The Gospel of the PD

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice. I got the PD thread started again. :clap:
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:04 pm

I am so glad I put these back in the bag.

I have been nailing some consistent 380ft+ drives with them and the good thing is i don't have to worry about them turning over one me. Just straight for a long ways then you have that great fade.

I've gotten 4 birdies in a row on this one 400ft hole that I may birdie once every 5 or 6 times. I love it man.

And some people dislike the Freak Stamp,well it is my favorite stamp :D
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 am

Stringbean wrote:Does anybody know if it's true that the QOLF and the PD both use a Firebird bottom?
It is quite true, both use the FB wing with different tops, along with some asserted tweaks to the process. Not quite as simple as just picking a top and a bottom, there are other things they've fiddled with as well, at least on the PD (heard directly from Jussi in the parking lot of a DG course).
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:43 am

jubuttib wrote:
Stringbean wrote:Does anybody know if it's true that the QOLF and the PD both use a Firebird bottom?
It is quite true, both use the FB wing with different tops, along with some asserted tweaks to the process. Not quite as simple as just picking a top and a bottom, there are other things they've fiddled with as well, at least on the PD (heard directly from Jussi in the parking lot of a DG course).


Have you thrown both the QOLF and C-PD? And if so, how do they compare? My guess would be they're nearly interchangeable. FWIW, I've thrown many QOLF's but not the C-PD.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Stringbean » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:06 pm

I have thrown both (1.2 QOLF and plus mold C-PD) I would say the C-PD is slightly shorter and slightly more overstable. The QOLF is probably half-way between a C-PD and an S-PD.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin
Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby BentElbow11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks for the info! The QOLF's I've thrown are 1.2's and 1.3's. The 1.3's are sparkles, which are faster and have slightly less glide. But you can throw them full power on a rope, with only a late hook at the end. I don't know what makes the sparkles faster, because they look identical(nose, minimal dome), but those babies get out there real fast and are sneaky long if you get enough air under them.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby jubuttib » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 am

I have thrown a single QOLF and a couple dozen C-PDs, from pretty much all runs. Unfortunately I can't really comment on QOLF thing because the one I have is a flippy milky white one. Very noticeable turn right from the start and no real resistance to wind. My gummy P-PDs have been more overstable.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:50 am

Your milky white QOLF sounds like a 1.1, which are known to be less stable than all later runs of the QOLF. The 1.2's and sparkle 1.3's I have will not flip over into a headwind, even a strong one...assuming the correct release.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Stringbean » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:16 pm

BentElbow11 wrote:Your milky white QOLF sounds like a 1.1, which are known to be less stable than all later runs of the QOLF. The 1.2's and sparkle 1.3's I have will not flip over into a headwind, even a strong one...assuming the correct release.


That's been my experience as well.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin
Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:53 pm

QOLF is a great disc. I have yet to try a PD, mainly because I wouldn't bother with their P-line version, and I don't like S-line/Star plastic. That leaves the C-PD, and I don't see the need since I like my QOLF's and champ Orcs just fine.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Came close to getting an ace on a 400ft hole with my P-PD today. Went straight as an arrow then started to fade then hit the ground skipped and hit bottom of the basket. I pooped a little :lol:

That would have been my longest ace.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby BentElbow11 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Friend has a couple MOLF's that fly like PMantle's "way understable" Renegades. :wink:
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby JR » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:51 am

M in Orions breaks in fast being the opposite of s and q.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11439
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby BentElbow11 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:59 am

JR wrote:M in Orions breaks in fast being the opposite of s and q.


These MOLF's were like that new...they fly more like a Sidewinder. Both have a very flat top, which may explain it.
BentElbow11
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby PMantle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:06 am

BentElbow11 wrote:Friend has a couple MOLF's that fly like PMantle's "way understable" Renegades. :wink:

Image

Yay!
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Alexandria, La.
Favorite Disc: Teebird

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests