Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby clard » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:05 am

I want to get a few jls to try them out. I highly prefer throwing Sirius or quantum plastic. Clearwater disc golf just told me they have 1.1 and 1.2 sjls as well as 1.6 and 1.8 qjls. Any of these better or worse? I know qs are more stable, but are there stability differences between these runs?
clard
Noob
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby Steady 26542 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:44 pm

clard wrote:I want to get a few jls to try them out. I highly prefer throwing Sirius or quantum plastic. Clearwater disc golf just told me they have 1.1 and 1.2 sjls as well as 1.6 and 1.8 qjls. Any of these better or worse? I know qs are more stable, but are there stability differences between these runs?

For me, the 1.1 SJ just didn't feel good. It was too hard and more over stable. The 1.8 QJ isn't really a QJ. It's a QPLS. I prefer the 1.6 QJ and the 1.2 SJ. Obviously the SJ will beat in quicker.
Image
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: Quad Cities
Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:25 am

Ran across an Omega SS yesterday with no run number. New. Normal looking stamp. Just no run number. My own stock shows run numbers from 1.22 thru 1.34. So. Is this guy pre-1.22 or post-1.34?

Have taken both the Tank and the Panzer out for several rounds now. My preference is the Tank. Grippier for me. Both seem to have more stability than the Omega AP or a QMS. Both throw longer than the AP. Both hold up well to cross winds and head winds. And both putt well for what I bought as approach discs. Good stuff.

Next for me is the Mortar. Picked up two in the Frontline X plastic. Initially, I have two questions. Why is the name Mortar for both the Frontline and X plastic when the name changed for the Tank and Panzer. Then. Why is the designation G-MT on my Mortars?
Omega SS / Tank Panzer / QMS / CE QMS / AMF / Q Sent / Polaris / SJLS / JLS / ZG Scorpius / ZG Quasar
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Out looking for my mind.
Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby BentElbow11 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:25 pm

xban66 wrote:All throughout history have had those who like adventure and the adrenaline rush associated with age. At the beginning of the 20th century motorcycle began to experience this kind of means. Since then, those who love to ride, to free it, rob, it provides the adventure to join the motorcyclist. Because these early motorcycle has to change and evolve. It is used to need a miracle, let them to start, and then the invention of the electric start


JR, is that you?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby JR » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:06 am

Nope. It is funny that the handle has the word ban in it though :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby Hwicha » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:34 am

So, Aries is out soon. Not exactly a disc we were looking for but should be fun. Would be interesting to see how different it is to Astra. Anyone sits on inside info?
Team Millennium
Russian DG Association president
PDGA CC Russia
Hwicha
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway
Favorite Disc: Millennium

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Aries is their Mamba, is it not?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby zj1002 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:26 am

ADiscand3Plates wrote:Ran across an Omega SS yesterday with no run number. New. Normal looking stamp. Just no run number. My own stock shows run numbers from 1.22 thru 1.34. So. Is this guy pre-1.22 or post-1.34?

Have taken both the Tank and the Panzer out for several rounds now. My preference is the Tank. Grippier for me. Both seem to have more stability than the Omega AP or a QMS. Both throw longer than the AP. Both hold up well to cross winds and head winds. And both putt well for what I bought as approach discs. Good stuff.

Next for me is the Mortar. Picked up two in the Frontline X plastic. Initially, I have two questions. Why is the name Mortar for both the Frontline and X plastic when the name changed for the Tank and Panzer. Then. Why is the designation G-MT on my Mortars?


Does the Omega SS have a place for the number but no number? Disc Nation has at times stamped some runs of omega ss with no run # mainly because the stock on hand was a mix of runs
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:09 am

zj1002 wrote:
ADiscand3Plates wrote:Ran across an Omega SS yesterday with no run number. New. Normal looking stamp. Just no run number. My own stock shows run numbers from 1.22 thru 1.34. So. Is this guy pre-1.22 or post-1.34?

Have taken both the Tank and the Panzer out for several rounds now. My preference is the Tank. Grippier for me. Both seem to have more stability than the Omega AP or a QMS. Both throw longer than the AP. Both hold up well to cross winds and head winds. And both putt well for what I bought as approach discs. Good stuff.

Next for me is the Mortar. Picked up two in the Frontline X plastic. Initially, I have two questions. Why is the name Mortar for both the Frontline and X plastic when the name changed for the Tank and Panzer. Then. Why is the designation G-MT on my Mortars?


Does the Omega SS have a place for the number but no number? Disc Nation has at times stamped some runs of omega ss with no run # mainly because the stock on hand was a mix of runs


Have a place for the number but no number? Yes. At least I would think so. The stamp looked very normal to me. Just missing a run number.
Stared at it a few times. Thinking a run number would magically appear.
I will inquire as to where the disc came from.
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Out looking for my mind.
Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:26 am

ADiscand3Plates wrote:
zj1002 wrote:
ADiscand3Plates wrote:Ran across an Omega SS yesterday with no run number. New. Normal looking stamp. Just no run number. My own stock shows run numbers from 1.22 thru 1.34. So. Is this guy pre-1.22 or post-1.34?

Have taken both the Tank and the Panzer out for several rounds now. My preference is the Tank. Grippier for me. Both seem to have more stability than the Omega AP or a QMS. Both throw longer than the AP. Both hold up well to cross winds and head winds. And both putt well for what I bought as approach discs. Good stuff.

Next for me is the Mortar. Picked up two in the Frontline X plastic. Initially, I have two questions. Why is the name Mortar for both the Frontline and X plastic when the name changed for the Tank and Panzer. Then. Why is the designation G-MT on my Mortars?


Does the Omega SS have a place for the number but no number? Disc Nation has at times stamped some runs of omega ss with no run # mainly because the stock on hand was a mix of runs


Have a place for the number but no number? Yes. At least I would think so. The stamp looked very normal to me. Just missing a run number.
Stared at it a few times. Thinking a run number would magically appear.
I will inquire as to where the disc came from.


It is probably the Disc Nation omega SS plate that has the run number drilled off. It should basically have an empty "run number circle" where the number should be. We keep omega blanks on hand and to stamp the Millennium stock. For various purposes we stamped some blank omegas with that no-number plate a couple times a few years ago. They are probably from the 1.27-1.31 run's, all mixed up. That no-number stamp is used because our omega stock used to contain a variety of runs, so the idea was to not stamp an old/new omega with a run number that made it more collectible/odd.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:21 am

zj1002 wrote:
ADiscand3Plates wrote:
zj1002 wrote:
ADiscand3Plates wrote:Ran across an Omega SS yesterday with no run number. New. Normal looking stamp. Just no run number. My own stock shows run numbers from 1.22 thru 1.34. So. Is this guy pre-1.22 or post-1.34?

Have taken both the Tank and the Panzer out for several rounds now. My preference is the Tank. Grippier for me. Both seem to have more stability than the Omega AP or a QMS. Both throw longer than the AP. Both hold up well to cross winds and head winds. And both putt well for what I bought as approach discs. Good stuff.

Next for me is the Mortar. Picked up two in the Frontline X plastic. Initially, I have two questions. Why is the name Mortar for both the Frontline and X plastic when the name changed for the Tank and Panzer. Then. Why is the designation G-MT on my Mortars?


Does the Omega SS have a place for the number but no number? Disc Nation has at times stamped some runs of omega ss with no run # mainly because the stock on hand was a mix of runs


Have a place for the number but no number? Yes. At least I would think so. The stamp looked very normal to me. Just missing a run number.
Stared at it a few times. Thinking a run number would magically appear.
I will inquire as to where the disc came from.


It is probably the Disc Nation omega SS plate that has the run number drilled off. It should basically have an empty "run number circle" where the number should be. We keep omega blanks on hand and to stamp the Millennium stock. For various purposes we stamped some blank omegas with that no-number plate a couple times a few years ago. They are probably from the 1.27-1.31 run's, all mixed up. That no-number stamp is used because our omega stock used to contain a variety of runs, so the idea was to not stamp an old/new omega with a run number that made it more collectible/odd.

Thanks. Even though I seem to be partial to the 24's and 25's, I may have to go back. Every SS deserves a good home. And there are plenty around. He'll have plenty of company.
Omega SS / Tank Panzer / QMS / CE QMS / AMF / Q Sent / Polaris / SJLS / JLS / ZG Scorpius / ZG Quasar
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Out looking for my mind.
Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby money 21 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Hwicha wrote:So, Aries is out soon. Not exactly a disc we were looking for but should be fun. Would be interesting to see how different it is to Astra. Anyone sits on inside info?

??? anyone???
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:18 pm
Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Mamba/TD2/Aries...different plastics...Innova tossing them bones....Quasar/Boss, Scorpius/Destroyer, Astra/Archon. Last unique Millennium drivers were Orions.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby Stringbean » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:03 am

I just won an auction for a 1.6 run 8/10 QJLS on ebay. Seems weird that it only went for $8.50 shipped.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin
Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Hey Stringbean, off subject, but I decided to give the Super Stingray a try. You may recall we talked about it awhile back in a midrange thread. You were right, it's a sweet disc! Much more neutral and straighter than the original Stingray. And yes, it can handle moderate winds. Very easy to throw, more so than even a Mako 3 or Buzzz SS. Nice glide and good range.

It will replace my Opto Fuse and slot in alongside my Wasp. Thanks for the tip, if that's what it was.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests