TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:35 pm

Nossir. I haven't looked up the specs, but the Prodigy discs are both narrower in the rim width than a Nuke, Boss, etc. I have thrown both the D1 and the D4 some more. The D1 is similar in stability to a Z Force. Maybe half a point less HSS, meaning it fill turn some in a headwind. It is also somewhat faster than a Force. The plastic is really nice. The D4s are flippy, but fairly reliable in calm conditions. They haven't turned into rollers with no wind, or tailwind. They flip up, and have great forward glide as they track right, and given height or tailwind, come back, a long, long ways away. I have experimented with throwing them intentionally low with hyzer, and they don't have to have lots of height to fly straight. They can be thrown for long hyzers too, given good form. I remain impressed with both molds, and look forward to the others.

KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:48 pm

I always get such a kick out of re-reading my old posts. I seem to be eternally hopeful of improving my game. It has been the better part of a year since I posted anything about my bag. In that year(ish) I have tried a lot of discs. My rating has increased to a personal best. And I still can't fricking putt in the cold. At least our winter series isn't sanctioned......
Never have gotten around to modding my pack any more. Still need to cannabalize an old backpacking bag for nice padding and straps. The rest of it has held up spectacularly. I am interested in the Ergo 2 as well, but you must have to perform sexual favors to get one, as they appear to be out of stock pretty much all the time. Too bad for them, I would buy one.
Currently carrying 5 Forces (really looking forward to a non polar vortex weekend to try out the X plastic Forces I got in the mail), a Pred, 2 Avengers, and an ASS. Mids are Lucid Verdict, 2 Buzzzes, a Buzzz SS, and a Meteor. Driving putters are Zone, PA1, Challenger, and PA4. And when I get close to a basket, I sort of arm vomit an Ion in it's general direction. I wouldn't call it putting, but they are fine putters, nonetheless. Oh for warm weather.......
Peace
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:11 am

Err certain sexual acts could hamper your putting temporarily but i am sure that cannabAlizing your bag will not help :-D For cold weather putting have you tried a soft X Banger GT or if you have larger hands early soft and tacky Yeti Aviars?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:28 pm

Oddly enough, I have tried the Soft X Banger GT. I keep a couple around to goof off with. What I am struggling with is equal parts mental and physical, though I think the mechanical problem of not "feeling" the disc well exascerbates what is already my mental weak point. (Putting confidence) We finally had a couple of warm days, over 50F, and I was fine. I made every putt that I didn't think about. I will be fine in the springtime. Just need one of those rounds where I can't miss to give me a little boost. The warm weather also brought out some different drivers. Ti Nuke, Icon Rampage, and Prodigy D4s are back in, Thanks for the advice JR, glad someone is still on here.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:52 am

In the Discraft video more putting confidence now or something to that effect Mark Ellis made a great point about not relying on the results of those few magic rounds. Because it is not real and repeatable and you will fall below that level inevitably. When your confidence rests on forgetting the other days hitting a day on your real level drops your confidence and may drop your level to below your routine quality when you pressure yourself mentally. That usually drops your technique to a worse level in the long run hurting your score. How many times in a row can you rise up to clutch putt level in a row with unrealistic self pressurization? How many hold 'em players go all in 18 times in a row and win? The odds are against it and it is the same here.

Mark said that knowing this is a putt you have made a million times helps to keep you calm. Thus on your real level. That minimizes the round to round variations because you can enjoy the hot rounds and melt on the normal or a little under rounds. The less pressure you feel the fresher you are and the clearer you will think. That spills over to every throw so when you dtive and approach better you will be less rattled coming into putting and when you are in 100% make rate range you will not drain your mental capacity reserves. Climo concentrates when it counts and is relaxed otherwise. A round means five minutes of concentration.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Putting has improved somewhat. Several factors may have contributed. Got a nice new basket, weather has warmed considerably, and I have gone back to Pro-D Challengers for non-jump putts. I also am putting from a more straddle type stance. Not sure which of those is most credible, but it feels good to have some confidence. The bag is new too, as is some of what's in it. Got and Ergo 2 for the summer. It will be a warm weather bag, as it doesn't have the storage my modified dual pack does for clothes and what not. Pros for the Ergo 2: It is superlative in comfort, has an onboard rainfly that works well, and the top pocket is perfect for phone/wallet/what-have-you. Cons: If you carry more than 12 discs, the vertical storage is not much good. My discs are stored in a row in the bottom, a la Revolution. I also have 4 Putters in the giant putter pocket. Those are the driving putters. My putting putters are in the top vertical slot, which works pretty well. The hardware is bulletproof, and I like that I can clip my stool to it and not leave it on the course. The stool is usable while clipped, if you need it. The drink holders are solid bottomed, but not insulated, unfortunately. The tubular aluminum frame is well thought out and there may not be a more comfortable pack on the market. I would like to see the rainfly engineered to keep water off the straps, and a little more emphasis on the idea of vertical storage. The slots need to be a little larger (3 mids is tight, much less putters), and maybe a little beefier material. I can more than live with it, and might look hard at the next evolution, should it occur.
In the new bag.....
Ti Nuke
2x Z Force
400G D4
Z Crank
ESP Crank
Z Pred
2x ESP Avenger

Lucid Verdict (great disc)
Z Buzzz
Z Buzzz SS
Z Meteor

Z Zone
400 PA1
2x 400PA4

Pro-D Challenger
Soft X Challenger
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:17 pm

That new basket will help out a ton man.

I've had my Basket for around 8 years and I would probably still be struggling to putt If I didn't have it. It has helped my putting game a lot by having it. I've worked on so many things when I just have nothing else to do around the house. Instead of my sitting on my rear doing nothing I can putt downstairs. :D
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Bought a Mahal after doing some traveling this year and struggling to find space in the Ergo 2. The Big Hyzer bag continues to impress me with it's performance, but it will not carry enough discs for me. The Mahal is absolutely top of the line in design, construction, and comfort. It is also about the most expensive option out there. My Ergo 2 has been converted to a practice bag for one of the local courses that I only want about 14 discs for, and it is perfect for that. The Mahal is for tournament play, and traveling to play courses blind. They both work well in their respective niches. I still have 2 Revo Dual packs, one stock and the custom one pictured somewhere in this thread. The stock one may become another FrankenBag at some point. Anywhoo, here's the lineup.....in the Mahal

Z Nuke OS
Cryztal Z Nuke
2x Z Nuke

2x Z Crank
ESP Crank

2x Z Force

Torrent (I can't remember the DGA Plastics, so help me, it's a First Flight(

Z Predator
Z Avenger
ESP Avenger
Z Avenger SS

GLO Z Wasp