryout, I am still carrying my security blanket of Tangent/ Tensor / Anode in the bag to compare.
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby slowarm » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey all you 150 Lovers!

I just noticed that Innova has released Starlite Teebird. Anyone thrown these? Curious bout how they fly compared to a 150-class DX Teebirds.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby Monocacy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:56 pm

I haven't thrown one, but 150 Star Teebirds are pretty beefy until they get seasoned.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:09 pm

I throw a 150g Champ Teebird for some fairway shots. It has the same stablity and fade as heavier ones, in my experience. I like using the lighter weight because the courses I usually play have horrible footing everywhere but the teepad.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby JohnnyBee » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 pm

I have yet to try a 150 StarLite Teebird, I have 3 regular 150 Stars plus 2 Champs. The Stars rock, I love them, and even have got a buddy interested in them since he borrowed one a couple of times when we did 2 disc rounds for beer, using the same 2 discs each, 150 Teebirds and a 150 Rhyno or Polecat.

They are awesome discs, and now i am starting to snag up any regular 150's before Innova starts to Blizzard or StarLite everything.

I will have to give a 150 StarLite a try though, everyone I have seen has a huge dome on it, might as well try one to check the differences and durability.
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby slowarm » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:37 am

I occasionally carry only 150-class low speed drivers (usually when my form is a mess and I want to relearn to throw smoothly) and am very, very fond of flat DX Teebirds. Never seen a Starlite Teebird yet, but I'm disappointed to hear they have huge dome.

Thanks for the info, I won't be ordering these online. Maybe I just stick to DXs or grab a Star TB if I'm able to find a light one.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:45 am

My star 150 tb is the thinnest i have seen. Dx is taller and seeing the way taller dome on the Starlite no thanks. The champs and dxs i have are heavy so i do not know how the dome influences the stability. Are the flatter tbs more hss like Bosses and fbs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby slowarm » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:33 am

JR wrote: Are the flatter tbs more hss like Bosses and fbs.

Don't know if that was a question or not, but my 150-class flattish dx Teebirds are surprisingly stable, although not even close to my max weight champ teebirds. Anyway, I can throw them up to 90-95 meters and with a very small hyzer release they are dead straight with a harsh late fade. This is how they behave when I'm able to rip them smoothly. If I try to rip them as hard as I can (with a fast run-up that just messes up everything) they'll just turn and burn.

I bought them a couple of years ago and the dx plastic is super hard. Don't know if this old or new run (no flight chart) or if it affects the flight in any way.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks apparently there ae some champs that are way overstabler than mine that have less dome than most DXs i have seen but Brinster stamped ones are reputedly more OS. I have not checked them out yet in person to see if they are flatter. But i have overstabler kind of C FD for slow less than Pred/FB OS discs anyway so i am not too keen on to try them since i don't even carry that C FD normally.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JohnnyBee » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:24 pm

I recently got my grubby mitts on 2 Soft Anodes @ 161g from Marshall Street, played around with them Thursday, flew awesome, more glide than my 168-170s, and I just received a 158 Soft Anode from Disc Nation , but I wont be able to mess around with it for a bit. Gonna put them through their paces the few weeks to see how they compare.

It warms my heart to see some lower weight MVP lately, fits in beautifully with my bag.
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 pm

That is nice to hear. Should make long putts easier. How do they hold height and how much less power you need for at the circle and longer putts? How much less HSS they are in calm conditons? I assume they cannot stand up to drives in winds. Is that correct?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment