Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby JR » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:45 am

The FD fades less and needs less power so it is easier to get the distance when you are obstructed from taking steps and/or pulling the arm the whole way. Or rather some FDs fade less and especially some C FDs fade a lot. Each C FD at Frisbeepoint i have seen is the hard fading kind when they are C-Lines. Dunno how a less overstable C FD flies or looks like from personal experience or even watching others throw them for that matter. jubuttib got less overstable ones from Powergrip i assume. I have no idea about how they vary. Last year S FDs had stupid variations and way different flights between the ones i have seen. The straighter kind looks nothing like my flippy hard fading one except they are round and have wings and flight plates.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby mutteriwiritys » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:50 am

I had a 165g S-FD which I had used for the summer and after some beating (and improvement in technic) it became really flippy. Few weeks ago I lost it and traded for an another one. It's easy to hyzer-flip and I can be sure that if I release it flat and put some power it will head to the right.

2nd run C-FD.. that's like a different disc. I traded for a 168g one and as I don't have a big arm, I have no fear of turning it over when I throw it flat as hard as I can. It just wants to hold the line. Comparable to a Teebird in my opinion.

I would be excited to throw a normal (1st/3rd run?) C-FD to see how it would compare with the other two. I've heard and I can easily believe that it is between the S-FD and 2nd run C-FD. While the S-FD is flippy and the 2nd run C-FD is very much Teebird-like, a normal, full weight C-FD would do extremely well as an all-around fairway driver. Well, the S-FD already is a great all-arounder, but I think that a normal C-FD just would be easier to control due to the slighty higher stability.

I'm so excited to test out some D-MD2s, PDs and especially those popular flat top C-MD2s. But that's a different thing when I'm able to, maybe next summer..
mutteriwiritys
Noob

Favorite Disc: FD

Postby jubuttib » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:07 am

mutteriwiritys wrote:2nd run C-FD.. that's like a different disc. I traded for a 168g one and as I don't have a big arm, I have no fear of turning it over when I throw it flat as hard as I can. It just wants to hold the line. Comparable to a Teebird in my opinion.
Very much so. It took the Champ and Star TB's out of my bag.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby BentElbow11 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:46 pm

C-FD like a Teebird, really? How can this be when it has a straight tapered "L" wing like the Leopard?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby Flipflat » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:18 pm

C-FD is flatter, way more stable than the DGR S-FD I fell in love with. Faster Teebird.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby JR » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:31 am

FDs change a lot. Mine is more like a Firebird light and way more HSS and LSS than any Teebird i have tried. I have not tried the more than normal overstable tournament player fundraiser Teebirds though.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby maskedavenger » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:33 am

maskedavenger wrote:Anyone care to speculate what are the new things for DM for 2014? Some hints here: https://twitter.com/JussiMeresmaa

I think they could use a really overstable midrange or fairway. Or continue with glidey discs like FD and TD2. "PD3", a 11-speed stable yet glidey disc could be nice.

FD2

Thats what I thought. (Word is its going to be overstable.) Rim looks quite beefy to me, even at that width. Kind of like PD2 has a massively beefy rim while not being max wide (12, not 13 speed).

Nice, just when I thought I was done buying new discs.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby maskedavenger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:34 am

http://instagram.com/p/k5dCFvtLW8/

"Testing upcoming Discmania FD2. 100 meter (328 feet) hole in one as a result. This disc will be slower / less glide than FD with more stable finish. Flight numbers: 7 | 4 | 0 | 2 ."

Also: pretty picture, I wants them: http://instagram.com/p/k5UH6FNLbN/

Out in March.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:21 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:C-FD like a Teebird, really? How can this be when it has a straight tapered "L" wing like the Leopard?

Flipflat wrote:C-FD is flatter, way more stable than the DGR S-FD I fell in love with. Faster Teebird.
Well only the 2nd run C-FD does that. The other C-FDs are more stable than S-Lines, but still turn noticeably. The 2nd run though really does fly like a slightly less glidey and perhaps a bit faster TB.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby money 21 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:56 am

at some point did they change the bottom of the GM? I have a couple GM that have the big bead on the bottom like the gator. Trade for another and when it came it is marked on the bottom gm and is the size and has the same profile except that it has a micro bead instaed of the big bead. The new traded for disc is from a tourney in 2008 and is unthrown condition. I know that for a while they ran gators without a bead did they do the same with the gm?
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby linkinparkervii » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:30 pm

money 21 wrote:at some point did they change the bottom of the GM? I have a couple GM that have the big bead on the bottom like the gator. Trade for another and when it came it is marked on the bottom gm and is the size and has the same profile except that it has a micro bead instaed of the big bead. The new traded for disc is from a tourney in 2008 and is unthrown condition. I know that for a while they ran gators without a bead did they do the same with the gm?

Maybe its a actual gremlin by innova, and not the GM by Discmania? Just my thought.

The s-line GM i have has the big bead. Its not one of their popular molds, so i dont think they would have very many runs
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 pm

All of my GMs have the HB (Huge Bead), I'd actually be interested in a small bead one if I ever saw such a thing. =/
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm just curious. Has discmania ever made the Gremlin in a DX type plastic? The Plastic is the rubbery kind of DX plastic

I picked up(used bin) a unthrown what looks to be a big bead flat top Roc. On the bottom it has GR G.

I threw it a couple of times and it goes so straight that it overlaps with my Z Comet.Thought I had a flat top Roc,but maybe I'm wrong?
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Yes, they have. Does yours have the artwork on it, or just the GM stamp? Either way, it should say D-Line or S-line somewhere on the top.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:36 am

This is what it looks like. No Gremlin Stamp and no Indicator telling it's a Gremlin. Last time I threw a Gremlin was when Innova made it and I can't remember exactly what the abbreviations were on the back of it. So Gr G is all it has on the back and all I have to really go on..

I liked the Stamp,thought it was a Flat Top Roc so I picked it up. got it for 5 bucks too. :D
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment