OB Clarification

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

OB Clarification

Postby soupdeluxe » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:59 am

Hey All
I was reading the rule regarding obs and noticed it says a disc is out if it is "clearly and completely surrounded by ob". The surrounded is where I took pause. For some reason I thought they changed this so when a disc that was touching ob (partway on partway off) it was ob. I looked over the updated rules and could not find this. Please enlighten me. Thanks
SD
soupdeluxe
Noob

Favorite Disc: XD

Re: OB Clarification

Postby veganray » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 am

The rule is correct as it is written. Your thought of change is erroneous.

The rule was recently changed so that the "line" is now OB, which makes little sense since a line, by definition, has no thickness.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby soupdeluxe » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I have been playing it wrong this whole last year. More than a few courses owe me strokes.
SD
soupdeluxe
Noob

Favorite Disc: XD

Postby inthedrift » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:02 pm

Be sure to give yourself one meter of relief from the OB line as well :D
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby joegraham » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:22 pm

veganray wrote:The rule is correct as it is written. Your thought of change is erroneous.

The rule was recently changed so that the "line" is now OB, which makes little sense since a line, by definition, has no thickness.

If you can see a line, it has thickness and can be either touched or not. String, rope, paint, lime, curbs, or pavement that mark OB are distinguishable lines. All tournies should have these lines everywhere you want to designate OB. In ball golf, white stakes usually spaced apart about 15 yards or so designate the OB boundry, then it is up to the group to eyeball if you are past the "line" or not.
"Bang da chains!"
joegraham
Noob

Favorite Disc: roc

Return to Rules Discussion