Do I have any overlaps or missing spots in my bag?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Do I have any overlaps or missing spots in my bag?

Postby nsdallin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:11 am

Here is my bag. I ordered the categories from least stable to most stable. I throw RHFH and can get my nukes out to around 400 on a perfect throw, the pd's go about 375 but on a much tighter line. Do I have any overlaps or missing spots in my bag Or am I looking solid?

Chain Only Putters
- (175)Pro D Challengers White W/Red Stamp (2 Identical)**
Upshot Putters
- (168)Pro D Challenger
- (175)Omega Super Soft
- (172)ESP Zone
Midranges
- (177)Pro D Buzzz
- (174)Z Buzzz
- (172)FLX Buzzz
- (174)Z Hornet
Fairway Drivers
- (172)S-line FD
- S-line FD2 (soon to be in the bag when its released)
- (175)S-line PD Test Configuration (3 Different stages of wear)
Distance Drivers
- (172)ESP Nuke
- (175)Z Nuke (1 flat and very stable, 1 domey and stable-understable)
- (172)Z Predator
- (172)FLX Predator
- (175)Z Flick

Thanks in advance to any advice given.
Any is appreciated.
nsdallin
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Re: Do I have any overlaps or missing spots in my bag?

Postby JR » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:34 am

It seems you have left center and right finishes covered at every distance but there might be a distance gap with wind tolerant discs between the Zone and the PD or Predator because at least some of the Hornets flip too easily even bh. Not everyone can throw those distance discs straight so something less fading might be good. It is hard to recommend a disc not knowing how sensitive you are to dome height. Seeing as you have a Pred there are options. Just what would be the best option depends on your distance and purity of form. And do you like to hyzer flip or not. If a hyzer flip is not a problem a Beast S TD Surge domey Opto Flow could work.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby nsdallin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:03 am

the s line TD is a really interesting thought. but i feel i get the same results from my s-line FD. i can let the FD go on a hyzer and it'll flip up flat, and stay straight all the way to to around 300-325 max(the flight for me feels similar to a slower sidewinder). my beat PD will do the same thing but much faster and if it has enough room to work it will eventually work back right, the FD stays on the line i put it on.
nsdallin
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:57 am

I was thinking of longer distances than the PD is capable of there one of the above hyzer flipped would be possibly better for straighter finishes than the distance discs you have now.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby nsdallin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:11 pm

ah ok i see where your coming from now. Im gonna grab an S-line TD and play with it for a while. could fit a nice slot between my PD's and FD's

What are your thoughts on replacing my nukes with DD2's? or adding the DD2 in addition to my nukes and preds for distance shots.
seems like i could benefit from a understable driver that still finishes long.
nsdallin
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:32 pm

DD2s are weird in how way different they are from each other. S-Line flat top is super overstable. One of the beefiest discs ever is European Open 2013 C-Line DD2 (with dome) and regular ones are too hard fading for ultimate distance=big boy discs and Blizzards are rollers out of the box. As in way different disc and role and target audience with so little power handling ability so the power needs go from a fairly new player to a distance cannon. Regular C DD2 would have the most golfable distance for somebody with your power i assume thinking that Blizzards are too flippy. They are BH so FH should be even worse.

Nuke is the longest disc for me but i don't throw FH far so it is for BH and i assume the Nuke is flippy for you. FH something beefier like those widest winged Legacy discs could work better Cannon or Rampage. The trouble for me is with those that i got early ones and they fly like each other and they broke in to flippy in field practice without hitting anything hard in a couple of sessions. In premium plastics. So i dunno about how they are now durability and stability wise nor do i know how they are supposed to fly other than fast and probably assuredly fading.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby nsdallin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:55 pm

honestly nukes arnt that flippy for me. theyre right in the sweet spot. i can get a beat esp nuke that i would comsider to be pretty damn flippy. on the flipside i can get a dead flat brand new heavy Z nuke and its pretty stable to overstable for me. so the disc can def cover the while range of shots except for a turnover shot(which i leave for my beat PD)
nsdallin
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion