Discmania (FD) Jackal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby Calhack111 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Do you think that the FD could replace my saints? It would go between my PD'S and roadrunner. I find that i like the flight of the saint but am very inconsistent with it.
PD Saint Firebird Roadrunner Teebird Hornet Buzzz Stingray Jokeri Voodoo
Calhack111
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby maskedavenger » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:53 am

I bag C-FDs as the "little brother" of PDs. But I don't know what you use Saints and PDs for, for some people they have overlap.

Try it, you never know. :)
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 am

Jackals are all over the place shape wise so who knows what you will get and how it works for you. Let alone combined with the rest of the your bag. They are as wide apart from each other as the most overstable and undrstable pds. So ymmv and a handful of salt. It is up to you to decide if the variance is good or bad. The upside is variety and flexibility to cover a range of stabilities with one mold. The downside is that trying to get a disc for one role you might get one suitable for another. The same as with the pd so you need to know what to look for and online shopping is risky.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Calhack111 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Ok I think I'll just have to try one out.
PD Saint Firebird Roadrunner Teebird Hornet Buzzz Stingray Jokeri Voodoo
Calhack111
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby jubuttib » Sat May 03, 2014 8:04 am

Hmmm, I've always thought of the FD as a more of a River replacement than a Saint replacement. Not including the flat 2nd run C-FDs, those things are pretty much like TeeBirds when it comes to stability, so would probably be a good fit for that slot.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JTdisc » Mon May 19, 2014 4:29 pm

Got some throws in side-by-side with my Teebirds. They fly a lot like my lightly seasoned star Teebird, but with less fade. A little more glidey than my Teebirds also. The Champ Birds are the most OS, then the FDs with the 3rd run c-line being slightly more stable than the s-line, which has about a -1.5 turn. The FDs were definitely more stable than an opto River. I think they'll make a good disc to sit between Teebirds and Rivers. We'll see how they break in.

I also need to test them in some wind.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby JR » Tue May 20, 2014 12:11 am

There is overlap between those three.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Wed May 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Need to check S-FD's again, the ones I've had the pleasure of throwing were definitely more like -2 HSS or something, basically flew like a slightly seasoned Champ Leo.

And just to throw it out there, anyone throw the C-FD2 yet? I threw mine a few times and while I didn't really feel like I got good throws anyway, it still seemed like it was slowing down very quickly and had a somewhat dumpy fade. I definitely need to take it out to a field when I'm having a better day, but I was still wondering what experiences others have had so far.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Joz » Wed May 21, 2014 5:19 pm

My C-FD2 is the perfect disc between my stable PDs and FDs. I still keep a 2nd run C-FD in the bag, but it lacks the HSS that C-FD2 has. Thrown flat and hard, my 2nd Run C-FD will turn whereas the C-FD2 holds a line and always finishes on my intended line. I have grown to appreciate its lack of glide as well, as it definitely does not fly as far as my PDs do, which makes it easier to not overthrow on some holes where I would have used a PD in the past. Hope that helps...
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Thu May 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Sounds about right for mine as well. Kinda bummed, I was really hoping it to be essentially a production 2nd run C-FD. Doesn't feel like a bad disc, just doesn't feel like the disc I was hoping it to be.

Welp, at least I've got 6 of the 2nd run C-FDs, should last me a while.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Previous

Return to Equipment