150 Lovers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:00 pm

JohnnyBee wrote:I also went through my modest collection of discs, and found that I have a 155 Flying Squirrel that I bought ...well I don't remember when, but I am going to have to throw that in the 150 tryouts bag. That may cover understable to stable mid. I know they are hard to find, think I got it from Clearwater during tax return season 2 years ago and forgot about it. I can't give you feed back on it, because I haven't thrown it recently. I would love to find VIP Air Warships I hear are out there, but haven't found one.

(So there you go, more info for you FTT, that will not help at all until I throw them more )

No worries. Yeah, the arctic air finally left Charlotte, NC. It got above freezing today...though I don't think we can really complain.

Thanks for the info. It's all helpful regardless.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:12 pm

To me the 150 QOLF and TB are the best straighter drivers in 150 and the PD is the beefier mandatory counterpart for some winds. Too bad discs vary a lot so the Wizards in all weights have always been a little different in material and naming conventions but probably not too bad flight wise. My Star Leo heavy is more overstable than my Champ and not turning at all in calm weather at full power but earlier and harder fade for less D than the C Leo. Heavy Star Valk is very much more OS than Champ but i have not thrown the Star in 150 so i cannot compare from experience. With disc variations who knows about individual discs but for the majority my impression is that Star Leos and Valks are more overstable than Champs so i was surprised to get a tacky softer swirly Star Leo as a backup and wet weather disc for a solid harder red Star Leo and have the softer disc flip the same as the Champ Leos. 150 Eagle in star is nice too. I had a 175 SEX that was almost a Firebird and would not budge in stiff headwinds at full power and older one flipped like Eagles were designed to back in the day when they were designed. YMMV based on the individual disc.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks for the rundown JR. Good stuff.

I'm stoked on what I picked up so far. Two early run S PDs, an old run flat Champ Valk, a new run domey Champ Valk, and a friend is letting me test out a Diamond and flat Star Leopard. Excited to toss these once my hand heals up.

Anyone know how well the Diamond stacks up next to Leopards? I assume the Diamond is more understable than the Leopard, but can you find Diamonds that are less understable? Just curious.

Edit - saw that they make Moonshine Diamonds. Any info on how these fly?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MrScoopa » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:59 am

Love my 150gm Moonshine diamond. Out of the box hyzer-flip to complete turnover with small fade at the end. I find this shot very fun to throw.

Great for shots where I need to go straight for around 200' then suddenly go dog-leg right. Its a easier shot for me to consistently hit than a normal turnover with a stable disc, or even one under-stable.

The diamond will fly similar to a 150gm dx leopard, but with more glide. And of course more durable.
T-SWORD, C-ORC, C-FD, S-TL, C-Roadrunner, Z-Buzz, O-Fuse, M-ION
MrScoopa
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:16 am

MrScoopa wrote:Love my 150gm Moonshine diamond. Out of the box hyzer-flip to complete turnover with small fade at the end. I find this shot very fun to throw.

Great for shots where I need to go straight for around 200' then suddenly go dog-leg right. Its a easier shot for me to consistently hit than a normal turnover with a stable disc, or even one under-stable.

The diamond will fly similar to a 150gm dx leopard, but with more glide. And of course more durable.

Do you know if Moonshine a Diamonds are more stable than Opto?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 am

The Leo I picked up is an older-run, flat Star with the old half-circle "*Innova Factory Second" stamp and has patent number tooling. I can't throw it for about a month, so if any of you have these old, flat Star Leopards let me know what I should look forward to.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MrScoopa » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:05 am

Do you know if Moonshine a Diamonds are more stable than Opto?

I read they are, but I haven't personally tried one. My mom has one; I am going to give it a toss out of curiosity.
T-SWORD, C-ORC, C-FD, S-TL, C-Roadrunner, Z-Buzz, O-Fuse, M-ION
MrScoopa
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Postby money 21 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:48 pm

If you can find the 150 esp and x avengers they are sweet. As beefy as thhrer heavier brothers.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 am

Mine were not back when i threw 380'. The difference in hss was not large and the lss kicked in later so a lower shot had less sideways movement and the glide allowed lower lines because the ground would get closer as quickly. So you would get great distance no matter the height. When i got to 400' and over the stability became a concern.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby money 21 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 pm

i am more of a 350 thrower and the avengers work great. also have a 154 flick that my be the most over stable disc i have ever thrown good wind fighter and great thumber disc.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:47 am

At 350' they are good in HSS until a headwind gets to moderate amounts.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby money 21 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Anyone throw the star lite wraiths much yet. A friend gave me a 132 the other a I was able to throw it in a field today. I was getting some hyzer flip bombs out of it.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JohnnyBee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:47 pm

money 21 wrote:Anyone throw the star lite wraiths much yet. A friend gave me a 132 the other a I was able to throw it in a field today. I was getting some hyzer flip bombs out of it.

I started using a 156 Starlite late last year and was loving it, using it for my distance driver over the PD. Was getting some nice distance with it and since it was a little higher in weight, it felt better than the 147 Blizzard Wraith I messed around with. Was not flippy for me.. I'm not using distance drivers right now, resting the arm and working on some form with the Teebird/Leopard combo right now.
PD / Valkryie / Teebird / Eagle L / Leopard /Comet / Tensor / Tangent / Anode / Zone
JohnnyBee
Noob

Postby money 21 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:40 pm

i picked up a ruby the other day through some trading. it is a little to undrstable for what i am looking for but feels great in the hand. Is the ruby similar to any of the other lat.64 putter in feel that come in heavier weights?
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JohnnyBee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:26 pm

I have been trying out the new MVP drivers that they have released in the 150 class. Loving the Switch so far, and have had good luck FH with the Servo. I'm auditioning the Tesla's to try out against my healthy stack of SPDs, and they do seem similar, but need to invest more time with them head to head. The Inertia is puzzling at times, had some beautiful throws and quite a few turn and burns, still trying to find the happy medium with it. Gonna keep the Valks around still.
PD / Valkryie / Teebird / Eagle L / Leopard /Comet / Tensor / Tangent / Anode / Zone
JohnnyBee
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment