New to the board?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New to the board?

Postby Yig » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:30 pm

Welcome.
I hear ya on looking at DG forums. I look at DIY HiFi forums, motorcycles, etc etc. , I also never thought to look at DG forums until last Fall. I've been playing since 2000 . Amazing how much I've learned since reading the forums and looking at Videos on Youtube !

Good luck, hope you continue to enjoy the game. Lots to learn , lots of good info here.
DX Birdie 175g, Opto Pure 170g, VIP Warship 168g, DX Leopard 146g, Medium Trak 157g, Medium Lace 163g, RHBH , RHFH , RHOH

Just friggin do it.
Yig
Noob

Favorite Disc: Old Champ Cobra

Postby JR » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:49 am

So what's hot in loudspeaker elements these days?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Highway Bill » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 am

What's happenin', ya'll? I'm new, not to the earth but to this board. I love this forum. It's probably the best disc golf board, right? I came in to say disc golf rules and I see big things on the horizon. Also...golf is not a par 3 game and disc golf shouldn't be either. In golf, the challenge lies in strategically linking shots together to get a chance to putt for birdie. We are playing golf, aren't we?
Anyways, let's build better courses!

-Highway Bill
Highway Bill
Noob

Favorite Disc: roc

Postby JR » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:44 am

Well said and welcome.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby IthrowRocs » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Been lurking for a while, been disc golfer for way longer. Great site with much less adolescent flair than some others. Well done admins.
IthrowRocs
Noob

Favorite Disc: Uhm Roc

Postby smix » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Hey Guys and Gals,

New player here from Wellington, New Zealand. Rented a disc while down in Queenstown in February, and been playing at least twice weekly ever since.

Currently a RHBH player, but can't seem to get past 70m...I'm obviously strong-arming and have been wading through the various posts on improving form. Gave FH a shot yesterday and it feels more natural, so looking at getting a more 'FH friendly' disc (my XL and Stalker don't feel too nice). Had a play with an Innova Orc, and looking to pick one up soon.

Currently throwing Discraft (local player here sells them)
Z Stalker
ESP XL
Soft Challenger

Looking forward to improving, and the content in this forum looks invaluable so far.
smix
Noob

Postby sberry2017 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Well I suck at intros so whatever:
Howdy, my name is Sawyer and I've been playing Disc golf for almost a year now; I'm not all that great at it but I'm slowly getting there, I think. I mainly throw Innova discs, but have a couple Discraft ones and looking at adding a Nuke-SS soon. I'm a student at Clemson University so I have a few courses near me, and back home in Aiken there's a decent 9 hole course.
- Sawyer
Clemson University C/O 2017
sberry2017
Noob

Favorite Disc: Leopard

Previous

Return to General Discussion