Dynamic Discs line of discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Dynamic Discs line of discs

Postby zeike524 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:40 am

They start out more stable than the other plastics in my experience and take longer to beat in than your typical dx plastic.
zeike524
Noob

Postby JR » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:53 am

I tried the soft Warden yesterday for drives only and already think it is the best regularly available driving putter so far. Caveat: I have thrown one special version putter that is more HSS by a great deal with only a fraction more HSS but they were sold out when i got to try one out. But really the Warden is so HSS that it can take some headwinds but i did not get to test it out throughly. It was a windy day though but i was not on a field that i have accurate distances on and was clothed well thanks to the just above freezing temperature. So i was not able to produce full power but the Warden flew as far as the soft Judge i used as a comparison.

I was not able to flip it in fairly heavy headwinds and moderate headwinds BH but needed to give it some initial hyzer FH which was a no brainer to toss grip releaase clenliness wise. As was bh. For a disc that tall it leaves cleaner out of my hand than any other. So safety margin against that user error is nice. The fade exhibits itself on taller sots with the rear wind but normal heights can be thrown very sraight indeed and no fade shots can be thrown fairly high. Tall annies can pull out of 5 degree angle but regular heights with 5 degree angle keeps that angle to the ground thrown at 360-370' driver D. Hyzers to any height keep the angle and flat shots are easy to make. What's not to like? The only thing it could use is more HSS to tackle more winds but it is good enough as is when complemented with a beefier disc anyway so it is not a fault in the Warden IMO. The shape and size fits small hands fairly well and moderate ones nicely and i think it is not too small for larger hands.

One out of the four ones at the store was a little stiffer and less tacky but i imagine it too cannot cope with stones. The grip seems good enough for winter and wet conditions and for durability there is the harder slicker classic Warden so what's not to like? Try one.

I did not putt with it because the ground is freezing up and i had to use all the time to see how drives worked with the Warden and the World vs familiar yardsticks. The result is that i am switcing to Warden. There are other great straight driving putters like Anodes but they are fuzzy about releases and slick 2/3 of the year here and in the rain during the rest of the year. The previous cold weather driving putter for me was the soft X Banger GT which is still not as grippy and it is a huge issue in our temps. APX and Rattler don't have the HSS and neither do Warlocks and no Wizard fades as little and Aviars and the more HSS ones of those especially are difficult to release cleanly for me consistently. P2s can have release issues for shorter fngers and normal ones flip a hair more in headwinds and all of them fade harder than the Warden. Ridge is great in windier conditions but has way too much fade for many places and after a year they are not nearly as grippy. Soles fade more and suffer from drying up to slicker over time with release issues from the tallness for smaller hands.

Really there is nothing quite like the Warden. It is more pure than the Pure in holding lines and being more HSS and the same or less LSS the Warden has it beat. The Judge might have a hair more HSS but it has too much LSS for tighter shorter holes where the Judge finds the left side. Push up the power and the Warden does not turn.

I try to keep it objective and the only fault i have noticed so far is my test setup. I'd like to be able throw at full power in the summer. Hardly the fault of the disc. Calm weather would make throwing even easier and since it survived in pretty bad winds i feel confident about the disc. It should be available forever because it is hard to improve upon it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Stringbean » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 am

I have a hard classic Judge... it beat in real quick to a straight flyer. I will probably pick up a Judge in fuzion plastic and pair it with a Warden. Bookends will be VP and Summit.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby JR » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:21 am

I bought a GBO Fuzion Judge and it is too slippery in cold and moist conditions but sould last a good while. Hard classic is too slick for me still. There may be beneifts from a couple of tackiness increasing agents that have found their way to Finland that would relax the requirements of disc tackiness possibly. Which would tip the edge in favor of the Fuzion and hard plastics for longevity reasons. Without grip enhancers i need to throw indoors or waitfor the next season to see what the Fuzion Judge really does. The Wrden is just amazing and sorry to say tothe guys at MVP you were at least matched if not beaten by a new Soft Warden in flight alone disregarding the tackiness from the equation where the Soft Warden eats up anything MVP alive in cold and wet conditions. AS a consumer competition is great - i won when DD won with getting such a great driving putter. Cheers!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby PMantle » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Got another DD two disc challenge coming up. Must buy 2, but I may do the 3 or 4 option depending on what I have. They let you use any DD stuff you already have. So, I'll show up with a small bag filled with
Trespass fusion
Renegades X 3
Escape bio
Truth bio
Fugitive classic
Suspect lucid
Soft Judge

Will buy a Warden if they have it. Not sure what else. Don't think the Verdict is ready for retail yet. If so, it's a no-brainer.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby zeike524 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 am

Prototype and First run lucid verdicts went up last night.
zeike524
Noob

Postby PMantle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 am

zeike524 wrote:Prototype and First run lucid verdicts went up last night.

Last time the guys came through, they were prize only. Really hope they are part of what we can pick this time.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zeike524 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 am

Its for sale on the website and at the dynamic discs lewisville store. Dont see why not
zeike524
Noob

Postby PMantle » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:37 am

The $22 for Verdict and Warden would be a no-brainer. Maybe another Fugitive in better plastic. My classic is pretty flippy.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zeike524 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:40 am

Yeah i don't throw one but have a few guys that swear by the hybrid plastic for fugitive
zeike524
Noob

Postby JR » Tue May 06, 2014 10:48 pm

I am not healthy and my stamina is down after a long period of being sick and half a year of not throwing. After 45 holes on a flat course with several multiple disc drives per tee and other practice throws i was tired and tossed a full tilt practice throw with my Classic Warden in a good rear wind to 313'. That is pretty far for me considering i do not normally get past 300' with putters in calm weather and the Warden is not the longest putter. It gets pushed forward well in rear winds and seems to maintain height well. Not in putts though compared to Prodigy PA 1 and Nova especially. I was constantly hitting the top of the basket with the Nova and hitting the basket with the PA 1 and missing low with the Warden if i was not close to the basket.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Is it true that a Warden is more stable than a Judge?
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JR » Sat May 10, 2014 7:17 am

I have issues with getting clean releases with beaded discs and tall ones. Double trouble for discs with both. So i do not trust myself here but with two finger power grip the Judge on a good throw does not flip at full power. The same as with the Warden. Neither takes kindly to head winds and the Judge has a slight edge in hss then. In calm weather i do not flip the Warden unless it is from my own mistake. The Warden fades less and neither does so by a lot at all in drives.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:46 am

JR wrote:I have issues with getting clean releases with beaded discs and tall ones. Double trouble for discs with both. So i do not trust myself here but with two finger power grip the Judge on a good throw does not flip at full power. The same as with the Warden. Neither takes kindly to head winds and the Judge has a slight edge in hss then. In calm weather i do not flip the Warden unless it is from my own mistake. The Warden fades less and neither does so by a lot at all in drives.

So pretty much same stability then? Been out in the sun all week,brain is fried. :lol:
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JR » Sun May 11, 2014 3:10 am

I would give a slight edge in hss to the Judge and the lss is noticeably less with the Warden in tight places but basically yes. Almost. For some the difference might be enough to pick one or the other and for others not. For me the thinner beadless design was more important than the flight differences so i went with the Warden.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment