Tell me about the lat 64 fury

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Tell me about the lat 64 fury

Postby 7ontheline » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 pm

I had a couple nice hyzer flip ups to turnovers this weekend with my 173 first run yellow opto. I'd turn it down a few degrees aim 30' left of neutral and with 30' height the Fury would slowly turnover past neutral at 275' without fade into a 10mph headwind. On a similar left to right line thrown hard with a couple degrees hyzer down a 40' elevation change and a slight right to left pushing wind the opto was moving close to 70' laterally to 360' with late fade. Had it not ticked the last tree I was trying to throw around I suspect it would have flexed back for more distance but still right of neutral. In a left to right tailwind and 80' high anny line the opto panned out over 350'. I've also got a fresher orangey-red 173 opto misprint production stamp that turns a hair less (not broken in yet) that compared to my seasoned yellow on the same line in calm conditions will fade an extra 15' over the last 10% of its flight on a 300' hyzer flip to turnover ending 10' right of neutral.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby logjammin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 am

The Fury reminds me a lot of the Discmania FD Jackal. It will hold a line for a very long time. The Fury seems more sensitive to release angle, though. Just a slight (inadvertent) hyzer or anhyzer will send it zipping away left or right. Especially with the nose up.
logjammin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cheetah

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:38 am

The C-FDs I've thrown were stable straight with late fade, like a new star or seasoned champ TL. My new S-FDs flew like seasoned QJLSs or shorter sidewinders in that they'd turn when powered up but also fade.

Unless you turn down a heavy opto fury with a lot of hyzer and aim high and well left, its gonna burn out early with over 300' power. Not a headwind disc unless you normally throw leopards less than 250'.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:38 am

My C FD belongs to the more OS group having a fairly early and fairly hard fade. People whose skills and reviews i trust have had straighter longer C FDs so i think we have a different disc 7ontheline. Mine is closer to PD at slower speed and less distance. The Fury is way way less HSS than the kind of C FD i have because the Fury turns in calm weather and the C FD takes headwinds without flipping thrown at 400'+ warp speeder power. The Fury is way longer going to 400' with much less and later fade.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:30 pm

FWIW my 1st run C-FD is just a slightly more stable S-FD, it has a clear turn, just not as big as the S-FD has, and a late fade. The 2nd runs are a whole other disc.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:33 am

How does one recognize first and second runs from each other? It is a good piece of information considering how different the second runs are in having boatloads more overstability. Dome height and PLH should vary but how and are there other distinguishing features?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby aggietex08 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:19 am

I think the fury and river fly the same lines and distances for me in gl plastics. I love my fury for right fade bh shots. It feels a bit more comfortable in my hand too.
aggietex08
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pue

Postby JR » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:07 am

I see a clear speed advantage with the Fury with a little less fade and much more distance with more high speed stability and fade still remaining quite straight. The River is odd in the power requirement going far with little power until wanting to go to 400' where it needs a lot of power all of a sudden. The power requirement of the Fury is much more linear.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby logjammin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:48 am

JR wrote:How does one recognize first and second runs from each other?

Are you talking about fury? I have one that is stamped "1st run."
logjammin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cheetah

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:03 am

Fury is surprisingly long for a slower, blunt edged driver. Chalk it up to the superior glide. Personally, I don't like the Fury...the blunt edge, the straight "L" wing, the lack of control(stability). Some say longer Valkyrie, but the Valkyrie(Champ and Star) is much straighter and more controllable, IMO.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:14 am

JR wrote:I see a clear speed advantage with the Fury with a little less fade and much more distance with more high speed stability and fade still remaining quite straight. The River is odd in the power requirement going far with little power until wanting to go to 400' where it needs a lot of power all of a sudden. The power requirement of the Fury is much more linear.

Agree, I don't see the Fury/River comparison. River is larger diameter and slower. Fury is like a Saint L. I'd like to see an aggressive German driver hit the market...maybe call it the 'Blitzkrieg'? :wink:
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Love this disc. I have a 175 that is more stable and my 167 that is used for controlled S shots and understable turnover drives.

When the Wind is not howling I can take my 175 put it on a small hyzer angle and get it to around 380ft pretty consistently. I have hit over 400ft a few times with it. The 167 is strictly used for in the woods. It flips up a little more so it works out perfect for me in the woods.

I like to think of the Fury as a Valkyrie on steroids.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am

The Fury's an easy to throw driver with big glide. Agree with your "Valkyrie" comment. The only thing I didn't like is that it seems slow for a driver, which I attribute to its pretty blunt edge.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:22 am

BentElbow11 wrote:The Fury's an easy to throw driver with big glide. Agree with your "Valkyrie" comment. The only thing I didn't like is that it seems slow for a driver, which I attribute to its pretty blunt edge.

Yeah it does look very slow in flight. Then you finally realize how far it went and you go,"how did that happen". It almost puts you in the mind of a faster Comet just because of how it looks like it is going nowhere and then it just amazes you when you get there how far it went. Cyclones are like that for me too.

This thing is pretty much my main driver. Great disc indeed.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 am

UncleBrother2001 wrote:
BentElbow11 wrote:The Fury's an easy to throw driver with big glide. Agree with your "Valkyrie" comment. The only thing I didn't like is that it seems slow for a driver, which I attribute to its pretty blunt edge.

Yeah it does look very slow in flight. Then you finally realize how far it went and you go,"how did that happen". It almost puts you in the mind of a faster Comet just because of how it looks like it is going nowhere and then it just amazes you when you get there how far it went. Cyclones are like that for me too.

This thing is pretty much my main driver. Great disc indeed.

"Yeah it does look very slow in flight. Then you finally realize how far it went and you go,"how did that happen".

Exactly! It looks like it's plodding out there and then the distance is surprisingly long. I only used my Fury once at a course, on longer holes(400+ ft) and it was always longer than I thought, based on how slow it looked while flying. I dropped it from my bag pretty quick when I picked up a Lucid Renegade. The Renegade is a great driver! Fast, slightly understable, and superb glide.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment