"Eraser" Soft Challengers?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

"Eraser" Soft Challengers?

Postby BentElbow11 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:40 pm

I was in a local sporting goods store that has an extensive discg golf dept, including brands like Lat 64, Westside, Legacy, Prodigy, MVP and Vibram. Anyway, I found a pale red Soft Challenger that was in an eraser plastic, and it has the new "X" stamp. This thing is velvety while also being firmer than other Soft Challengers...they had a few others which were the typical chalky and somewhat floppy versions. Needless to say I grabbed it, a 172g. Awesome look and feel! I haven't seen a Discraft soft plastic like this before.

Anybody else seeing these types of Soft Challengers around?
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Re: "Eraser" Soft Challengers?

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Just the other day I seen two of them and thought the same thing. They felt great,but I'm a Wizard man so I didn't get any.

Maybe it's just a run they are experimenting with?
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:54 am

They're unique Soft Challengers, from what I've always seen. So, it could be a special run like you suggest. Looking on eBay, there are a few floating around, but most are the typical waxy Soft Challengers.

Mine is pale red and even looks like an eraser. Again, this has the new X stamp. I use a SS Voodoo for putting, but need to give this Soft Challenger a serious look as a putting putter.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:They're unique Soft Challengers, from what I've always seen. So, it could be a special run like you suggest. Looking on eBay, there are a few floating around, but most are the typical waxy Soft Challengers.

Mine is pale red and even looks like an eraser. Again, this has the new X stamp. I use a SS Voodoo for putting, but need to give this Soft Challenger a serious look as a putting putter.

Cool man. Good luck with finding some more.

I'm going to be trying some different stuff too man. I ordered me some Judges. I ended up changing some things about my putting style and now my very old beadless Aviars are killin the chains. I like beads so the Judge had a similar flight to my old beadless Aviars, acording to inbounds, so I just had to get me a few.

Pretty stoked about trying them out. Last time I got new putters was when I got new wizards to replace my old wizards lol
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby BentElbow11 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:42 am

It was mixed in with a few other normal Soft Challengers at a local store, so I grabbed it. I still like the SS Voodoo. It has a small bead(much smaller than a Wizard), a rounded edge, and just feels really good in the hand(i.e. clean releases for putting). It's also a great approach putter, very straight and unaffected by the wind.

I know what you mean when you stumble on a putter that just feels right from the get-go.

Good luck to you too!
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet

Return to Equipment