Innova Tern

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Innova Tern

Postby PMantle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:13 pm

When I go to DD in September, I am going to be on a mission to find a more stable(yes, I'm one of those) Renegade. Hope to find some higher PLH ones than what I have, but still be close to or under 170.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:32 pm

PMantle wrote:When I go to DD in September, I am going to be on a mission to find a more stable(yes, I'm one of those) Renegade. Hope to find some higher PLH ones than what I have, but still be close to or under 170.

Sweet! 11,6,0,0 Renegades! Let me know how that goes for you :wink:
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 pm

PMantle wrote:When I go to DD in September, I am going to be on a mission to find a more stable(yes, I'm one of those) Renegade. Hope to find some higher PLH ones than what I have, but still be close to or under 170.

I played minis tonight with a guy who said his bio-fusion renegades were more stable than his lucids.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby PMantle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:29 pm

7ontheline wrote:

I played minis tonight with a guy who said his bio-fusion renegades were more stable than his lucids.

Interesting. Not taken a chance on a bio since I assumed the opposite.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 am

PMantle wrote:
7ontheline wrote:

I have an EMac renegade, which I assume is close to Bio, and it takes 100% to make it fly as advertised. I love it.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby PMantle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:17 am

Looks like another PayPal hit later today.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:33 am

166 and 175 are L winged thus very speed stable in the wind. Somewhat longer Beast like but for everything but more fade and flexing out of annies the Crank is the superior disc. Details of my first test with both molds in the Crank thread posted on this day. With that said the Tern in Champ is a very good disc when not thrown into front quarter winds. Not quite as great as the shorter slower Beast for straight shots and placement nor as reliable, straight and on average long as the Crank. Still a very formidable disc so it comes down to what you need, like and have in the bag what to use the Tern, Crank, D3, high PLH domey VIP King or something along those lines.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby money 21 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:19 pm

has anyone thrown the starlite terns yet?
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby logjammin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:55 am

I have a starlite tern. It seems a lot like the regular star tern except that it floats upward easier and maybe glides even longer. I thought it might be ridiculously understable like a starlite valk I have, but it doesn't turn and burn.
logjammin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cheetah

Postby PMantle » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:05 am

logjammin wrote:I have a starlite tern. It seems a lot like the regular star tern except that it floats upward easier and maybe glides even longer. I thought it might be ridiculously understable like a starlite valk I have, but it doesn't turn and burn.

I bought a 150 Star Valk thinking it would be the longest and flippiest Valk I'd ever thrown. It's the most overstable Valk I've ever thrown. I have no use for a very light overstable disc, so it will either be tuned, or collect dust.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Monocacy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:01 pm

PMantle wrote:I bought a 150 Star Valk thinking it would be the longest and flippiest Valk I'd ever thrown. It's the most overstable Valk I've ever thrown. I have no use for a very light overstable disc, so it will either be tuned, or collect dust.

I used to pair 150 Star (stable) and Champ (understable) Valks. It was a nice combo, and covered all of my distance needs at the time. I have been seduced by high-speed understable discs, though - first the Champ Mamba, and now the Star Tern.

Low-160s Star Terns fly a lot like my old 150 Star Valks - nice tight S-curve, hyzer-flip to straight with fade, and anhyzers that (usually) come back or at least pan out. The Terns just fly farther.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby mf100forever » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 am

Tern X test runs in different materials:
https://discgolfvalues.com/TernX.html
(disc-) gracefully yours, PDGA# 3418
http://www.discgolfsweden.se/english/index.aspx
mf100forever
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MF100

Postby ranger » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 am

PMantle wrote:
7ontheline wrote:

this is the same for the trespass (for me at least)
ranger
Noob

Favorite Disc: Nuke

Postby PMantle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 am

ranger wrote:
PMantle wrote:
7ontheline wrote:

this is the same for the trespass (for me at least)

For me(limited number obviously) Lucid is more stable than bio in both Renegade and Trespass. Been throwing Terns more lately though.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby PMantle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Now throwing 4 Terns. Two Champs, a GStar and Star. Love them.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment